Blog Contest Rules

Vandana
Vandana
from Mumbai
5 years ago

Hi Indiblogger Team,

I am posting this suggestion as it might help in future contests.Smile

I would like some clarity please about the requirements which are put under the heading of 'Rules'. For the recent contest on Blind List, to a query about the hashtags and social media sharing handles, Nihal Lazarus replied: "The handles and hashtags of the Brand / Campaign are mentioned in the rules in an effort to urge participants to use them when they are promoting their posts via those respective channels."

As per my understanding, whatever is put under 'Rules' means that it must be done. If the hashtags and handles of the brand/campaign are not mandatory, it would be good to put that instruction/request separately. Of course, when we click on the 'Rules' it then shows as 'Contest rules and guidelines'. So I wanted to suggest: why not have 'Rules' separate and 'Guidelines' separate, with the former being mandatory and the latter optional? I think this would provide greater clarity and not confuse participants, not to mention them worrying, worrying, worrying if their entries have followed the contest requirements Undecided

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
5 years ago

Sounds fair.

Anant Chetan
Anant Chetan
from Villingen
5 years ago

Yes, exactly. I had the same question. In the beginning I distinguished them because of the following: The top three lines starting with a red markers were mandatory, they also included the words like must, must and only. The next two lines had a green marker were not mandatory but good to have and had the words like please and could. The rest of the lines were just info with yellow markers. But again,  I am new to indiblogger and don't know if it was out of coincidence or its a norm. 

Nihal Lazarus
Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
5 years ago

Hey Vandana, Good point. I see how having both rules and guidelines mixed together under the 'Contest rules and guidelines' section could lead to some confusion as to which is which. Next contest, we'll give them their own headings and make it clear right at the begining Smile

Vandana
Vandana
from Mumbai
5 years ago

Thank you for considering my suggestion. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread