Improving the Voting procedure on Indivine

C. Suresh
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

There is no gainsaying the fact that there needs to be some procedure to find good posts among the sea of posts in Blogosphere. It is impossible for the organisers of any blogging platform to actually read all the posts that come in every day and categorize them, leave alone the endless acrimony that such necessarily subjective categorization can cause.

Voting for posts by bloggers does appear to offer an option of categorization of posts, at least on the basis of popularity. This option, however, has been thoroughly vitiated by the fact that it is possible to vote for a post without even waiting for the blog to open and has put in place a system of I-scratch-your-back-you-scratch-mine as far as voting is concerned. Personally, for me as a blogger, it has also made it impossible to find how many actually trouble to read my blog without exhaustive analysis of stats.

To be fair to Indiblogger, the system here is better than in other platforms where it is not even necessary to open the post before voting for it. I think, maybe, if Indi also introduced a time-lag between clicking 'View to Promote' and clicking 'Promote this post', it could help in reducing mindless promotions. I know that such a time-lag may well be too long for say Photo-blogs or Haiku but, hey, it may reduce your bounce rates and, who knows, the reader may use that time to comment :)

I had earlier given an alternative suggestion - to put up all posts of contest winners in a separate tab (in addition to Latest, Popular etc.) for a certain period, which could well act as an additional incentive for competing.

Would love to hear any suggestions in this regard. 

First 1-20
21-21
Replies 21 to 21 of 21 Descending

from
54 years ago

First 1-20
21-21
LockSign in to reply to this thread