Apollo Hospitals Contest: How does Modern Healthcare touch lives?

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Tell us how you think Modern Day Healthcare is Touching Lives and stand a chance to win an iPad, Bose headphones, gift vouchers and pen drives. More details on contest page here.

Replies 21 to 40 of 111 Descending
Gopinath Mavinkurve
Gopinath Mavinkurve
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Finally a topic that appeals to give it a shot!  Is there a link which gives the contest rules? Would be grateful if someone shared it here.  Thanks!

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

I didn't find any separate link for Rules, though the info given in contest page is sufficient to compose an article Smile

"Tell us how you think Modern Day Healthcare is Touching Lives and stand a chance to win an iPad, Bose headphones, gift vouchers and pen drives.  For eg, you may talk about modern health gadgets, discoveries and findings, medical tourism, lifestyle related health problems, etc. Please note that these topics are only for reference and may not be the only topics that you may choose to write about.  

Winners will be selected by Apollo Hospitals. Judge's decision will be final.

All entries must link back to http://www.apollohospitals.com/cutting-edge.php

IndiVine votes do not matter and multiple entries are allowed

Contest rules are liable to change at the discretion of IndiBlogger.in and Apollo Hospitals

Entries will be displayed on 10/5/13

Contest closes on 20/5/13

Winners will be announced by 10/6/13

Prizes will be dispatched by 30/6/13"

Laughing

Rubina Ramesh
Rubina Ramesh
from Chandler
10 years ago

How to link back?  One of the contest rule is you have to link back. Sorry novice in blogging. Is placing a link in my blog enuf?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes, link back is placing a link in your post so that others can click on it and visit Apollo Hospitals ( website )

Rubina Ramesh
from Chandler
10 years ago

Thank you Ranjith.

Partinder
Partinder
from Delhi
10 years ago

Wow! These related threads are so much more fun than writing unrelated blogs. Thumbs up to agreeing 'selling our souls for petty goodies'. Modern Healthcare clearly touches (and takes away) our financial lives. I know someone who paid 12 Lakhs in 7 days at Apollo. May be our goodies are coming from such blood money!

Undecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

what about the goodies from other contets? why only single out this contest? as a blogger u can raise awareness of such issues that you mentioned too and not necessarily sell ur soul.

I remember someone refusing nobel prize citing it to be blood money.

Priyanka Roy Banerjee
Priyanka Roy Banerjee
from Pune
10 years ago

on a lighter note from the above serious discussion, there seems to be no word limit for this one, right? 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

theres no word limit, otherwise they'd mention.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Do we have anyone from the stone age who was a spectator of the '20000 Bloggers for a Billion Hearts' campaign held almost three years ago? Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

tick... tick... Smile

Jitendra
Jitendra
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Healthcare is about taking care of your health problems. I am very much sensitive about my health. 

Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
10 years ago

Any idea about Enthu Pattani (Early Bird) prizes on Apollo Contest Page?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I think those are surprise gifts and a warning to people like me who submit their contest entries a few hours before the deadline! 

Saru Singhal
from Toronto
10 years ago

@Ranjith - We better hurry up then! Smile

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ICE, please complete the task you are assigned! Smile

Bhakti Sharma
Bhakti Sharma
from Pune
10 years ago

I can't see my entry among the displayed entries for this contest. I shuffled the page and refreshed it too where the entries are displayed but no luck!

http://lifestylerr.com/medical-magic-through-stem-cells/

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

This page page tells that your IndiVine post has been

Posted under HealthHow does Modern Healthcare touch lives?

At this point of time, your entry is visible on this page.

To see your post on the 'Random Entries' page, you might have to click the Shuffle button more than twenty times due the huge number of posts ( 229+ ) received for this contest. 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Submitted my entry today. Will complete it tomorrow! Wink

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

how can you submit it without completing it?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Why can't we? Innocent Whatever I've written is complete by itself. I thought of adding few more paragraphs and drawing some pictures but didn't get time. So, I've posted  whatever I've written and submitted the link. The judges probably will not start looking at the entries today itself, so I still have a day to complete my entry. 

