An opportunity for every Indian blogger to get published!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

IndiBloggers!

On August 15 2012, on our independence day and IndiBlogger’s 5th anniversary, comes an opportunity for every Indian blogger to get published! Smile

IndiBlogger.in in association with HarperCollins will give you insight and a whole new perspective of the world of publishing. Submit your own stories, learn from the authors, talk to the editors, join a social community of book lovers and see your work in print.

Do help us spread the word, and get Yash Lal's book to start your first review:

http://www.indiblogger.in/getpublished/

Keep blogging!

Replies 41 to 60 of 197 Descending

The name "Harper Collins" reminds me of the days where I went to its bookstall to get my Engineering books Smile...

And now I am going to try this opportunity .Can anyone tell is there a last date? Read from the website that it runs for about 6 months ..but when is the last date? And should we update the concerned persons everytime we update? A little detail of how it works would help 

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago
Hi. TF. love story is never real. It is imaginary. It happens in a dream world. If you want a real love story, add impurities to the fictional one. Like in fictional story Raj only see simran as a beautiful sweet girl. In real story, Raj must see Simran as a girl who is possessive, who gossip all the time, who often quarrels with him.... Etc. Do this and you write a real life love story.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Well, Jayan. I don't why we have to take a movie story and make it feel real when we can take a boring real life story and make it look magical.

Prasoon Khare
Prasoon Khare
from Bangalore
11 years ago

What if love story is incomplete? What if even after going through every thing, our hero/heroine couldn't get his/her love? 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Yes. Is lover failure included? Also is it ok to interweave love stories of 2-3 friends?

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

There is line in the book Anna Kaserina that says "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way". I think similarly happy love stories are all alike; only the failed love stories fail in their own ways, making them  fascinating  reads indeed.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hey all, You can take this discussion over to "Thinkin Caps" :-) http://www.indiblogger.in/getpublished/forum/discussions

The discussions on that is specific to the book and writing.

Thanks!

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

Thank you Indiblogger for giving this oppertunity.

Natasha Gayari
Natasha Gayari
from Bangalore
11 years ago

What does this mean: "All entries must have a link to http://www.indiblogger.in/getpublished/"Innocent Its on the "Important Notes" page. 

Sameer Kulkarni
Sameer Kulkarni
from Pune
11 years ago

Amazing initiative!

Why is it restricted to love stories?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Apparently, love sells! Undecided

The Nameless One
The Nameless One
from Mumbai
11 years ago

wait is it supposed to be real? I mean supposed to based on real incidents?

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Yes. Thats what real means I guess. Real and love are the catchwords.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Finally put up the inspiration post. Hope HC folks come back with links to post the full story.

Yashodhara Lal
Yashodhara Lal
from Delhi
11 years ago

Hi guys, 

Have posted this a few days ago, but I don't think it's really been found :) - so posting it in case you're interested! 

http://www.indiblogger.in/getpublished/forum/discussion/10/the-conversation-that-changed-my-life#Item_4

Yashodhara

Sanjit
Sanjit
from Bangalore
11 years ago

good

Chitra
Chitra
from Mumbai
11 years ago

how many stories can we submit? are multiple entries allowed?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Yes, multiple stories are allowed! Smile

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Yup, I too want to know on the last dates and criteria (s)...

getting busy with F1 thing in office and barely have time to blog and follow ...so a little instruction may help!

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I posted a synopsis of a real life love story on my blog but I didn't use real namesTongue out. Is that ok?Surprised Or should I use real names?Surprised Please let me know.

And, if our story does get seleceted how will we be informed?Foot in mouth

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

I don't think you have to use real names. Perhaps this thread is the best place for that question, where HC can respond directly. Smile

If your story gets selected, we'll email you. If you don't respond to that, we'll call you. If all fails, we'll send you owls.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

OWLSLaughingLaughing. Aah! Harry Potter momentKissEmbarassed.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

The last date for submitting the idea and final story is Feb 14th, 2013.

Idea -> Posted on your blog -> Link to your post to be submitted here.

Final story -> Not publicly shared -> We will give you a private link (as soon as it's ready) where you can submit your final story to us.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Will love to wait for the owls... who knows, maybe the walls of my house will transform into the walls of Hogwarts!

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Arvind Ji, if thats going to happen please keep an hogwarts letter ready for meCoolLaughing.

Barnali Biswas
Barnali Biswas
from Pune
11 years ago

This is a great chance for all bloggers who want to get their work published but dont get any launchpad. Good Work!

C. Suresh
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

One month gone since the last activity on this thread! Has anyone received confirmation from H-C? Or is the confirmation also expected to be kept under wraps?

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Till now I couldn't understand the evolution (!!??) of 'real love' from old India to new India as HC is only looking for "Real Love in New India" Undecided

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I suddenly lost interest in this. I even forgot the post I wrote for this. 

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Let's name it Fool's Syndrome, characterised by subject related specific amnesia followed by overclocking human mind with creative writing Wink

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

New site is up, the ideas are online and all participants will get an email tonight! Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/getpublished/

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Cool

LockSign in to reply to this thread