Indivine Makeover Yay or Nay

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
7 years ago

I am excited to see the new layout for Indivine. It is robust and has some interesting content appended. However, am yet to figure the new way of functioning. While I loved the overall graphics, I am not liking the new setting [or missing the old setting] where you can't open a blog to read and promote, or even see the exhaustive list of bloggers who voted for you.

Only this feature is a Naah for me :( Can we revert this part from the original, please? Or is it that, the feature is still active and I missed a functionality there?

Edited 7 years ago
Reason: To project the intent in right light
Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
7 years ago

Hey Ekta,

Could you elaborate on the "where you can't open a blog to read and promote" bit?

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Dear Renie,

Hitherto, when we click on a blogger's profile at Indivine, it will show all the posts submitted by the other blogger [in chronological order] and we can click on any one and be led to a page that had-

1) The Blog link

2) No of people with profiles who voted for that post [an exhaustive order]

So when we click on the "blog link" which also has a tab reading- "Click to vote or so". it will open the blog in another window and the tab will change into "vote this post or promote this post". This particular feature was quite handy to check the posts of all bloggers who voted for you, read their post plus available chronological archive and vote immediately. Guess it is missing in the new layout. The new layout is good and is done quite tastefully and loved some features too. I, however, miss that old feature [no 2] and unable to access the quick list of all co-bloggers that voted for me, so that I can quickly check their posts and do the needful.  It will be great if you can add those two back as well.

Mridula
Mridula
from NCR
7 years ago

I am with you on being able to see the co-blogger list Ekta. Imagine FB not showing me who liked my posts, or Insta blocking the like list to 10 or so. To me it is a disaster.

Amitesh Gupta
Amitesh Gupta
from Patna
7 years ago

I don't find voting collusion any good...and that is why I stand with Renie and Inditeam. But, IB has always worked like that. It is going to be very painful to bloggers who managed, earlier, to make their post appear in the IB homepage. I wish to see the real and deserving TOP post there!

Mridula
Mridula
from NCR
7 years ago

Amitesh by the same logic FB and Insta should not show the likes on my posts. Do you ever see that happening? Twitter should not notify me about interactions? Do you *EVER* see that happening?

What is real and deserving? The definition varies from person to person. Reciprocity has been the fuel of social media. Try killing it and see what happens.

Amitesh Gupta
from Patna
7 years ago

I agree the fact that the Blogosphere is very much connected. I see bloggers share blog posts of one another, comment on them...it's all about being connected. But, having said that, I also believe that those things reduce the value of this hobby-cum-profession.

Coming to the real and deserving thing...I'd like to make Quora analogy. Quora doesn't make an answer to be on top just because it got more upvotes. The answer on the top of any question on Quora is real and deserving. But, I am fully aware that Quora is Quora and IB is IB!

IB is the home to many Indian bloggers and we love being here because of this connectivity that this platform provides. IB can hold an online referendum for the voting thing. That would be the democratic solution! Smile

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
7 years ago

Ekta, Mridula - a little feedback please! When you are typically on IndiVine, and you're looking at the people who voted for you, is that on your desktop? Or is also something you do on your phones?

For now, I think we may have implemented a solution for you where all voters can be seen on a desktop. I'm not going to point it out, let me know if you find it easily enough!

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Renieeeeee, you are the SWEETEST! yes, it is very much working. Thank You so much for this, buddy!

I was checking from my Desktop and now it reflects Smile  Smile Smile Smile Smile #ThankYou #YouRock!

Mridula
Mridula
from NCR
7 years ago

Thank you Renie, or I was convinced that you will next go and pursuade FB and Insta to stop showing me the likes :D I use Indiblogger mostly from the desktop! Now let me go and see if I can spot it.

Mridula
Mridula
from NCR
7 years ago

Yup I could find it. Thank you so much!

Jitaditya Narzary
Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
7 years ago

NAY

I am not liking it at all. I guess it will decrease traffic to blogs. Now one can vote for people without even opening the actual link? Or am I getting it wrong?

While I understand the voting collusion part... Let us face it, referral traffic is a big reason for being here.  It wasn't broken, what are you trying to fix?

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Yes, Jitaditya your worries are right. You can vote without reading by just clicking "tick mark" unlike the old module wherein it first opens the blogpost, and then prompt for voting.

Renie, another use case that you may like to look into, buddy Smile

Amitesh Gupta
Amitesh Gupta
from Patna
7 years ago

Now, I simply don't care about blogging! It is a waste of time.

Mridula
Mridula
from NCR
7 years ago

Sorry Amitesh for your disappointment but please try and convince Facebook too to not to show likes. Yes Jitaditya I too saw that but I am not worried. I think people will still click on the link out of habit! :D

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Facebook and Instagram are social networks catering to a wider set of people. Indiblogger is a community for bloggers. And just bloggers. You can't even sign up without a decent number of blog posts. So the issues and thought process for indiblogger is unique to blogging community of this size. Social media problems are very different from blogging community.  Facebook does not have blog posts in its newsfeeds and blocks clickbait articles (even a lot of bloggers do that, not just buzzfeed type websites). They have people to even weed out repititive and mundane content to be seen from a wider circle. Theres also a problem where Facebook wants money from you to show your content to your people who liked your own page. Even Google news would not have blogs in their feed and weed it out at some point.

Comparing indiblogger to social media is pointless. If you check out the social media bar below each content, you only see the number of likes and +1 and linkedin shares. You have to go to the page of the person or his/her blog to see who liked and reacted- and who shared and what their people posted. But someone takes the link and posts it rather than sharing from your post/page post, you wouldn't know.  anonymity is still there with social media unless to check it out from the social media site itself. 

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Many times I see press releases and copied/re-worded content getting pushed up in indivine but quality content pushed down in popularity. I find it hard to believe that people would genuinely like a mundane press release copy-pasted by a lot of sites, let alone tolerate copied/re-worded content. the only time people snoop around to see if anyone posted a copied content is only during the contests. Not that its a wrong thing,but it shows how we have limited our "blogging ethics". Reality is that a large set of bloggers likeing eachother's indivine. Most dont read it. they just need to click on the link and wait for the like button to unlock. bounce rate will shoot through the roof since such people dont read your content. This is why anonymous voting was suggested a very long time ago. But it was not done back then and therefore people got used to it to a point a lot of people will cry fowl. anonymous voting discourages such things and give an equal opportunity for quality content makers. because that's what we as a community should look at. not likes or hearts or reactions or re-tweets. But quality content. inspirational content. consistency growth in quality content.  

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Dear Renie

Please look into the suggestion no 2 as well. It was on re-plugging the voting button where one can vote only after the post is being opened in the other window. simple tick mark has no objective re :(

LockSign in to reply to this thread