Questions that bother YOU

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
7 years ago

We all have questions that need answers from friends... I mean, our own answers aren't sufficient sometimes. I know there are threads dealing with many queries... but i thought a new thread for those questions that do not seem to fit anywhere else will help us all.

Edited 7 years ago
Reason: Replaced 'me' with 'you' as this makes more sense
Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
7 years ago

Is it time for b-schools to train politicians as well?

Professional management courses are churning out business grads who are adept at strategising for productivity and growth... but our politicians seem to be in a time warp and bothered only about their coffers. Will b-school training help them focus on nation building?

Politicians can only preach and lead in a ditch dug by them. Had they the patience to learn, they would have become doctors etc.
All they can say to escape something, "good question." Or blame the oppostion for every damn thing
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
7 years ago

Literacy figures are going up... yet ignorance is seen all around. Is it time for education to do some soul-searching and begin focusing on changing attitudes towards work and communicating concerns correctly?

I have come across people from a varied range of professions who had the right questions in mind but were not able to articulate these on paper... and as a result a lot of good ideas dropped dead. These people are able to rant vociferously but not able write their ideas or complaints clearly. This, i guess, does hamper growth and sometimes, even normal functioning of an organisation. Does anyone have any ideas on how to tackle this issue?

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

People in mass wouldn't care as long as the job that comes by getting the degree pays well and better marraige prospects, loans, going to another country, etc.

After all a man has to eat food, sleep and bathe.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
7 years ago

Another question...

What do you think the masses are bothered about in smartphones: camera or battery or screen size or great audio?

Keyword: masses

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

The masses care whether the phones look sophisticated and not some unknown chinese brand soapbox. 

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
7 years ago

Really? Statistics are in favour of these 'chinese' brands. There is, of course, a segment that is bothered about the pricing of a gadget... but even the budget buyer has his or her dream feature. Which feature is this buyer looking for? 

Could it be audio? I say this because a lot of low-budget buyers are forever listening to songs and are equally interested in video clips.

Why does it bother you? or anyone?

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

You asked "What do you think....". I said based on observations made so far. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread