Prashanth Kishan would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://mudnigga.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 36

Please review my Travel Blog

Prashanth Kishan
Prashanth Kishan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hello IndiBloggers,

Proud to be among some of the best bloggers of the country. Im a travel enthusiast and take every opportunity I get to travel. I've been travel blogging for the last couple of years now.

Kindly review my blog and give your feedback on areas to improve.

Thank you.

Replies 1 to 7 of 7
Ishita
Ishita
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Dear Prashanth,

Fantastic blog and great pictures...you are an amazing photographer too...

Suggestion -

Content should be more and write your experience..mention how to travel from blore to these places. distance, easy route, expense..this will be very helpful

A nice blog

Ishita Sharma

Prashanth Kishan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi Ishita,

Thank you for your compliments and suggestions. There was a time when I used to write elaborately. And then started to wonder if people really had the inclination to read through the whole content. Which is why I crop the content and give instant information to catch their attention. Maybe I should bullet the important information so that it's easily readable.

Thanks for visiting my blog and providing your inputs.

pk

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hello Prashanth,

Great blog you have there. Amazing photographs and wonderful writeups as well. Enjoyed going through them :)

A few sugestions from my side-

1. The Extra large pics are going out of your main content area into the sidebar. Do Check that out.

2. Search this blog widget is very important for a travel blog and should be right up there in the sidebar.

3. lastly, You could put up a nice header, which could captivate the readers attention the first time he hits your page!

Overall, its a great effort, Keep blogging :)

http://myyatradiary.blogspot.com/

Prashanth Kishan
Prashanth Kishan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thank you Arti for all the suggestions.

You are right about the Xtra large pictures. I've been shuffling up and down to make sure they look OK. But I know I have to eventually reduce their size. :(

Again right about the Blg Header. I've been thinking of a good header for the last 2 yrs! Still cant come up with an "original" one.Undecided

Let me also take this opportunity to return the compliment. You have a lovely and informative blog too. Been following it for the last few days now.

Anyways Happy Travelling and Blogging :)

pk

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

You tell it straight n true, and I for one found your pictures to be quite brilliant :) Esp the ones of the Pykara falls which I found through Indivine, though I blv they are 2 yrs old? The recent ones are beautiful too, and I think that for your photoblog, a single column template would be right.

What you can do is make it one post visible per page and no sidebars, the archive (maybe in a dropdown style), the labels (maybe in cloud style) and the other widgets can be placed in the two bottom bars then. The width can then be maybe 940px for the blog and your photos won't overshoot it then hopefully :)

Prashanth Kishan
Prashanth Kishan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thank you VInay for those insightful thoughts. I would try to play around with the template and try different ones. This is already my third template in the last three years. So yeah, time for a change.

ANd thanks for the compliments on the pics and the content. The pics taken prior to this year was a point-and-shoot. I've upgraded to a DSLR this year. And im still learning the ropes on this new acquisition. SO lets see how it goes.

Thanks again.

Anuradha Khanna
Anuradha Khanna
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Prashanth. I like the pics and coverage on your blog. Suggest the following:

• Followers gadget
  • A list of the places as labels, so if someone's planning to visit a particular place he can easily find abt it when he visits your blog.
  • Linking your posts to each other wouls help too
Prashanth Kishan
Prashanth Kishan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi Anuradha,

Thank you for the review. But I already all the points mentioned by you - only that I've changed their names to match the theme of my Blog (Road Bloke).

For eg, the Followers has been renamed to Tailgaters. The Labels has been renamed to Dashboard. I've also linked some of the similar blogs. For eg, all Hoysala related temples have been linked to each other in some way or the other and all of them can be found under the label "Hoysala Trail".

I appreciate the time you spent on my blog and thanks for the compliments too.