And the Best Blogger Award goes to... (Chennai Blogger Meet - 5th Feb, 2012)

Shashi
Shashi
from Chennai
5 years ago

Dear All

We have had a great Chennai Blogger Meet on 5th Feb, 2012 at Presidency Club under the aegis of Indiblogger thru their initiative of "Organise A Meet". It was funfilled affair with Sylvan Patrick doing on the spot Quiz competition and Venkatram Vasi doing a stand up comedy act.

It was a pleasure to have the Indiblogger Team in full force with Renie, Karthick and Nandita.

The Blogger Meet was pleasurable with some interesting actionable out comes. 

1) It was felt there was a need to have regular meets like this... Hence the next meet is scheduled for 11th March, 2012

2) Setting up of Indibloggers for Social Cause - Chennai Chapter with the following in place.

- Basic concept is to select One Social Cause / Good Work / Concern from Chennai -Tamil Nadu, every month and take it to the internet cloud with the social media clout of Bloggers.

-Renie has agreed to provide a platform for the same at the Indiblogger Site with a separate Tab to co-ordinate the effort as well as take it to the national level once this is successful implemented for Chennai Chapter.

-Myself, along with Sahithya and Anish Thomas, volunteered to be morderator for the same.

3) It was decided to Vote for the Best Blogger and the results are in today, after two days of deliberations on Aesthtics, Content and Quality by the bloggers.

But first let me announce the other prizes that went out in that meeting...

A) Award for the Quiz - Vipul Grover

B) Award for Volunteering - Sahithya and Anish Thomas

and finally the Award for the Best Blogger goes to.... 

Laughing Sylvian Patrick Laughing

and the Runners Up are...

Laughing Jagan and Anish Thomas Laughing

LaughingCONGRATULATIONSLaughing

Indiblogger team has decided to make special badges to be displayed at their blog for this and the awards to the awardees will be presented in the next Chennai Blogger Meet on 11th March.

I personally thank all the people who registered, who attended and who interacted with me on this in various forums. We are all grateful for the wonderful support we have had from Renie, Karthick and Nandita and the Indiblogger team.

I look forward to meeting Chennai Bloggers in the next meet.

Cheers!!!

Shashi

ॐ नमः शिवाय 

Om Namah Shivaya

Replies 1 to 19 of 19 Descending
sahithya sridhar
sahithya sridhar
from Chennai
5 years ago

yes the blogger meet was indeed fun along with the discussions on the "Indibloggers for Social Cause - Chennai Chapter".

and i thought the blog list would be sent to everyone, so as to decide on the winner of the blog. i did not get thet.. :( 

amit ganguly
from pune
5 years ago

FInally good to see ' Indibloggers for a social cause'. Perhaps this is the single most favorable agenda which can inspire millions in our country.If an initiative is taken it will be great.

Shashi
from Chennai
5 years ago

Dear Amit

Its a great opportunity to take it forward, as Renie said "To pan India" and then  to inspire millions of people to do something to make a change... Anna Hazare did that you know... because of this Social Media power...

Chennai Bloggers are going to do it... and I am sure thousands of Indian Bloggers will follow suit...

And Sahithya is one of the Change agent here... Cheers!!!Shashi 

Sowmya Swaminathan
Sowmya Swaminathan
from Chennai
5 years ago

Looks like you guys had a great time. And congrats to the winners!:) Setting up "Bloggers for Social Cause" seems like a cool idea :)

BTW, sorry Shashiji, I registered but couldn't come, as I was sick. Hope I'll make it to the next Meet. Please do put up the details of this upcoming Meet!:) Thanks!:)

Shashi
Shashi
from Chennai
5 years ago

Dear Sahithya, sorry about that. I checked it out. Actually at the time of the registeration, you put your email with the name which I did not notice when I sent the email to every one by copying the email column in the excel sheet. My mistake... sorry about that.

sahithya sridhar
from Chennai
5 years ago

yaa.. its ok... if u could send me the list now it would be great!!.. :) so that i get to see the other blogs too...!!:) well it would be great if in the next meet ppl just give the method of moving the blogs from blogspot to wordpress... if possible... it would be really helpful.. :)

Shashi
Shashi
from Chennai
5 years ago

Dear Sowmya, we will catch up next time.... and please call me shashi. Every one does...Laughing

Shashi
Shashi
from Chennai
5 years ago

Dear Animesh... As Renie Ravin said that the "Indiblogger for Social Cause - Chennai Chapter" is going to be the pilot project to be replicated in all the cities as and when its up and running here... So the day is not far off for Pune too... Smile

Sylvian Patrick
Sylvian Patrick
from Chennai
5 years ago

Just reading this now... And thanks for everyone who voted for me :) Loved the meeting and the interactions. It would have been great if every one registered had joined the meet. I know a few who wanted to come but could not because it said the registrations are over. I sincerely request to all the bloggers, if you register for a meet, please do attend the meeting. It's an opportunity to meet all the bloggers, discuss and someone is taking pains to organise because of their interest. A deregistration would have helped other bloggers to join.

