Arti would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.myyatradiary.com/ ] IndiRank: 77

Please Review my Travel blog :)

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Looking for honest reviews on my Travel blog.

Update 6th Jan, 2013: Changed the look of my blog with a new header and all, please do take some time and tell me about it! Smile

Feel free to write your suggestions, feedback or anything else that you can think of to make it better.

http://www.myyatradiary.com/

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Update
Replies 41 to 60 of 105
Viraj
Viraj
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Simple, Crisp and Enjoyable! super work....U just got a new follower ;)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks for liking it VirajSmile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
:-)
Achyuth Sankar
Achyuth Sankar
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Arti,your blog's awesome,period.The theme looks well fitting,your writing's awesome enough to bring me along into your world of travel.The gadgets on the right side are just right,might I add,and the name itself is cool(most people would write travel instead of yatra,see :P)

Keep writing :D

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks Achyuth for those kind wordsSmile

Yesu Jeya Bensh
Yesu Jeya Bensh
from Chennai
13 years ago

Nice blog.. 

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thank You.

Vyshnavi
Vyshnavi
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Bravo Arti...  Ur template is gud.. Impressed !  Wat i feel is U 'l explore a lot !!! Keeep Going n keep updating about INDIa.. I loved it !!   Njyed !

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks for liking the template Vyshnavi:)

Agnija Bharathi
Agnija Bharathi
from New Jersey
13 years ago

A lovely blog, Arti. I think I will stop by next time I have to travel somewhere, just to see if you have already got a post on it.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Definitely, you are most welcome:-)
rahul
rahul
from bangalore
13 years ago

nice blog...good information and pictures

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks.

subhrashis
subhrashis
from delhi
13 years ago

Nice blog...very informative...i like to travel a lot, so will keep track of your posts... :)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
It will surely help you with your travels!
Arwindh
Arwindh
from Chennai
13 years ago

Good Start... Can add further more information on how to reach the site etc. Will be useful for people wanting to go there.. Wish you good luck!!

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
I already add those details...
Parwathi. S. Hegde
Parwathi. S. Hegde
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hey.. this is really a wonderful blog. .. how do u find time to travel to so many places...Laughing

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks Parwathi, We invariably find time for something we love, isnt itSmile

Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I'm new to blogging, but I have a few suggestions. Forgive me if I'm wrong

• Try reducing the length of the sidebar so that you'll have more space for your content and also it would optimise the 'Boxes' for widgets.
  • Try introducing Breakpoints to your Posts, only a couple of pics and their description should appear on the Home page, rest should be accessed via 'Read More'
  • The Bottom of the blog looks a mess!
  • The Header looks Awesome!

Review mine too :D

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks a lot Vnesh for your honest review :)

1. I actually only recently increased the sidebar width because the Google ads were peeking out of the box and gave an untidy look to the entire template. Hence, to keep things neat, i guess, I have no other option but to keep  it that way Innocent
  2. Can you please tell me where can I get this 'Read more' widget?
  3. Have bettered it now, take a look...
  4. Thanks :)

Have reviewed yours too! Keep blogging and Thanks for reviewing :)

Aust
Aust
from Delhi
13 years ago

I will give a reference of your blog if my friends ask for the traveling package. You have mentioned your traveling journey in a very new sense which inspire us to go there.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks a lot Aust. Your words inspire me to keep writing :)

Hey Arti, that's a good travelogue indeed! Honestly, I had a feeling that I am travelling through the places not just reading. Awesome experience. As I have least idea about Gods, Godess and temples related with Hinduism, I felt that you could give a small intro on the concept of the particular 'God' to attract international readers. That's just my suggestion not necessarily applicable for every one.

Narrations, clicks.. everything simply perfect. It is a very clean and neat design too. Congrats, keep informing us about the knook and corner of India.

Good luck, May God bless you!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks Nishana, I will definitely consider your suggestions. Glad you liked my blog, Thanks for the motivational words :)

Hey forgot to mention, really awesome header. Just suitable for the blog! I feel that you can get rid of the footer bar and have the main things there in right side bar itself..:)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Nishana I also love the headerSmile

Yes, you are right about the footer, something needs to be done there. Thats a Nice suggestion to put the things in the sidebar itself, I will look into it soon...Thanks a lot :)

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago
Hey Arti , What can i tell about your blog . Your blog keeps me on travel ,even when i'm not travelling . I like our blog very much . Its just superb . keep travelling and writing .
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey Dhiraj,

Your review put a big smile on my face, Thank you so very much for the kind words :)

I noticed you havent put your blog up for review, so let me do it here itself...

