Blog hosting

Kalpana
Kalpana
from New Delhi
7 years ago

I would like to know bloggers'  experiences with host gator as opposed to blue host for your self hosted wordpress blog. 

Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

horrible. both are owned by EIG. Stay away from any hosting companies owned by EIG (Endurance international group). Once they buy off a hosting company, they transfer every to their private owned and super cramped servers somewhere where website owners claim it as FBI land :P. Jokes apart, avoid it. They're like vampires of hosting companies since they have purchased many of such companies, suck the life out of it and dragged the entire userbase down. no over exaggeration. 

I was using hostgator. They 'accidentally' failed to copy a part of image folders. Using certain plugins which was possible with hostgator shared was not possible after the migration.  I had to wait 6 months and then shift to VPS. hostgator practically reduced pageviews significantly after the acquisition to the point that it had lesser pageviews what i used to get from blogger. there should be better shared server hosting company out there. 

Kalpana
from New Delhi
7 years ago

Thanks for that info. I've had similar bad experiences with Godaddy and you're so right, things were better when I used a free wordpress blog and blogger :(  What is VPS? 

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

aaah Godaddy has a lot of hits and misses.VPS is everything hardware dedicated for you except the number of CPU cores. You get the options of managed, semi managed and non-managed.  

LockSign in to reply to this thread