New Happy Hours : Your Ideal Yatra

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
1 year ago

Finally, months after the last rain drops of Happy Hours fell down on our parched and barren inboxes devoid of IndiCoupons, here we again have a new happy hour. This time it's yatra.com, and it has come up with a tricky situation. They need us to have blogs with custom domain names to be eligible for participating in the Happy Hours. But the award is awesome. 500 vouchers worth Rs. 1500 each.

https://www.indiblogger.in/happyhours/your-ideal-yatra-2016

Edited 1 year ago
Reason: Topic Name
Replies 1 to 20 of 208 Descending
Snazzyawi
Snazzyawi
from Mumbai
1 year ago

It doesn't make any sense to have custom domain for such a requirement. I have non-custom domain blog with better alexa rank & page views as compared to lots of custom domain blogs. Don't know why we accept such terms & condition from brands. I can see that there will be hardly 100 -200 entries from custom domain blogs. Hoping this req will be void in coming few days.

CyberKID
from India
1 year ago

Maybe (like it was for me), this gives us a chance (motivation) to move up to a custom domain, for a blog that we've been working on for a long long time, does deserve this much.

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
1 year ago

And I have finally given my personal blog too, a custom domain. Tongue out Money mouth

What is custom domain. Like paid domain or what. I have wordpress and blogspot blog with Google pr2 rank. Is it allowed.
This yatra is not for me." Gail bhains paani me"
CyberKID
from India
1 year ago

Yes, a top level domain name that "ideally" you pay those greedy domain hosts for.

Amitesh Gupta
from Patna
1 year ago

Hey Rio! You should not say talk about the buffalo thing...Remember the "Swacch Bharat" campaignSmile

Janak Kumar Yadav
from Kolkata
1 year ago

Hahaha.. rio.. kya khoob kaha hai.. Gail bhains paani mein... Laughing  Hasao mat yaar!!

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
1 year ago

But I have a small question. What does this mean?

• Please ensure that the anchor text is hyper-linked to its associated URL. The URL must not be visible in the content of your post.

Does this mean that we have to include hidden hyperlinks, or do we have to embed those buttons/hyperlinks separately so that it doesn't mix with the rest of the blogpost?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
1 year ago

Here's an example:

Wrong
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do http://www.yatra.com/airlines/ eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Correct
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, Airlines sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Rajesh D. Hajare
from Amgaon
1 year ago

I have linked Jet Airways and Air India Airlines in my blog post. and in the bottom line of my blog post I have noted about the blog post for Your Ideal Yatra initiative linking to yatra.com. I posted within 36. Please have a look at my post http://www.rdhsir.com/my-scheduled-ideal-yatra-to-kota-and-ajm.xhtml and inform me that how much chances of moderation are there. Thank

Sumit Nangia
Sumit Nangia
from Pune
1 year ago

Is happy hour ki Hamari yatra yahin samapt hoti hai. ( No Custom Domain ) CryCry

Hum log ek hi naav pe sawaar hain bandhu. Let's put our voices.
Sumit Nangia
from Pune
1 year ago

Ye nainsaifi hai mylord. Happy hours ki is aandhi mein Garib blogspot and wordpress wale bloggers kahan jayenge, kon dega iska jawab ? Bataiye Mylord, bataiye Cry

Jiska koi nahi uskaa to khudaa hai yaaro...,,,
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
1 year ago

Yes, I too believe TLD is not a good eligibility criterion as there're many veteran bloggers out here with smoothly running blogs, still using .blogspot or wordpress. But, then sponsors too have right to set their own rules...

Regarding vouchers, are these yatra vouchers or flipkart ones? Former category is of no use to me, while the later one fetches me good shampoos and bathing soaps [Grin]

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
1 year ago

These are Amazon.in vouchers!

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
1 year ago

That's even better Renie... but wait, although you're not an Amazon explorer, do you have any idea whether amazon vouchers can be clubbed like FK vouchers? [Smile of expectancy]

CyberKID
from India
1 year ago

Yes. Amazon Vouchers can be added to a wallet from where you can spend at will.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
1 year ago

And that wallet money... can that be used on any vendor? Or is there any restriction like FK?

Seeing you after a long time bro.
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
1 year ago

Yes Bhaijaan [Huggsss]

Hope all is well?

Yo, All izz well. Rocking well.
Sumit Nangia
from Pune
1 year ago

Cool Renie. Finally rants of bloggers are heard. Transition from Flipkart to Amazon.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
1 year ago

As far as I know, once you've added the voucher to your account, you can use your gift card balance for any transaction on Amazon Smile

Kiren
Kiren
from Mumbai
1 year ago

:(

HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
from KOLKATA
1 year ago

Renie my bog is www.haimantiduttaray.blogspot.com.  Will I be eligible for the Yatra HH? Pl reply. I have another one. www.loveconquersallbarriers.blogspot.com. For which one should I write the blog post? 

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
1 year ago

Neither. ur not eligible

HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
from KOLKATA
1 year ago

Why Karthik Murali? What is a custom domain? I am sorry. But just couldn't fathom.

HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
from KOLKATA
1 year ago

Renie pl help. The domain name for the first blog of mine is MY CREATIVE JUICES and for the second one, it is GETTING PERSONAL. Are these what are called 'custom domains'?

TechChumz
from Bangalore
1 year ago

Custom domain is a name you buy for some money. Your blog name will be what you want it, for example haimantiduttaray.com. There will not be the words blogspot or wordpress in the name. Example of custom domain, my favorite blog, www.becomingminimalist.com

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
1 year ago

Karthik and TechChumz are right, unfortunately, these blogs aren't eligible, sorry!

Rajesh D. Hajare
from Amgaon
1 year ago

I had a blog abcd.mwb.im with subdomain of (mywapblog). my blog had a subdomain but that was neither wordpress nor blogspot; am I eligible if I would have posted from abcd.mwb.im?

I have another blog rdhsir.mwb.im. This blog post also have a subdomain, but I have bought my custom domain rdhsir.com from Godaddy and parked to rdhsir.mwb.im. Now my blog url is rdhsir.com? from which blog I should post my blog post?

Pragati Bidkar
Pragati Bidkar
from Pune
1 year ago

WOW! And Ouch!!! Am gonna be out at 1 PM on Saturday Frown

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
1 year ago

I really appreciate that it is for people having custom URLs. This will make it easier for us to submit the post without taking the entire site down.

I have a question, though.

"Your entry must include a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 2 linked anchor texts, as described below.

Please ensure that the anchor text is hyper-linked to its associated URL."

Uhm. :\ Help? So they are going to give us any particular anchor text or what?

Jay Neog
from Golaghat
1 year ago

They are in the Explore buttons. 

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
1 year ago

Bloggers who run AdSense, interact with brands and have decent reader base (and now- earning from publishing press releases) shouldn't be the ones objecting the TLD rule.

You're running a website for a long term and a domain name doesn't really cost that much. In a way, it pays for itself because it portrays your site as a brand. I've seen managers making fun of tech and fashion bloggers who have '.blogspot.com' and '.wordpress.com' sites. PRs and marketing get marked down when brands see coverage by such websites. They spend money on events, sending samples, even paying for press releases and attending events for coverage (oh yes. some bloggers do ask- Rs. 3,000 to as high as Rs. 15,000 especially fashion blogs) and giving freebies/ running contests. Some people who earn such money don't bother to make their site look presentable or have a TLD. How hard can it be just to spend a fraction of an amount for a TLD per year??? It was just a matter of time such rule will come out. They do it for their brands, quality coverage, report making, etc. and you do it for bringing content to your reader base. For those who are running such websites with a long term goal should encourage themselves to their have TLD. That's the first step in b*****ng your site. Remember, we're not talking about the quality of content. But you have to remember- we call it a contest but in reality its an exchange. In exchange for a chance to win something, you get something holding a certain value to you. 

Instead of objecting to the TLD rule, people should demand that everyone who submits this content with the necessary TLD rule should get an item of a certain value. A brand is expecting something- fair enough. But there should be a guaranteed incentive for participating even if it's a trinket like a BT 4.1 headset or a particular 16GB flash drive with USB 3.1 type C connector for iOS and Android (well, I know one but that's only for iOS, but I hope one understands what I am saying) as an exchange. Handshake requires two hands.  But understand that you as a publisher should hold a certain ethic. I hope it doesn't go to a point where an idiot goes ga-ga on brands that are known to do questionable and illegal deeds.  Or else we're not different from the 'paid media' we often tease.

Oh wait. It is not a contest. All qualified posts get an incentive. 

TechChumz
from Bangalore
1 year ago

So the point is that to benefit a business more, we ought to have domain names. My point is only that these things be stated explicitly for clarity rather than us having to see sudden steps in that direction and assume stuff. It will be easier for us to ensure we are aware of why these things are happening and to support them by taking such steps. Unless there is more clarity, the extent to which we need to change and the elements we need to incorporate may not be very clear to us non-commercial bloggers. I would be willing to make extra efforts to move with the business were I to know what, how and why.

In this Happy Hour, for instance, it would add clarity if IB were to add a sentence as to why domain names are needed.

TS, your point may be correct to a certain extent for those bloggers selling goods or services. Bloggers who are just writing their creative self for writing sake and are not using ad sense etc or earning any revenue from blog are least bothered for revenue earnings. If a sponsor just wants to buy things for its business he can look for them in right places. This indiblogger is a congregation of multifarious bloggers and just cutting them down as ineligible at one single go is simply preposterous. These bloggers may have been with indiblogger from five to six years back even.
TechChumz
from Bangalore
1 year ago

I think, being so comfortable with IB, way ahead of it's league compared to any other blogger's group, it is essential for us to be honest to IB about how we feel all of a sudden, and seek clarity on where we are as contributors to IB. The biggest factor that motivates me to speak out here is that I do not want to feel a freeloader at the IB meets and online events. I would rather leave than be someone who is not contributing to IB, but is just going to enjoy all these thoughtful and superlative facilities for free. It would be so embarassing... That's the biggest reason I seek clarity, that's almost the only place I'm coming from. 

I think since they don't need blogspot bloggers contributions, [yatra people] and Paid domain users too should get paid for their privileged role in blogging as they have a paid domain. Whatever the reason or reasons. I am damn happy with my musings on blogspot as it is. No point in writing for contests as they want just paid domains only. We should be happy in our little world.
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
1 year ago

yaar rio. think of it this way. If you open a store, do you keep the store's name as "shop no 6" or "gala no 6" or do you keep a name for it? No matter how good quality product you have inside, people will wonder how hard can it be to name your store. Or you buy a flat and the apartment's name is "plot no 666"? Personalisation. Long term bloggers should do it. Do it for yourself. Yatra is not the one who is going to own your website name. Think of it as the same way. Besides, Yatra is not forcing people to participate. If people don't like it, simply don't participate. They have their criteria and simply a point is put up. Or would people prefer if companies don't mention this but give first priority to those with their own domain names??? 

All bloggers who participate in such events are promoting a brand.  Hence it is a commercial entity in a way. Only reason they call it a contest because few of them win. They look at such bloggers as a publisher, and they are a publisher. Its just as simple. 

Mridul Pareek
from Gandhinagar
1 year ago

Why are people calling it a contest? The very first point I see on the Happy Hours Page is "Happy Hours are not contests." but just campaigns.

God knows why, Mridul. Call a bufdalo by any name, it will remain a buffalo.

You made a good point here Smile

Tes AP
Tes AP
from Pune
1 year ago

I have custom domain, but I also believe that most blogs with free domain names are highly influential as well. Wouldn't it be nice to have more stories published by everyone to help spreading this campaign?

Yatra doesn't deserve it. Now Event if they say blogspot blogs are allowed to post, I am certainly out of the picture. No more contests whatsoever.

I have two custom domain with me. But, I am not too much creative. Anyway, How many blog a blogger can submit? #Greed 

Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
1 year ago

What are Linked Anchor Text? Can anyone please explain how it is done?

Thank you!

Mridul Pareek
from Gandhinagar
1 year ago

They have already provided the links to be used in 3 categories.

Mridul Pareek
Mridul Pareek
from Gandhinagar
1 year ago

Finallyyyyy! A Happy Hour after so long and that too about Travel! I'm gonna rock it baby :P

Ps. I have a TDL - www.urbanrabbit.in

Rajesh D. Hajare
from Amgaon
1 year ago

I understood that TDL means a custom domain. But what is the full form of TDL?

Mridul Pareek
Mridul Pareek
from Gandhinagar
1 year ago

Anchor Text is the visible, clickable text in a hyperlink. In modern browsers, it is often blue and underlined, such as this link to my blog's homepage.You can learn more about Anchor Text here: https://moz.com/learn/seo/anchor-text (which you should not do, as stated in point 3 of submission requirement)

Saru Singhal
from Toronto
1 year ago

In simple words - 1 or 2 texts, link them to yatra.com, and it should not be highlighted. Right?

And thanks, Mridul!

Rajesh D. Hajare
from Amgaon
1 year ago

I have mentioned 2 anchor texts Jet Airways and Air India Airlines from given anchor texts. but I did not write tags. I just copied url from the tag and hyperlinked to my anchor texts as my website editor does not support tags from PC. It is clearly mention that only 2 anchor texts are eligible. I have added mentioned 2 anchor texts. but in the same post, in bottom I have mentioned about blog post written for Your Ideal Yatra topic by Yatra. to the word Yatra I have again hyperlinked www.yatra.com as an third anchor text. is my post eligible? Plz check my blog post

My Scheduled IDEAL YATRA to Kota and Ajmer in June.

Amitesh Gupta
Amitesh Gupta
from Patna
1 year ago

Holy shit! This custom domain stuff should not be there...FrownFrown

This Yatra is not for me too!

Shoma Abhyankar
Shoma Abhyankar
from Pune
1 year ago

Which two links are to be provided? One I assume is  for Yatra.com . But what is the second one?

Mridul Pareek
from Gandhinagar
1 year ago

I think any two links from the three options given : Domestic, International flights or flight routes. They have given the HTML code for hyperlinks.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
1 year ago

Mridul is right, you can pick any two links! Smile

Chandresh Jain
Chandresh Jain
from Delhi
1 year ago

Ispar tho High Court sa stay aana chahiya Foot in mouth ...Sirf  Custom domain wale !!! Bahut Na Insaafi ha , Sardar khush nahi hua 

Yatra sthagit kar do bandhu.
Hetal Shah
Hetal Shah
from Ahmedabad
1 year ago

Can anyone explain, Which link/links to include in the post with what Anchor Text? I can't locate details in requirements they shared. TIA. 

Mridul Pareek
from Gandhinagar
1 year ago

The links given in those blue buttons below the description i.e., Domestic, International Flights & Flight Routes.

LockSign in to reply to this thread