I share the same feelings about your blog, You have an awesome blog covering places less explored, wonderful captures and crisp information about the place. I love visiting your blog coz I get to be a member of the 'Team' and travel places which i probably may never get to visit in person.

Keep travelling you too and keep blogging :)

Best wishes.

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks for the review ....

Rohit Verma
Rohit Verma
from Sharjah
12 years ago
Just read ur latest blog entry and so, I am fascinated by the pics. to be honest I have not been around India a lot as I dont live there but seeing the pics and reading what you've written so, the urge to explore India is defnitely on the up! GOOD JOB!
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks Rohit, You have a wonderful blog too! Keep writing :)

tan
tan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I've been reading your writings for some time.

Though there are not too many words in your writing, the pictures do the talking and each is worth a thousand words. Sticking to your theme of religious places makes it a very focussed blog, which I like.

I find your writing style simple and easy to read. Your blog layout is simple too. I would prefer a shorter header though, as now when the page loads, most of the screen is occupied by the header and I must scroll just after loading the page.

Thanks for sharing your writings with us all!

- tan  ...  Elusive 42   |   Sidekick

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks a lot tan for the review. I am glad you like my blog! Reducing the header size might take some time...but I will look into your suggestion. Thanks once again!

Sairam Rajamani
Sairam Rajamani
from Bangalore
12 years ago

liked your blog. 100 posts on your travels. great!

I don't know about your previous layout. So unable to comment on it

Couple of my suggestions are;

1)You should have a map at the home page (or as a separate page) which shows the places you have blogged about.

2) If you can compartmentalize the content into sections (like lonely planet) on the lines of how to get there, place to stay, what to see you can the first site people would reach for.

My blog is at

http://funny-side-of-life.blogspot.com/

It is just a couple of weeks old. But I have been blogging daily. See whether they are indeed funny. Thanks

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks Sairam :)

About your suggestions,

1) The map is a very good suggestion. Though I dont know how to go about it, I will look to incorporate that in my blog.

2) Yes, Actually I do write separate posts on these but they are all clubbed under the place to which they are related to. In the labels section if a person clicks on a particular destination say Jaipur, then all this info like 'how to get there, place to stay, what to see' is available to them.

You have a wonderful blog too, Keep writing and Thanks once again:)

Nivedita
Nivedita
from Chennai
12 years ago

I know you've heard these comments a million times:) but saying it again....Nice and informative blog, a very good mix of good and fantastic pictures.

I happened to read a few of your posts, just a suggestion/opinion...you may/may not really take it. I feel that you should mention the challenges (at least the major ones or the unavoidable ones) that you would have experienced while visiting these places- like a word of caution. Since it's like a guide it would really help, just a couple of lines may be. 

I am very new to blogging and I could use any help, feedback or support to make my blog really useful.  I really wanted thank you for voting for my post.  Please check it out and let me know your views- good, bad or ugly whatever it may be, please be honest, as I said I am new hence I need constructive feedback.

http://www.india-shopping-guide.com/blog/

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hello Nivedita,

Firstly, Thank you for the nice words and honest suggestions :)

I do  try to add my tips wherever and whenever I feel the need to that a traveller should keep in mind while travelling to the place.

Your blog is really unique nivedita, I have already told you before. Shopping tips/reviews are really very helpful esp for people like me who indulge in that often. I really found your blog very informative and impressive, and left back my honest review too. Keep blogging :)

Thanks once again :)

rahul
rahul
from bangalore
12 years ago

your blog look in very good and your trip pictures are amazing keep it up

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks a lot Rahul :)

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

Hi Arti,

Nice blog few suggestions just 2 cents from my side

try to switch to custom domain like .com there is a offer going on at godaddy you can get one only @1.5$/year

use a sharing widget for your blog so that if someone likes can share your post like share this which is good for blogger platform

try to watermark your images as there are so many copycats.e.g I have a domain uttarakhandrocks.com once I get time from my other stuff will start it as I am from uttarakhand anyone can use your clicks and name it as owner

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thaks Neeraj for your two cents :)

Custom domain is something that I am not yet ready to switch into. In future, may be!

I already use a sharing widget in my blog as you have mentioned.

Yes, you are very right! Watermarking is something that I have been very lazy and ignorant with, but I am going to sart with it very very soon. Thanks once again:)