Recession hit blogging world!!!

Saif
Saif
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Hi Friends,

No new paid opportunities for days,no paid reviews,no good pays for Ad Clicks and many more.

All these bad news raises only one question "Did recession hit blogging world too????"

What you say guys?

Cheera & Regards,

Saif

http://allinone-bangalore.blogspot.com/

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Very interesting topic. I'm sure it did. Recession has sure hit every possible domain. But what I do know is online and blog marketing are going to play a major roll in getting out of this recession.

Cos as we all know bloggers write about stuff irrespective of situations. If you have alots of money, you'll party and blog about it. If no money, you atleast rant about it Wink.

So lets blog our way out of recession! Cool

Ritu Lalit
Ritu Lalit
from Faridabad
15 years ago

This is an interesting question.  I disagree.  Recession has made blogging more popular.  In fact, just this moment there are people sitting at home, laid off, surfing the net and figuring how to make a bit of income.  I am getting more page views now then I used to.

Saif
from Bangalore
15 years ago

You are absolutely right Ritu :)

Even i am getting good amount of traffic but not money.Sites like PayPerPost,Smorty and many survey sites have failed to provide good amount of $$$$.

Earlier(during good times) each post use to be offered for $3-$25.But now i can see posts for even $0.5.

I had discussions with lot of bloggers and everyones voice is saying "When those good golden days will be back" :)

I hope you agree with me :)

Bishwajeet Mahato
from Jamshedpur
15 years ago

Same here ,but we must continue to build our blogs so that we can earn more when the recession is gone

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Ads on blogs are part of the economic world. It is bound to be hit by recession as companies (foolishly) cut back their marketing expenditure. I have seen this on my blogs too. CPC click rates have reduced considerably. However, since the CPC is the most directed and focused form of advertisement, it may actually be the first to recover.

If companies use their brain - they wouldn't, will they - increase their marleting effort; not reduce it. More views here => http://churn-news.blogspot.com/2008/10/counter-intuitive-actions-to-take-at.html

Guha Rajan
Guha Rajan
from Chennai
15 years ago

As of now, blogging is not even considered as an industry(probably part of media industry). The concept is catching up, in last 1 year or so and I sure slowly people would get attracted towards expert blog  and the revenue would increase 

Remember there is a saving goes,  great companies are born during time of recession.

Google was founded in the year 1998 when we were having Y2K problem, later in year 2000-01 we had a dot com burt.

So far any business persistence is important. Keep blogging!!!! and more importantly, it needs to be interesting as well

Guha

http://indian-amps.blogspot.com

More problems, more cribbing, more ranting, more blogging :D

dream
dream
from pune
15 years ago

As for me in the times of recession blogging is On.Earlier there would have been a little to talk about with little time but now wecan just go on and on..

Good na elections are close and so is IPL..

LockSign in to reply to this thread