Prevent Injustice to good reads please!

mariouana
mariouana
from Mangalore
13 years ago

Hey guys... in contests on Indiblogger only those posts who are 'voted' win and not those which are actually good reads. So the next time anyone, even I, ask you to vote for my post for a contest, make sure you are are voting for the best one or two only...

and here are some good posts:

http://www.buzzzstop.com/2010/08/wanted-a-cpedia-that-works-better/

http://disha-doshi.blogspot.com/2010/08/promoted-by-association-against-cruelty.html

http://www.windowslifestyle.com/?p=769

http://lifeisaturkey.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-first-experience-of-cyborg.html

and this one is written by a 11yr old kid...

http://blog.superstarvinayak.info/the-technology-i-want/

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: wrong link
1-20
21-33
Replies 1 to 20 of 33 Ascending
Amit Purohit
Amit Purohit
from Ahmedabad
13 years ago

@ all.

I think we write for satisfaction. Writiing sets us free and let us feel ourselves.

At least I don't write for contests.

Feel what I feel...See what I see...For Once Set me free..(Courtesy Guzaariash tag line)

Loved it so wrote that,

I think its high time we write for a cause, for a belief and for self expression rather than for some printers/some new film/ writer's promotional prank or some electronic goodies.

I write coz I choose to do it.

I hope everybody is able to gauge my sentiments.

I am sorry if i hurt some one.

Regards,

Amit

My Infatuation Love Demystified

www.shayar4u4ever.blogspot.com

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Awesome... what next?

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

http://404phylenotfound.blogspot.com/2010/09/eid-mubarak.html 

what is Mohammed doing here in my blog? This was strangely after I commented on Sourav blog and voted on his..

Brother Mohammed..u dint even wish me back..but said just thanks..

Please stop begging..dont spam..

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Not much to say after Anoop and Renie have given their views.

But I'd like bring this to everybody's notice and add here, that IndiPolice and the Admins are concerned about Spammer and Spamming. And were keeping a track on this thread the whole time and also on the spamming in comments and twitter/IndiStream.

We have/had/will have an eye on spammers all the time.

But really, where is Mohan?

A fellow IndiPolice and Forum Buddy is missing! Frown

If any of the spammer has touched him, I swear on my IndiBlogger ass, that would be the last Evil you'll ever do! Yell

mariouana
mariouana
from Mangalore
13 years ago

Thanks to all and esp to Anoop and Renie... here... I have written down my entire experience of Spamming. Renie, you may want to use it for the modifications u were thinking of...

http://mariouana.wordpress.com/2010/09/10/my-experiences-with-spamming/

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

Going through this complete thread  and the arguments, now realised how difficult is winning a contest. Money mouth Any one tried some kind of offline promotions?

Sourav C. Pandey
from New Delhi
13 years ago

That's the only thing that works for me! Innocent

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
13 years ago

Folks, I'm glad things cooled down here...

I guess everyone's patience was tested with the overdose of promotion. I was watching the spam on twitter and the comments on blogs as well, and it wasn't pretty. However, I could not put things in better perspective than Anoop has. We're the more experienced, more mature bloggers here - Mario's young, and I think the worst thing we could do as bloggers is kill another's spirit. I've done some pretty stupid stuff when I was young that scarred me for life - ignoring that voice in my head simply because I wanted something so very badly - haven't we all done stuff like that? Innocent

Thanks to last night's #inditweetmeet, I guess Mario realized how serious an issue it was and how important it is to all of us, and he came out and apologized on his own, even before this topic came up. I admire his character, and hope for all things good in this world that he keeps blogging after today!

This thread was entirely necessary, as it brought everyone's frustration out into the light, and gave Mario the chance to apologize and realize that IndiBloggers take their code of conduct very, very seriously! All sorted out in one slightly emotional sitting. Laughing

Cheers!

---------

On a different note, does anyone know where MohanBN is? We have an IndiPolice who's gone missing in action!

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

someone please sedate "pen"... I see he is king of spammers.Tongue out..he has been trying to make everyone sleep...

huh! this materialistic world....some of them proved even bloggers r no exception..

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

the latter part i meant for begging votes..and what is the prize amount for that..is there any scheme to sponsor..I will be a sponsor for that..

Mario..for u my friend..

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

well its 20k worth of HP printer that all are vying for :P

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

oho.there is a prize also..am still an amateur dont know about what all things go on here..

20k..bas 4 put options on Nifty :P..u'll get it

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

@Hemal ..i remem u said u have fever...and still online? kya bhai..doctor se online consultation lerahe ho kya?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

are nahi yaar, now i am alright.. subah ko doc ne injection diya tha, aft that tabs and was dropping all the day.. toh abhi neend aayegi toh nahi na.. isliye sitting online... will go to sleep soon anyways, doing some r&d

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

r&d nice..chal am going to sleep..added  u n commented on ur blog also..

take care...enjoy..gnite.

over n out!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

sleep well.. gnite... me too going in sometime

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
13 years ago

A MESSAGE FROM THE GOD OF ALL MODERATORS -

EVERYONE :: Dudes & Dudettes ... The Internet can sometimes render us faceless that we dont see that there are some very young bloggers here ...

I can see that some were spamming, but guys, we dont talk to young people like this ... Lets all remember how we were when we were 15 .. Most of us were probably dorks :)

To see ideas like this stem from 11 year olds to 25 year olds is in itself a magnificent feat! This is a tribute to India and all its glory! These guys are the future and we should treat them with respect.

They are young and they are allowed to be over enthusiastic, bubbly and curious about every damn thing :) Yes, some spammed but do be gentle in your advice. There were some very harsh things said and they were totally unnecessary. The internet should never make us lose our humanity ...

Mario Dcunha::

I have no words to describe the respect I have for you. It takes a big man to admit a mistake and there is no harm in making a few.

Everyone else .. It is a good contest .. Its like an F1 grand prix race with Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton racing each other for the championship.. you guys should stop worrying about the spam for a day and refresh this page :)

Peace!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

yeah Anoop.. we agree that we are a bit harsh here... as i said you guys have much bigger heart then we have... and thats something which is a shame on us.

irritation is a high level thing. a few heated discussion has happened coz the leading blog posts is threatened just coz of this spamming.

now thats a worry coz a genuine blogger is under threat coz of this.

Just a pen in my hand
Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

gudnite guys , alter ego calling !

Just a pen in my hand
Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

@Hemal , nah sry , was jus wondering why some posts nva get te deserving number of votes ! nt abt me , talking generally ! plz dnt take it otherwise...

Sourav C. Pandey
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Chill man! You are from Agartala, my neighbourhood, might catch up for bottles of beer someday! Wink

Good Night people! Signing off! Smile

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

LOL Sourav ! tat mite work ! mayb a few posts on bangla wud emerge frm tat ! ;)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

why do some deserving politicians dont get elected?

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

@hemal...... ignorance !

Anik Ghosh
from Bhubaneswar
13 years ago

Cause we don't deserve them...

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

hmmm....gudnite guys ! tk cr !

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

True @pen

similarly, even here, we need to look out for good bloggers. everyone should.

Raghav Aggarwal
from Jammu
13 years ago

@ hemal : because they cannot afford a party ticket !!

Just a pen in my hand
Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

i feel so misinformed n uneducated...gues tats why i nva got te votes i wud hv wanted for my posts !

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@pen never run behind.. learn from the top bloggers how they write. understand what makes their content stand out the most?

Interesting isnt it? You come to a common platform to learn, understand what others are here for and help eachother.

If you dont read and understand what makes them better, you wont be able to improve yourself.

I am not saying to copy their content or writing style, you need to know the thought paradigim. thats how you improve and earn some goodwill.

Sourav C. Pandey
from New Delhi
13 years ago

It's okay you are just new to all this, MARIO and MOHAMMED were the lessons in disguise! Laughing I suggest you to go for writing GOOD content, everything else will follow! TRUST ME! I've been blogging for three years now, and at least a 1000 people read my blog posts, who are not even bloggers! You need to market your blog ethically. Such spamming techniques work in short term. Never go for such USELESS tactics!

Writing with your heart, while having patience and the brain is the key to blogging! Smile

mariouana
from Mangalore
13 years ago

all taken Sourav! Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

+1 sourav

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

hey , thanks hemal , thanks sourav , i gues , u knw , its jus tat , i write wat i feel abt , n if IndiRank , Alexa , and GPR are the most important things in blogosphere , then i gues i dnt belong here .....

i nva thought that writing something wud lead to this , i mean , al i cud ever imagine is that , we write , coz we feel abt somthing , n its gud to read othrs blogs , n share the experience , nva in my wildest dreams cud i ever think tat blogging is more like a markting policy for most ppl.....or more of a winning a contest thing !

well , al i can say is tat , i knw my own thing , n if ppl like tat , i wud b happy ..i dnt promote myslf unethically , i love havn good conversations on indiblogger forum , n i gues tats te most popularity i wil ever get , bt it doesnt matter to me , m cool within my own niche !

thanks again guys ! :|

Sourav C. Pandey
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Thanks Hemal! Smile

It was great talking to you! Catch up on the contest posts, and make sure you vote for the best, IRRESPECTIVE of any negaitve action and biasness! Smile

And Mario, it's good to be smart but if not handled well it can back fire too!  Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Nice talking to you Sourav.

I would go as my guts speak. and never baised, even if someone i know well is a on the contest, wont comment or vote just coz i know him/her.

mariouana
mariouana
from Mangalore
13 years ago

@Anik... it seems?? I really did man!! And i did not knw the seriousness of it... I knew it was irritating and all... but only when my friend saw my "promotions" he just told me to shut off! I want a good blogging name more than anything else... That's why im feeling so bad...

As time goes Im sure ill make up for my mistakes and far better myself... but for now I will have to take the beating :-|

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

there is no point crying over the split spam. Try to be good, be eithical.

we are all here to help you be a better blogger, not a greedy blogger. hence, if you felt all of us here are sounding rude, thats only coz we all are frustrated.

and please, be sure that we still will help you Smile

Anik Ghosh
from Bhubaneswar
13 years ago

Tongue out

Best of luck!!! Wink

mariouana
from Mangalore
13 years ago

gotta go into restart mode... and thanks for that hemal... with this...

"...and please, be sure that we still will help you Smile"

i can have a good nights sleep... i know others may still be upset... however i did not start it... i recieved spam myself.. and thats when i thought "if they're doing it why not me"

and the story continued... :-|

mariouana
mariouana
from Mangalore
13 years ago

I deleted my post links from this topic where I could...

@Hemal im not trying to cover up anything and i did not crack any pj's here either.

as i said, there are too many people to make understnad... as @Sourav said... let the IndiPolice do their job...

Thanks Anik and you dont have to comment again. It all comes around. Im getting back to healty blogging from tmrw. Gunite all... Smile

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

healthy promotion too bro ! Smile

Anik Ghosh
from Bhubaneswar
13 years ago

Man, it seems you did a really good spamming...

Anik Ghosh
from Bhubaneswar
13 years ago

Man, it seems you did a really good *job* spamming...

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

no one promotes my posts these days , nt even the ones i have promoted :( 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Oh yea! you only said that it was the last pj you cracked. Yell

Just a pen in my hand
Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

hope u guys got wat i meant to say....see wat spamming does 

"guys , go to slp , its late , check te IST...good nite ! Indibloggers lead by example , n tis is nt te example we need to set....chill....no self promotion , no plagiarising , and no putting down on ne1 , let te IndiPolice do their work , tk cr ppl , gudnite !"

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Fighting over and abusing this forum isnt done.

You visited my blog, you voted for my indivine, when you wanted to do the adverstising, you did that already.

then you using my blogs contact us to inform me of vote begging. then still when i dont do that, you start posting comments on my same blog post thats part of the contest. Everyone wants to win, but you are going over board.

Creating a bad name for yourself already. There are a lot of people who are so frustrated that they are even demanding vote down button from Renie so that they all can Vote you down. Now what more bad name you want?

Mario, you are a Looser! And you still trying to crack those dirty pjs? seems you love irritating people. Dont test the limits of the genuine bloggers.

All they need to do its report your link as span everytime you comment on their blogs and see what happens to your blog! hope you understand the seriousness of what we all are saying

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

guys , go to slp , its late , check te IST...good nite ! Indibloggers lead by example , n tis is nt te example we need to set....chill....no self promotion , no plagiarising , and no putting down on ne1 , let te IndiPolice do their work , tk cr ppl , gudnite !

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Pen please, if someone is voice it out let them.. the frustration over this has happened earelir on this forum but stil this continued.

Mario sent me a mail from Contact me asking for vote. Today, when he realized that I havent voted for him yet, he commented on my post which I have choosen for this contest, asking me for vote and that too, with the URL on my comment page?

Why should I allow competition to spam my blog?

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

hmmmm....wel bhai , commenting on ur blog shud nt b considered spam , but if it is abt a competition an self promotion , then i gues it is bad...bt u guys shud keep it between urslvs na , i mean , he spams , u tell him nt to spam again...i mean , m nt tat sure abt stuff like tat , but i gues if u r saying , must b something bad......

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Pen, its something that everybody here right now, saying it out. Since we are on this forum, everything that is happening is connected to this forum. He has admitted that he is at fault and that about it. 

keeping it without ourselves wont stop him from spamming others. and yes, we all have ethics to follow here. We do things for ourselves. But we dont bother others in doing so. If i know that I have done good, I would be happy either ways. 

Whether I win here or loose, it doesnt matter to me. What matters to me is that pour my heart out in whatever i write. and not greedy to win.

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

@hemal , tats why we blog , isnt it ? i mean , wat , matters most is havn a reader who makes ur post worth it , isnt tat enuf ? i mean , blogging is a hobby for me , nt a profession , so i cannot comment on othrs , bt al i cn say is tat , i blog , n i jus hope my readers like wat i wrote , evrything else is a mystery to me !

Just a pen in my hand
Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

guys , go to slp , its late , check te IST...good nite ! Indibloggers lead by example , n tis is nt te example we need to set....chill....no self promotion , no plagiarising , and no putting down on ne1 , let te IndiPolice do their work , tk cr ppl , gudnite !

mariouana
mariouana
from Mangalore
13 years ago

Ok... there are too many people to make understand... I dont want to anymore... im just happy that Anik, Addy and Renie and a few others have understood it... I dont mind any complaints or action taken coz what goes around comes around...

If it satisfies u all... im deleting my post links from this forum... again, they were only for a last joke...

mariouana
mariouana
from Mangalore
13 years ago

Hey Sourav ur getting me wrong... that was a last joke thats all... and the "good for you" wasnt for that reply.. it was for your "well mario... reply"

i really dunno wat to say now...

samuel
from asansol
13 years ago

Please STOP IT ALL!

Renie Ravin (and other mods), please delete this topic.

Anik Ghosh
from Bhubaneswar
13 years ago

Why should anyone delete this topic?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Why should not. this is become a complete vote begging contest here. Mario thinks he is advertising?

Sourav C. Pandey
from New Delhi
13 years ago

I wonder where is the IndiPolice still?

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

Kshitij
Kshitij
from Faridabad
13 years ago

Ok! Time for truce.

Mario, we are happy if you realized you may have shown a little more enthu than required. At the same time, we understand how it goes when you really want to win and are super excited and all.

But am sure even you understand it's a little annoying to see so much of 'promotion', as you'd like to call it.

So, let's stop this bickering... and move on. I am sure your post must be good - because 200+ people wont vote for you just because you sp____ their blogs :)

Cheers!

1-20
21-33
LockSign in to reply to this thread