What is the advantage of having guest posts in our blog?

Sobha Kalyani
Sobha Kalyani
from Hyderabad
7 years ago

Hi all

What is the benefit of having guest posts in our blog/s? Do we need to pay something to the guest author? What are the T&C for guest posts? Can the experts please explain me in detail about the guest posts in our blog/s.

Thanks in advance

Sobha Kalyani

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
Sobha Kalyani
Sobha Kalyani
from Hyderabad
7 years ago

Cry

No responses yet. Awaiting for the experts' opinions. 

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

When you write a guest post, you get a dofollow link back in return which helps your DA and PA

Sobha Kalyani
Sobha Kalyani
from Hyderabad
7 years ago

Kathik, my question is, I own a blog and what is the advantage, if I allow guest authors to post articles in my blog? And do I need to pay them for their contributions in my blog? Pls clarify my doubt.

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

If you are giving them a do follow link, dont pay (if your DA score is high).

else if you want niche articles for your site, you have to pay for guest posting. But you dont need to link back to them. Why else will someone write for you?

Advantage of guest blogging : your blogging frequence is retained and more traffic

Sobha Kalyani
Sobha Kalyani
from Hyderabad
7 years ago

Thank you Kartik for the clarification.

Ivan Bayross
Ivan Bayross
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Hi Shoba,

Maybe this will help.

Creating unique and relevant content for your Blog readers is a time consuming task. 

After the initial euphoria of Blogging passes creating unique, relevant and engaging content actually becomes a chore.

Hence a great way to deliver awesome content to your readers is - accepting Guest Posts.

All you have to do is be very choosy about whose Blog post you release on your Blog site.

There are any number of guest Bloggers who are actually, pushing our barely tolerable content for clients.  They often deliver, sloppy, duplicate 500 to 600 word content, just for the backlink(s) they can get for a client who pays them for this service.

I avoid those guest blog posters completely. 

Create a simple set of guest posting rules for your Blog site, then ensure that those rules are obeyed.

Now about advantages:

1. When you publish a GBP, the blogger who wrote the post, normally markets this event on their Social Media channels. 

They indicate your Blogsite's URL, driving traffic to your Blogsite.

2. Their Blog followers may become your Blog followers. 

Then it's all up to you, how to convert them to registrants and from there to paying customers.

3. If some of your GB's are connected to authority Bloggers, then your Blogsite can get noticed by the authority Blogger(s) as well.

When you market the GBP on your Social Media streams, AND you know that the GB poster is connected to some authority Blogger, do remember to Hashtag your SM post, with the Hashtag of the authority Blogger to help catch their attention.

4. A really wise thing to do is identify a couple of great Bloggers in your niche, then write in and ask to interview them.

Publish the interview on your Blog post (as a GBP) and market this strongly on SM.  It's very likely that the Blogger who's been interviewed will also market their interview on their SM channels but the URL will your website.  There will be a good surge in site visitors when that happens.

5. Finally, do Google for - Advantages Of Guest Post Publishing - and spend a little time reading about how GBP adds value to your Blogsite.

Do Follow and No Follow links

Most serious Bloggers today set their website links to No Follow. 

If there are specific links that they want followed, then those links will have in-line, do-follow, attributes set. 

That way, the control of rewarding specific GP's with do-follow links is completely in your control.

That said, I assure you Google and other major search engines, like Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, AOL, Ask.com, Excite, DuckDuckGo and more have tweaked their indexing algorithm and are intelligent enough to deal with which link to follow and which link need not be followed.

I hope this helps. 

BTW, what's your Blogging niche?  My niche is Digital Marketing.  

On a final note I never pay for a Guest Blog post. 

Warmly

Ivan Bayross 

Sobha Kalyani
Sobha Kalyani
from Hyderabad
7 years ago

Thanks a lot Ivan sir for the elaborate info on GBP. I have another doubt on this guest posts. Do we need to give them access (password) to our blog? Is it safe, doing so? 

My blog www.chivukulas.com is mainly on culture & tradition and I do post articles on travel, education and general topics as well.

Ivan Bayross
Ivan Bayross
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Hi Shoba,

Thanks so much for replying.I usually never give anyone - Author Level - access permissions on my Blog, unless I know them really well.I definitely have a few people who I trust enough to post directly on my Blogsite. 

I ask for the GBP in M.S. Word format. I do a spell check, word count, and Grammar check in M.S. Word first.  Clear up any issues that exist.I insist that my GBP are greater than 1200 words.Then I do a quick check for plagiarism using – Copyscape. I have a premium account. 

Only after all these tests have passed, do I sit down and convert the M.S. Word content to HTML, this is actually a simple copy/paste job.  After that I do the formatting by switching to coding mode in the WP editor and adding  classes that I've pre-defined where I want them. My Blogsite is driven by WordPress and hosted on the Cloud. I've been using BlueHost for more than 12 years.

Warmly,

Ivan Bayross

Sobha Kalyani
Sobha Kalyani
from Hyderabad
7 years ago

Thank you sir once again. Sorry for bothering again. When we post the GBP in our blog, then our name only appears as the author of the post. Then what's the purpose of this GBP when their name don't appear in our blog?

Ivan Bayross
Ivan Bayross
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Hi Shoba,

If you are using WordPress to drive your Blog then all you have to do is create an - Author- account for your GBPoster.  

I do not give the GBPoster a Login Id or Password, I just create the account. When creating and publishing the GBP I simply login using the - Author - credentials and thier signature will appear in their GBP.There are other ways to display the GP Bloggers signature as well when you are creating and publishing their GBP.  Just Google for this and read carefully.  I'm sure you'll figure it out Smile.

Sobha Kalyani
Sobha Kalyani
from Hyderabad
7 years ago

Great! Thank you sir for the inputs. 

Ivan Bayross
Ivan Bayross
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Hi Shoba,

You're Welcome. Happy to be of help.

Warmly,