Complete Guide to Improve your Blog's Traffic & Value
Do you want to increase traffic to your blog? Well, here are some ready tips to make a move in the world of success blogging. Get started with the following tips that make your task easy. Some of the Easiest Ways to Improve your Blog, SEO and its Traffic/Visitors
- Make a habit of posting regularly in the blog.
- Choose a proper template for your Blog. You don't expect people to like it if you have a cooking theme in a Technology blog.
- Write a topic and post it in different sections and thereby create a series. This increases the curiosity of the web visitors who turn to the blog for the interesting follow-ups.
- Optimize your blog to make it load Faster so that new visitor don't get annoyed to sit idle while your blog page loads.
- Try to blog out breaking news first. It increases the popularity and creates an authentic image in the web community.
- Use right keywords in the body content. The placement of the keywords in accurate density proves to be search engine friendly.
- It is very important to encourage comments of web visitors in your blog. Highlight the most relevant comments on the blog. Try to build a cordial relation with the web visitors so that they visit your blog over and over again.
- Submit your blog in blog directories and the RSS feed in RSS directories respectively.
- It will be fruitful if you use the Ping-O-Matic service. Enter your blog name and its URL and select the directories according to choice. Any updates in your blog are automatically updated in the directories. The web visitors in these directories will able to access your contents.
- While designing your blog it necessary to make an email subscription button and form. This proves to be very user friendly.
- Try to comment on other blogs. This will introduce your blog in the blogger community.
- List your favorite blogs in the blog rolls. You must also try to list your blog in other blogs.
- It is highly important to add your blog’s URL to your email signature and any profiles other social networking sites. This will also introduce your blog in the web community.
- It is essential to use Digg, Stumble and other social bookmarking sites for your blog. Once you send a post in the aggregators, it will reach millions in no time.
- Write on related topics. Post related Articles in a row. This helps in stirring up the interest of the web visitors.
- Show the topmost posts in the your blog which received great popularity. This will bear evidence of your blog’s authenticity and significance.
- It is mandatory to add “previous” and “next” post buttons. This helps the user to quickly and easily navigate through the Blog.
- Try to build up inbound links in your blog. This will help the web visitors to access other important pages in your blog and thus enhance traffic flow.
- Rework on the previous Old posts. Try to check out every detail in your post and make it exciting.
- Track your Visitors. See where they Come From, Searching for What. When they leave. etc.
- Use photos in your post.
- Make a Translation Widget In your Blog to help foreign visitors read what you have written.
- Utilize your Online time when Not Blogging.Find Important Things to Do when Not Blogging.
Other Very Useful Resources :
- How to Write Great Blog Content by Darren Rowse
- SEO for WordPress – The Complete Guide by Yoast
- Top 10 Blogger Hacks and Tips by makeuseof
Must Read Book :
31 Days to Build a Better Blog by Darren Rowse
Reason: content update
@Amitav, Great suggestion about digg. Can make all of us rock on digg and other arena...Everyone please share your thought on specific mechanics. How should we go forward on this brilliant idea...
@ Sriharsha - Digg is a website made for people to discover and share content from anywhere on the Internet, by submitting links and stories, and voting and commenting on submitted links and stories. Voting stories up and down is the site's cornerstone function, respectively called digging and burying. Many stories get submitted every day, but only the most Dugg stories appear on the front page. link : www.Digg.com
Nice tips there. New bloggers would get feast of information in this post. Keep this going.
@ Naveen & Suneel - Thanks !!
PS: [:p] No one's a Noob, Its just the matter of knowing and not knowing...
Debajyoti - Realtrix
That was really a great post..."THE to-do list", I would say for any blogger to make head way.As a newbee thanks for all that info...
@ Debajyoti - true, the term noob cannot last long for anyone!
@ Renie - we need some emoticons....
that was cool.It would be very useful for the beginners.I want to do a guest post on your blog , das.I prefer to write an article regarding optimizing a blog via SEO.I always like to guest post only a unique article.so dont worry about duplicates.if you feel like allowing me pls let me know via mail:
Nice pointers. How do I submit my blog in blog directories and the RSS feed in RSS directories? Can you please elaborate this point a bit further for the benefit of my understanding?? Meanwhile, do drop by at : http://anorak75.wordpress.com/
Few others that you might have missed out:
It is also important to ensure you have a site counter, international visitors counter (sorted by country & city preferably). Helps attract international bloggers. I suggest neocounters.com
Read other blogs often.Know the difference between national and international blogging tastes. If you learn that pattern it will help you write accordingly and will make your blog mass appealing.
Although blog directories and bookmarking sites help, try real time blog roll sites like alphainventions.com & condron.us. They drive amazing traffic to your site.
Subscribe to other blogs similar to your concept. This will help gain visibility in the blogger circles.
Do not forget to tag your blog before you submit it to blog directories & blog bookmarking sites.
Track the visit pattern on your blog by adding a hidden tracker. will help you monitor your site better. eg histats.com
Few other tips for blogging newbies
Start a controversy. Just remember not to cross the line.
Start a contest. Make sure to end it too.
Give away free goodies. People love them.
Write about other bloggers to interest their visitors to read your blog. Keep it positive.
Dress up your blog often (By dress-up I mean tweaking the design)
Write about your personal life sometimes (people love to read it)
Ask questions to your visitors (generate interactivity.. thats the key)
Celebrate your blog’s birthday too. Think of innovative ways for doing this.
Write something funny or disgusting. (Don’t make it a habit)
Introduce a commission based affiliate program.
Post interesting pictures of your pets.
Congratulate the top commentators occasionally.
Encourage sharing of opinions.
Create polls (pref controversial topics)
Make contact with your local visitors and hold a get-together or a bloggers’ meet.
Start a blog comic strip.
Dig up some old article that you wrote on your blog which became famous and start a discussion.
Try and get a photograph clicked with a real celebrity and post it on your blog. (Hold on Tiger..don’t rush to that Photoshop button!)
Post videos that will help your visitors learn something new. Also submit them to video sharing websites like YouTube.com.
Write about your hobbies and interests. (For example, if you like cooking, post a new recipe)
Brand your blog with a catch phrase along with a logo.
Podcasting is another good way to make your blog popular.
Publicize your blog to your friends and relatives and let them do some work for you.
Be active in Social Bookmarking websites.
Share Links with other bloggers and you will get it back.
Write about something that’s already famous.
Last but not the least, be yourself.
Check it up-- >
How do I submit my blog in blog directories and the RSS feed in RSS directories?
Promoting a Blog through Blog Directories & RSS feed submission Sites is the best way to gain exposure for your Blog.
Happy Blogging !
Some More SEO Tips
1. Add content
Add content, add content, and add content. Before you even register your domain, you should have enough ideas to build 100 pages on your site. Start brainstorming and see what you can come up with in 10 minutes. If that's not enough to fill 50 pages, consider not building the site at all. Having lots of content is important.
2. A simple design is better
3. Keep the pages small
Smaller is better. Keep it under 15k if you can. Your site should be fast loading, or people will leave. Speed is everything. Next to content, that is. Keep it under 10k or 5k if you can. Difficult, but people love fast sites. Throw away all the trash on your pages.
4. Content length
Put a new page online every day of about 200 to 500 words. Go to the overture keyword suggester to find ideas of what to write about. Spell checks your content. Search engines can do it, and so should you. If you have a blog, go for article-like posts as opposed to the personal diary kinds of posts.
5. Use keywords
Use your keywords in the following places: title, description tag, heading, url, once bold, once italic and once high on the page.
6. Link to other sites
Put 2 links to other, high ranking pages on your site. They should be relevant to the content of that page and use keywords as your link. Don't add every link that's requested. Check their relevance first.
7. Link to your own site
Put links from one page to other relevant pages on your own site. Again: use keywords as your link.
8. Submit your site
Submit your site to Google, AltaVista, Yahoo, Msn, Hotbot, etc. Then forget about that for 6 months. Also submit it to every single directory you can find. Do a check after 6 months and resubmit if you're not listed.
To add your site to Google
To add your site to Yahoo
To add your site to MSN
9. Log and track
Most hosts provide these. Don't use a lame graphic counter. Check where your visitors are coming from to find out what traffic methods work best for your site.
10. Write for people
People are not coming to your site for your content. They are coming for their content. Try to write as if you are writing to one specific person, such as a friend of yours who's interested in the same topic. Don't try to write for 'all of your visitors'.
11. Stay ahead
If you know that something big will come out in a few months, build a page about it now. It gives search engines time to index that page so they can feed it to the growing anticipating crowd.
12. Add more content
This is so important: keep adding content. Do this for a year and your site will be a top ranking website within one year. You could've been there now, if you started last year. So start now, so you'll be there next year. You'll thank yourself (and me) later.
@ Arshad , Khushi , Yackub - Your Welcome Friends... Thanks for Your Comments .