No, sharing links in that way is not allowed! Undecided

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Did you manage to get your hands on the device?  [amazed]

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
I have just managed to get one for a few days too and it sure looks like a winner on first impression.
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Anant how is its camera and battery backup???

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
Anunoy, I received it a day ago, so haven't checked the battery backup as yet. As per the camera, it has a huge variety of settings and modes along with a turbo boost mode allowing to take 100 continuous snaps by keeping the shutter pressed. The few pictures that I took, the color reproduction was fine, however brightness levels and contrasts were low. It does have a High Dynamic Range setting too. Again, I could not test the various settings as of now. The device, overall, has been crafted wonderfully and is sure to set eyeballs rolling after its launch.
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Cool... so does it maintain focus in quick burst shots?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

No it shifts focus AS broda

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
9 years ago

This contest's main page said that entries will be displayed on 30-06-2014, but these aren't dispayed yet.Innocent

The Borosil page didn't say that entries will be displayed before the conetst closes on 7th, but the entries have started to display now itself...??? InnocentInnocent

Since some of the results (IP and EB) were announced, they displayed the entries. For this contest, no results were announced. Also, I think the contest got extended to 5th July.

Entries submitted by 5/7/14 are eligible for the Indi-Pattaani prizes

Hence not displayed.

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
That was what we were wondering about this contest earlier. It closes on 25th July then how come an arbitrary date like 30th June had been chosen to display entries!
Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
Oh no, this mini thread is now getting as confusing as the Mutual Admiration one!
Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

confusing lol its funny

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

Entries for this contest are visible now. I think they should have closed the Indi-Pattani prizes before making the entries visible. Anyways, you can go and check them out now.

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

But now there is no Submit button to post more entries. Heck, I am not able to understand anything with this contest!

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Renie, why we are not able to submit any post for this contest now. The Indi-Pattani awards will be considered till 5 July right. But the submission link is not found

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
The submit button is available now so you can submit your fresh posts.
Shalini Digvijay
Shalini Digvijay
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Question. ..really simple though if I move my blog to a website can I still be an indiblogger? 

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Not Really

Because it wont recognize the new URL it will only accept URLs from the old blog

so u can try submitting urls from old blog

or submit the new website name as another blog

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Well u will actually be an indiblogger forever

the question is will u be able to aubmit ur posts from ur old url :P

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
You can raise a ticket to Inditeam, they'll update your profile and you'll be an Indiblogger till eternity and beyond.
Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Beyond as in from heaven :P 

Do they also serve from Hell , As I Might be blogging from there?

Manan Patel
Manan Patel
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I heard the contest prizes will be given out to people from Delhi only since the indimeet is in Delhi. Is that true?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
9 years ago

Absolutely not, Manan! Who told you that? Surprised

The plan is to announce the winners on twitter - there is no award ceremony at the meet. We've already discussed this with ASUS - the winners could be from anywhere, there will be no geographical discrimination!

Sunila Karir
Sunila Karir
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Why are the entries displayed before the contest ends? There is a possibility of people copying or plagiarising the content. It gives an unfair advantage to people who will post later. Is it not?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

There is a possibility of people copying or plagiarising the content. It gives an unfair advantage to people who will post later. Is it not?

IB records the time at which entries are submitted. So, if two entries are similar, the first submitted one will be given preference.

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

Ranjith, do you really think the sponsors or the actual judges of the contests, whoever they are, would be having the time, resources, logistics, capabilities and/or interest in first finding similar posts and then, over and above that comparing their timestamps? Remember, I am not talking of copy-pasted posts, I am talking of posts that lift subtle ideas, remodel them or restructure them semantically or syntactically and sugar coat the lexicon. Recognizing cases of copy-pasted plagiarism is a cakewalk but finding those of remodeling can be an impossible mountain trek even for seasoned judges. So I believe the hypothesis of posts submitted earlier given a preference over latter ones in case of similar content is only a theoretical possibility, while practically it is 'im(not)possible'.

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

and then there is a huge chances of the copy cats being caught , so dont worry !

They Might still copy the idea , but they cant copy the quality , can they !