I've done the same for Tresemme too! Tongue out

Now, I will be the most unluckiest person if the IndiTeam does something like taking snapshots of all the contest entries immediately after the close of the contest! Cry

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yesterday, I felt too lazy to edit my post. Let me be satisfied with the pen drive! Smile

Dr.Sudhesh
Dr.Sudhesh
from New Delhi
10 years ago
I think all this discussion is not very useful , because Appolo hospital has served mainly rich persons , who can afford its high charges . The health of poor people is not the concern of this hospital . .
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Couldn't agree more :-)

I agree with this and in fact my post is totally about how the modern health services are only for the ones who have money.

The modern health care has helped to extend the life of rich people but not of poor.. nobody is bothered about them.

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Any chances of getting extended?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It's already closed. I also wished that the contest be extended but I knew that it wouldn't be done as they already received 200+ entries! 

Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Please extend the date... having exams... :(

Prasanna Rao
Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Even though I have participated in most of the Indiblogger contests, I somehow couldn't take part in this, and now it's too late Cry

Chitra
Chitra
from Mumbai
10 years ago

dunno how good my article is .. but surprisingly have got a donor comment on my article.... he has given his contact details and wants to donate a a kidney or a part of liver for  a good compensation...

Incase neone who is in need of  a donor or u know of someone who wants a donor badly..can get in touch with this guy..... Though am not sure .. how genuine he is.. he has left his contact details on my blogpostCoolSmile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

New style of donating organs! Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I think that he is in great need of money. Posted the same offer on 30-40 blogs! Tongue out

So, its results day, today. Just hoping that this time the only change they make on the contest page is the inclusion of a section announcing the winners and not a change in or an utter removal of the results date itself Tongue out. ATB everyone Smile

Priyanka Roy Banerjee
from Pune
10 years ago

ATB to you too Tushar. I'm yearning for a Flipkart voucher at least, this time Frown

Tushar Kumar Singh
from Delhi,Mumbai
10 years ago

Me too hoping to get that 3k voucher at least. I mean I know that we have certain very articulate bloggers but I guess the remaining ipads and headphones and vouchers would suffice for them. And not to forget we all will get a pen drive as well. Although I've no idea why they're terming it specialInnocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Special = It will have Apollo Hospitals logo on it. So, you'll be promoting it whenever you carry it with you. Tongue out

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

I won't be surprised if it's a 2 GB or a 4 GB PD... I'll be overwhelmed to get a >=8 GB drive Undecided

Tushar Kumar Singh
from Delhi,Mumbai
10 years ago

haha. +1 for that logo idea. I wonder if they forgot to put the logos and they would postpone the results and the subsequent dispatch of prizes just to do that Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Tongue out

Can only think of getting a pendrive... have written about the modern health care but emphasised more on how it is mostly for the rich and rarely for all.

When the breakthroughs are meant only for 5 % people, how can it really touch our lives....

Tushar Kumar Singh
from Delhi,Mumbai
10 years ago

I concur on that aspect. I mean if one makes an attempt of comparing the offerings that healthcare has to provide for the top notch vis-a-vis the poor, you can see that we're living in two separate worlds. But ironically, there's nothing much that can be done about it. Modern healthcare is fueled by technology more than anything else, and technology is a luxury which only a few can afford. The only thing that can be done is bringing our govt healthcare abreast with what the private players have to offer and given the bureacratic deterrants and lack of will, even if it happens, it'll happen at a time when the state of healthcare for the elite would have already moved ahead by another level.Undecided

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

touchy discussion Cry

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Annunoy, you said that you won't be posting in contest threads on the day of results... Tongue out

Amrit Sinha
Amrit Sinha
from Gurgaon, Kolkata
10 years ago

4:40PM, and no result yet Surprised

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

5:00 PM and no results Tongue out

Priyanka Roy Banerjee
Priyanka Roy Banerjee
from Pune