What is missing in Google + ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Everybody is comparing that Google + is a poor clone of FB, and therefore it does not attract much accolades.  I genuinely feel that google + could be winner if they provide link for us to upload fromt this platform, blogs, videos and photos, which is currently not available.  I am suprised why the highly intelligent google employees did not think of this feature at all which will be unique offering or in marketing terminology called as USP

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

According to me there are 5 USP 's of Google platform, just by incorporating all of them into google plus it will stand out as a winner, one clue is gmail. Don t you agree guys

Kristy Kumari
Kristy Kumari
from Amritsar
12 years ago

Well there are some security issues still to be addressed. For one you can't choose not to have your information showing to ppl in someone elses circle. You can hide your own circles but if someone from a friends circle visits their page they can still see you and add you. It's not a huge issue for that part, but since they are showing our actual email address in chat still this could lead to problems if we're not careful. 

Other than that, it's really just missing the ppl. I know they are coming, but it's slow.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes Kristy, showing e mail address can lead to trolling i suppose on g talk and gmail.  It is particularly applicable to females.

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
12 years ago

i cant seem to spend more than 5 mins in g+. It will have to take a giant leap, from here, to atleast take some momentum off from the FB. Something different, these hangouts, +1 and circles and sparks are just old wine in a new bottle. I dont netizens will buy those, atleast in the longer run. 

Like when FB introduced online gaming, it was a fresh concept in a social networking site and caught the fancy, and that spiralled the growth story for FB. Integrating other google applications can help but, the drastic change wont happen with these. It would slow, and that is something, we are all expecting to happen. 

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

If google + slows down than the charm would vanishing, the key lies in integration of their own offering according to me

Jagan
Jagan
from chennai
12 years ago

Google + is available in blogger. But not through official blogger interface, We can integrate google + in every blogpost through some third party applications like "sharethis". It works great. You can see in my blog live-positive.blogspot.com. it might take some time for google to release it in every platform they have, But they provided clear instructions about how to use it in blog posts.

R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I think G+ will flop.

G+ doesnt have anything that stands out as a killer app. I think most people will hold both fb n g+ accounts for a while and unless G+ comes out with something extremely addictive, people will just hold on to fb.. G+ will most probably end up in the same closet as wave, buzz n in a way, orkut....

Google Plus = Google's next minus.

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
12 years ago

+ 1 Raj

Riti
Riti
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I like google + so far ......

R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

U know, I just came up with a post on this topic...

thnx Umeshji fr the inspiration...

Cool

LockSign in to reply to this thread