Which camera you use for youtube Videoes and blog photos?

Vidya
Vidya
from Mumbai
6 years ago

Hi Friends,

Need a help in buying a camera to take photos and videoes for my blog.

Please guide me and share your views and reviews about this issue.

Also, share your experience with your camera you use for your blog or you-tube channel.

Hope you will help me in buying a perfect camera within my budget of 25000 - 35000

Thanks,

Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending
Srinivasan
Srinivasan
from Chennai
6 years ago

I recently bought a NIKON D5300 with a basic kitlens (18-55mm) for around 37k which I use mostly for photography. I believe any decent camera will work fine for photos and video making for blogging purpose. But if your blog's focus is more about Photography/making YouTube video's then you should put some more effort in choosing a good lens for your camera. I recently made an art video on my YouTube channel for which I used my Mobile phone (Redmi Note 4) which is capable of recording HD videos and I'm pretty much satisfied with the result. 

For your budget you could get a good camera with a basic lens. May be you can later expand your lens later if needed.

Vidya
Vidya
from Mumbai
6 years ago

Hi Srinivasan,

Thanks for your reply, I want a DSLR camera, my blog is not about photography it's a lifestyle blog. But when we work for any brand then they need good quality photos, which is not possible with my Digicam or Mobile :(

So want a DSLR, will check NIKON D5300, thanks for your guidance :)

Srinivasan
from Chennai
6 years ago

Agreed. For a lifestyle blog you need something more than just a digital camera. I hope you get a good DSLR soon. Happy blogging :)

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
6 years ago

I really want a Lumix GH5 >_<". But I am using Canon 600D with a very old Asahi Pentax 55mm lenses. I would rather buy a second-hand A6000 with some warranty in it if my budget was restricted to that range. Sony's low light performance is phenomenal. New ones cost 45k. 

Vidya
from Mumbai
6 years ago

Humm, Lumix GH5, I cannot even dream about it  :(

Which is best between Canon and Nikon? it's a confusion

Will also check Sony cameras but 45K is over budget.

Thanks for your guidance :)

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
6 years ago

For videos? I wouldn't choose either. For photos? Others will suggest, but I would rather buy a body only camera and then a 50mm f.18 nifty-fifty lens. If you need zoom, get the kit lens.  Canon and Nikon have lagged behind Panasonic and Sony for videos so much people are not finding it amusing at all. If you want for still and video, save  The camera will be with you for 4-5 years anyways so might as well make a good purchase decision. 

Avinash
Avinash
from Bengaluru
6 years ago

A Gopro Hero 5 Black & Nikon D5200(*DSLR) with Interchangeable lens + 2 lenses 18-55MM & 55-200MM(Zoom Shots)

Vidya
from Mumbai
6 years ago

Thanks Avinash for the guidance :) 

You are using Nikon so can you please suggest pros and cons of it. Also which is best brand Canon or Nikon? 

I  have  a  Sony Alpha  58  DSLR . Shoots  upto 55  mm.  I  also  use a  Tamron 70-300  mm  lens .  Gives  me good results.  In addition , I am using  the photoediting  software Photoscape. 

Vidya
Vidya
from Mumbai
6 years ago

Thanks Abhimanyu, do you have any experience with Nikon? I am very much confused between Nikon D5300 and Sony A58, can you please help me? 

Please if anyone used both these (Nikon D5300 and Sony A58)cameras please guide me, I want to finalize asap. 

Ravi Chandra Verma
Ravi Chandra Verma
from Gorakhpur
6 years ago

Well as a startup i use my old MI5 smartphone Camera which gives near to DSLR like images which i am happy with it. 

I just shared my views here. 

Thanks

Vidya
Vidya
from Mumbai
6 years ago

Thanks all, After checking many reviews, you-tube reviews I have purchased Nikon D5300 and its really good, Thanks all for your feedback. 

Srinivasan
from Chennai
6 years ago

Cool Welcome to Nikon 5300 club !!

Vidya
Vidya
from Mumbai
6 years ago

Thanks Smile

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
6 years ago

Most of the videos that I make are on whichever smartphone I happen to be using. I do have a Nikon D5100 but I hardly ever use it for making videos. The reason is that most videos will be short or very short clips joined in a video-editing software or app to complete a story. And these apps for a smartphone are not only easy to learn and operate but are fairly economical. For the present, this system works well for me.

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
6 years ago

I'm using Nikon D5200 and Smartphone (iPhone 6 plus, S8+ and Honor 8 Pro). Most of the time I use my iPhone as Nikon is bulky and can't be carried always.

HR
HR
from Bangalore
6 years ago

OnePlus 5 camera also ok :P

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
6 years ago

I'm using a Nikon D5200 with 18-55mm kit lens, for my photos. I often make do with my cellphone camera, though Android cameras, I absolutely hate, especially for their low light performance (poor photo quality) but what would hardware do, if the software is shitty. Would like to have a cellphone with better camera, as it comes in handy to have a quick snapper with you, almost all the time.

HR
from Bangalore
6 years ago

Don't hate Android or iPhone cameras :P There are few Smartphones that has absolutely fantastic camera which can give you the best result out of low light or heavy...Galaxy S8, Google Pixel etc. are nice one Laughing

Amod SP
Amod SP
from Delhi
6 years ago

I use a Canon 600D for all photos and videos. Bought it three years back. not planning for any upgrade. For quick vids, my reliable Honor 6x.

Abhinav Deb
Abhinav Deb
from Kolkata
6 years ago
Content must be of first importance. You can try out any mobile camera for starting out making videos. As far as photograph is concerned same logic applies here. Invest in entry level dslr. I used earlier Canon 500D for photography, then I upgraded to Canon 70D for vlogging. Hope this helps. Check out Website- www.abhinavdeb.com https://www.youtube.com/abhinavdeb

LockSign in to reply to this thread