Should one connect to brands?

Nikita Batra
Nikita Batra
from Gurgaon
7 years ago
Hi, we are beauty and fashion bloggers. Have been blogging for a year but still consider ourselves very new into the blogging world. Wanted to know whether one should approach brands to collaborate or wait for them to approach you? Thanks
Edited 7 years ago
Reason: Posted in the wrong section
Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

Hi Nikita, this is not the place to post ur blog links. its called shameless selfpromotion. pls read up on the rules before you post in the forum again

you have to post the same in blog reviews section in your dashboard page . Hope this helps

thanks

Nikita Batra
Nikita Batra
from Gurgaon
7 years ago
Hi Mr. Karthik, I read the rules right after I posted this. I did correct my error and posted it in the right section. I am new to this forum. Apologies for any harm caused to you due to my inadvertent error.
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

I was contacted by a brand well before I started a site. So there's no hard written rule that if you are new, it wouldn't work. But then my website started long before this Facebook, twitter business. They were better days. But truthfully I  see so many blogs with 3k-10k likes/followers. but rarely people interact. page views are still the primary objective to get credible reader base How do you show its importance of the crowd coming to your website as potential buyers over social media with worthless likes/retweets is a skill you need to have. And patience because you see a lot of food blogs, fashion blogs, makeup blogs are in a rise too. Now there are also YouTubers in India making quality content as well. I don't see why not. In the meantime, if you can whenever it's possible, buy the stuff that you could and review them. It doesn't have to be expensive. You are doing this for people and trying to build a userbase. Also, see if you can sign up for amazon/Flipkart affiliates. Have those product links in the end for interested people to easily buy them. I primarily started using them because that was the only way to show pricing in real time rather than at the time of publishing. But at times i get a small kickback. You can use it to buy smaller stuff to make more reviews and more content. never forgot this: At the end of the day, you write for your readers and for yourself. You communicate and work with any brand- for your readers and for yourself. Therefore, no company, no matter how big and vast, is more important than you and your reader's happiness. A  lot of car enthusiasts are not happy with Indian car bloggers because they feel they are over-influenced by brands who take them for trips, long trips- even international trips.  None of these matter. It's your readers and loyalty & trust is what will make your website as a brand grow. 

Nikita Batra
Nikita Batra
from Gurgaon
7 years ago
Hi Sorcerer! Thanks a lot. I truly believe that readers matters the most myself. But thanks for your insightful view. Really appreciate it! :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread