Google Adsense Activation process for Search

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I want to start my Google adsense for the search function on my blog.I wanted to show only results from my own blog.During the setup, In the step  - "Search Results Style" it gives 4 options of --

-Open results on Google in the same window

-Open results on Google in a new window

-Open results within my own site

Enter URL where search results will be displayed? 

Which option should i choose?Google asks for the url on which it will display the ads. I am not able to understand what url (I put the url of my blog but this does not show any ads) I should put up here?

Can anyone please help me with the entire process?I also want to put/embed the search functionality in my header itself, Is this possible??

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: typo
Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Anybody???

Shashi
Shashi
from Mumbai
13 years ago

welll ...  the search option is personalised for ur own blog.. but u cud choose how to display search results. I would suggest, use open in a new window, that will not navigate ur readers away from ur site. 

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I wanted to open the results in my own page...

Kumar Nair
Kumar Nair
from Trivandrum
13 years ago

Recently I found that google custom search does not work for all the pages,it will show results of only google has indexed.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

This is news to me!! Did not know that...

GvSparx
GvSparx
from Delhi
13 years ago

The ads being talked about here are the not like the widgets you have included. They are ads which you see on a simple google search. you'll get money when they get clicks. You can enter just your url there, if you don't want other site results to be displayed up there.

Facebook

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I tried putting my url but it says that you have to create own page url on which I want to display the ads???

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
13 years ago

I just did it ...today itself .. I chose open results in my blog .. that way .. the users wont have to go to another page/tab for the search results and neither wold they navigate away from my page... The search results in my page opens above the blogs section. 

let me know how it looks in my site... and also ... tell me how you finally went about it.

http://dreampeddler.in/

DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Looks good to me.
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Yes, your site is displaying the ads properly... How did you do it, can you explain it a bit in detailSmile

LockSign in to reply to this thread