Hats off to Sashi for arranging such an event and we are looking forward to meet every month. And I will make sure I will be there every time, as long as I am in Chennai. Sorry Sashi, I had to say this and will post the same in events page.

Sylvian Patrick
Sylvian Patrick
from Chennai
5 years ago

And we are planning to have this "best blogger of the month" as an incentive for the people who turn up for the event.

Shashi
Shashi
from Chennai
5 years ago

Congratulations Patrick... 

I agree with you about the people registering and then not reaching, but then most of them have been decent enough to let us know that they are not in position to make it to the meeting due to various reasons... in any case its all about one's passion to share ideas, mingle with like minded people and be part of the great blogging community...

Thanks for words of appreciation, actually the credit goes to the people who made it to the meeting and specially Indiblogger team. Renie Ravin, Nandita and Karthick, who took out time to be with us, even though there was a trouble with server of Indiblogger. Thanks Karthick being with us and guiding about the prizes, ideas and your whole hearted support through out the meet.

Shashi
Shashi
from Chennai
5 years ago

Yes, Patrick, we are going to have the Best Blogger Of The Month, in the next meet too... 

Shashi
Shashi
from Chennai
5 years ago

PS: I am sorry that it turned out to be a dry day on 5th Feb, so could not serve the cold chilled drinks in the end. Frown

Ganesh Puttu
Ganesh Puttu
from Chennai
5 years ago

Congrats Sylvian.....and thanks for the suggestions on my technical queries...i took your advice and moved my blog to open source platform Wordpress....looking forward to learning more such gyan  from enthusiastic fellow bloggers at subsequent meets....thanks for the whole thing Sashi...you have set the ball rolling and now its upto everyone of us to keep it in play. (p.s. hold that thought of that drink...summer's coming up......time for chilled you-know-what...)

Shashi
Shashi
from Chennai
5 years ago

Hi ganesh ... thanks for your words... yes now its for every one to keep the ball rolling.. though I am still there organising the 11th March Chennai Bloggers Meet... Ofcourse that "You know what" Chilled drink is online this time ... as long as the weather is favorable... religious, political or natural.... Laughing

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
5 years ago
I am in for the Mumbai chapter if its going to happen. Btw, congratulations to all winners and to everyone present there. It sounds so exciting just reading am sure u all enjoyed it much more
Shashi
Shashi
from Chennai
5 years ago

Oh yes, we did enjoy it a lot. Thakns Indianomics. Wish you all the best for Mumbai Chapter. Cheers!!!

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
5 years ago

Congrats to Sylvian and Chennai chapter of Indiblogger :)  Great going guysSmile

Shashi
Shashi
from Chennai
5 years ago

Thanks Umesh for your words... and we do look forward to friends and bloggers from Chennai... for our meet on 11th March.

Shashi
Shashi
from Chennai
5 years ago

As decided in our last very interesting Chennai blogger meeting, we are having the 2nd Chennai Blogger Meet on 11th March, 2012 at the same venue from 1 PM to 5PM. I have just uploaded the details and waiting for Indiblogger approval. Once it's up you will be able to register. 

Look forward to see you all there again.

Cheers!!!

ॐ नमः शिवाय 

sahithya sridhar
sahithya sridhar
from Chennai
5 years ago

heya friends... y not have next chennai indiblogger meet?????

Shashi
Shashi
from Chennai
5 years ago

Thanks Sahithya... First of all I am sorry that I have been not being prompt in answering your messages as I have been busy. But you know, after organising 3 meets for Indiblogger for Social Action (IBSA), I have realised that I do need some support here. I can do with a little help in organising and co-ordiating effort from enthusiasitic bloggers. Bloggers like you and the above mentioned friends in this thread along with some good people like Aparna (http://www.indiblogger.in/blogger/40571/)  who came forward to support as another co-ordinator, now has to come forward and take some of the load I have in terms of organsing these kind of meetings... I will have the necessary support in terms of organising, ideas and thoughts to take it forward but I am lacking in time to put them into action. Hence need some blogger friends who can and are willing to spend some time organising, co-ordinating and working all the nitty giritty of making this IBSA a vibrant community. So once again I am requesting all through this forum to come forward and help each other to create a powerful and vibrant group to make this IBSA Chennai Chapter a very vibrant and happenning group. I know it has potential and we can all together make it happen. I am still committed to do all the necessary funding, management as well as ideological effort along with all of you guys...Please spread the news to all who you think will contribute in terms of time and efforts and probably we will have another meeting in the begining of next month... and freeze the concept and take it forward. Renee Ravin has already agreed to help us take it forward...________ॐ नमः शिवायOm Namah Shivaya

LockSign in to reply to this thread