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Anant Even if entries are hidden, bloggers can use Google to find contest entries. Foot in mouth

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

DvD, I never worry about contests. The point is I believe sponsors only look for the posts that best promote them and would not be thinking even once in terms of copying or lifting ideas unless someone voluntarily complains. Hence, entries should not be displayed before end of a contest. Tongue out

Ranjith, in that case I think bloggers do not have the time, resources, logistics, capabilities and/or interest in finding entries through Google. I think you have spilled the beans here and many of those who had no inkling about it and end up reading your comment would now have another resource to try and pursue plagiarism. Forum hero turning into an Indivine villian. Yell

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

a...its not new....i get so many visit from google when i post contest entry early...happened so many times...its annoying ....esp when i see them hunting my archives then again coming via google...searching...and funny thing is i know their IPs very well and in most of the cases even who they are

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Detective nd Tongue out

CRD
CRD
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Have the indipattani prize-winners been declared yet?

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Entries displayed before or after the contest hardly matters as among the limited entires it is hard to copy and get away.

The problem is about only one thing when some undeserving entries win the contests and from last few contests I have seen some people winning the contest with even an absurdly below average post and that too when some really great entries were present. Even in a contest I won I felt, I felt one of the winners actually don't deserved winning and the post wasn't of the same quality like the other winning entries.  

My point is most of the people are going to read the winning entries so it's of no value to copy and hence it doesn't matter it is displayed or not. Innocent

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

I guess the sponsers choose the entries which promotes them in a better way.Just that.

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

I missed the Indi-Pattani Deadline. Though I have completed my Post, it is in my Drafts Folder. Ditto for another contest's post that I had completed, but missed the deadline! Foot in mouth

From the past several days I am debating what to do- whether to post my Asus entry now or as usual submit it on the deadline. Undecided

What do you suggest? Looking for answers. Innocent

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
Since you have already missed the Indi Pattaani deadline and also contest entries are showing up before the end of the contest, the wise thing would be to let your entry remain draft and post it on the last day.
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

Thanks for the instant response, Anant!

Wouldn't like to missing the deadline again! Laughing

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
But if you are too certain that you'll miss the deadline again, the wise thing would be to post your entries now. :P
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

That makes sense too, Anant! Cool

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

Wouldn't like to missing the deadline again!

Typo in my previous post- *miss*

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Hi Renie..are the Indi-Pattani s declared..it was supposed to be in Delhi meet. If these are decided may we know them pls...

Janak Kumar Yadav
Janak Kumar Yadav
from Howrah
9 years ago

Hey Indiblogger, I am back to blogging! Now tell me frankly, can I submit a blogpost though The Indi-Pattani prizes were to be declared on 5/7/2014 OR till this topic ends on 25/7/2014?  Which one can be considered as the last date to submit new blogposts on this topic. I'm confused.Sealed

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

Contest closes at 11:59 PM on 25/07/14.

so u can

Tarun
Tarun
from Delhi
9 years ago

hey i am new if you people may guide to participate

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

"tarun 

Click this http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=113

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Go to home page > click on contest page > write a blog about the relevant contest > submit it on contest page. If you still find problems post them here

Afshan
Afshan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I hope the date won't get postponed ? I am traveling today and I want to post before leaving provided the date won't get changed :)

Renie/ Admin : Can you please confirm ??? 

Isha
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Yes, even I wanna know the same thing!

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

and I thought the last date is 27th july .. Undecided I shd go back to sleep again Foot in mouth

Isha
Isha
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Submissions haven't been closed yet! Has the deadline been extended?Surprised

Bushra M
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I don't think it has been extended. Usually submission links are open for an extra hour or so. Smile

Isha
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Oh Okay! Smile

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

Great fun writing another entry for this contest.

May all our Superpowers be reality soon! Cool

Best wishes to all.

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

kash aisa ho jaaye toh phone ban jaayga aladin ka djinn .. hukum mere aaka Wink

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I wrote the post long before but I didn't felt like submitting. So, I skipped this one on purpose. I will be waiting for the parameters to be announced for the judging (which I think was due yesterday). I don't find the use to post for the contests till a transparent judging system is in place. Innocent

Poonam
Poonam
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I had to rack my brains coming up for an innovative take on this. Innocent

Combined past with future, sitting in the present time frame.

After I was done, it looked good to go.

Thanks to ASUS for this opportunity after which I've tried my hand at mystery as well.

All the best to all the participants! Smile

sarah malik
sarah malik
from New Delhi
9 years ago

The contest closed yesterday and I am surprised to see that the number of entries are less in comparison to other contests! why is that so? guesses anyone? :D

I loved writing for this contest..got a chance to unfurl my creative wings..Smile

Less entries may be bcz ppl are not getting any free voucher..Tongue out

Isha
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I guess Ankit is right. Might be due to no free voucher!  :P

I submitted a post for a contest after a long time! :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread