Vlogging Contest: The power of constructive parenting

Tangerine
Tangerine
from Assam
8 years ago

Vlog an interactive experience with your kids to win Flipkart Vouchers and Lego sets

Details: https://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=173

Replies 21 to 40 of 107 Descending
Shalini Digvijay
Shalini Digvijay
from Mumbai
8 years ago
Is this still on...deadline seems to be over but submit button is there...
Antarik Anwesan
from New Delhi
8 years ago

I noticed the total entries go up from 49 to 50 after the countdown had ended on the Indistatus page.

And they still haven't taken down the submit button. Guess, Colgate wants more than 50 entries. 116 prizes up for grabs..lol Laughing

Deepika
Deepika
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Its mentioned that 100 Best Stories Will win lego set. So, they may expect 100 entries :P  Wish the dead line to be extended.... 

Poonam
Poonam
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Went through all the entries (including mine, for a refresher), and I must say, the attempts are overwhelming. 

Visiting the market to procure all three packs without fail - because my daughter would NOT let me rest without ALL THREE in her hand, it sure did remind me of the craft supplies, which we would hunt for, to complete each assignment of sorts when my daughter was a kid. 

Thanks to Team IB and Colgate for letting us mother-daughter visit the memory lane once again! Smile 

Having said that, unlike Close-Up's Cupid Vlog HH which had some erroneous submissions coming through, I hope that the jury from Colgate will stick to their guns and examine the blog entries for the guidelines being met, especially the time limit and the embedding of the complete Playlist. 

I wish the best to each participant and would like to also say that it was heartening to see the efforts shine through. Smile

michelle furtado
michelle furtado
from mumbai
8 years ago

I loved this contest..Infact I always give my best to all the indiblogger contests..as an all time consistent contest looser i still have hopes for this one! all the best to everyone who participated atleast i know i have a lego set to play with at the end of it:) may the best win :) GOD BLESS all kids who helped us through the post!

Antarik Anwesan
Antarik Anwesan
from New Delhi
8 years ago
In the absence of a less than 20 yr old 'kid' at home, we invited our maid's young daughter to come and play. She had a magical time making up stories. Looking forward to the results now :)
Poonam
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Everyone is a 'kid' at heart and we must never lose touch with that 'kid'. :)

sapna bansal
sapna bansal
from ghaziabad
8 years ago

True..number of entries are going up..

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
8 years ago

i've removed my entry...so it'll go down again...dont want to be part of this anymore.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

ND #KayKuOut Innocent

sapna bansal
sapna bansal
from ghaziabad
8 years ago

I too support you @Nandini ..by the way how to remove my entry from this contest??

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
8 years ago

my url is no longer accessible and ive mailed the inditeam to remove my post...hopefully they do it at the earliest :-) i find it unethical letting in entries way past deadlines.....all the best to them..i'm out of it.

michelle furtado
michelle furtado
from mumbai
8 years ago

This is not fair at all.. once the deadline is over and the videos are up you cannot let everyone see your entry and make a better one than yours... 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
8 years ago

This is exactly what happened. What is constructive parenting? To teach kids its okay to sneak in ur answer sheets two days after exams are over?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
8 years ago

Hey guys, there's a bit of confusion here - we didn't extend the contest! What happened is we didn't update the contest page specifically saying that the contest closed, that was our mistake. Sorry about that. Frown IndiVine contests aren't fully automated like HH. However, the date and time of contest closure was still displayed on the contest page and on IndiStatus, and that never changed. Any entries that came in after the closure date won't be taken into account, unless they approached IB support before the deadline.

Once again, sorry for the confusion - but we woudn't extend a contest after closing it, even if the brand wants it, that wouldn't be fair to the ones who submitted on time.

Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Thanks Renie. It is indeed a good thing you clarified. 

I second with ND, MF about it being unfair to those of us who participated. 

Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
8 years ago

On Youtube there are videos added just a day ago and those entires are visible in the contest. So are they eligible or they wont be. 

michelle furtado
from mumbai
8 years ago

Thank you Renie, I hope the the youtube published dates are also considered.

Poonam
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Support the fair decision taken by Renie, with respect to this incidence. 

Yes, the Youtube 'Published On' dates must be cross-checked to ensure fair play too. 

52 participants. I am not one of them just because no kids.
champati manikanta
from kakinada
8 years ago

Same problem.....Innocent

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

When are the results Innocent 

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Really this is the result.... so disdappointed. quality seems to going downward by each contest.

Thank you IB & Colgate!

But cannot refrain from saying that the judgement is obviously bad which even the winners would agree. 

Poonam
Poonam
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Brilliant! 

One of the defaulters who had submitted her entry post deadline takes away a 5K voucher. I am left speechless and would really like Team IB to intervene and ask Colgate to provide a justification on the judging procedure. 

Disappointed that the timeline is not being adhered to even by the brand, let alone the participants. 

Certainly not a case of sour grapes for me, as the quality of posts selected is on a downward curve, in general too. 

Babitha costa
from chennai,India
8 years ago

+1 poonam ji

Poonam
from New Delhi
8 years ago

One more rule has been broken to take away 25K. The duration of the video had been specified as 90 seconds ONLY and a 120-seconds-long vlog is judged as deserving? 

The playlist said 'Collect ALL 3 packs'. So, was it not that all three had to be used mandatorily? Even the header on the contest page is screaming so. 

Was it that the rules had to be followed to be eligible for this Contest or the rules had to be blatantly broken to earn a reward from the jury? 

I have serious doubts now. 

U K
from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
8 years ago

Exactly the reason why I have stopped participating the contests now..

Antarik Anwesan
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Superbly dissapointing results Frown

Gauri Kamath
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Though I did not take part in this contest, this is quite alarming that those who've posted their entries after the deadline are declared winners!

I wonder whether there will be enough fairness in the coming contest results?

disha kotak
disha kotak
from mumbai
8 years ago

My son n nephew created a brilliant puppet show out of the colgate characters, they scripted it them selves, they are going to heart broken after knowing their "creative" entry didn't win them anything... wasn't the criteria to be unique and different ? 

U K
from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
8 years ago

Exactly the reason why I have stopped participating here in the contests now Disha... I would rather play a superlotto somewhere and win something. :)

disha kotak
from mumbai
8 years ago

UK, I wish this was just a super lotto and not somewhere where deserving entries put in their efforts and time... the results are just a disappointment. I wish there was a review committee to filter results... #5Star all over again, makes me wonder why did I even bother? 

This is just a general view on the quality of judgement, am sure there are a few entries who deserve to be up there and am glad you made it... 

@Disha, your video deserves to bang the 25k. After checking the results, I searched for your video in youtube to make sure I remembered your name right.

SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Hearty Congrats Nandhini and son . I read / saw ur entry and liked it very much. 

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
8 years ago

Thanks a lot Sujata!

disha kotak
from mumbai
8 years ago

Am so greatful that your acknowledged my efforts. That's what I needed to hear today.. hoped the results did justice...

Amreen Shaikh
Amreen Shaikh
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners! :)

Srinidhi TG
Srinidhi TG
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Thanks a lot IndiBlogger and Colgate! :)

michelle furtado
michelle furtado
from mumbai
8 years ago

not fair! I am really dissapointed.. not because I did not win!!! Not at all!( I AM USED TO IT) but the ones who did not did not follow rules win the contest and some good entries who were good enough entries do even get consolation!

Dimple Sharma
from Rajkot
8 years ago

Totally agree with you. Entries did not follow rules win the contest. Really dissapointed. 

Dimple Sharma
from Rajkot
8 years ago

Totally agree with you. Entries did not follow rules win the contest. Really dissapointed. 

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Can someone mark the Indi team? What with the promises that it will be fair? 

We need answers @Renie... don't do Cadbury again. 

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Already done. 

Poonam
from New Delhi
8 years ago

I really hope the jury at Colgate is made answerable to Team IB on behalf of all participants. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread