Around The World With Expedia!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

So who wants to take an all-expense paid trip to the US, Australia, UK, Japan or Singapore next month?  This is probably our most exciting contest so far! Let us know if you have any questions! Smile

Around The World With Expedia

Replies 21 to 40 of 145 Descending
Shazia
Shazia
from Kanpur
12 years ago
hi, please tell me, is it necessary to write about people that i met? Cant I have had fun on my own? I havent anything to share regarding people I met, but I can share my travel experiences.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Obviously not. The topic is clear. It is about interesting people you met. That is one of the value propositions Expedia is trying to highight and they expect you to write about that aspect - not any general travel blog. 

Shazia
Shazia
from Kanpur
12 years ago
hi, please tell me, is it necessary to write about people that i met? Cant I have had fun on my own? I havent anything to share regarding people I met, but I can share my travel experiences.
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

The rules are strictUndecided. I really do think you have to write about the people you metSurprised

Ruhie Kumar
Ruhie Kumar
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Where are the rules?? 

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago
Disha
Disha
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Once submitted, can we edit the blog post till Feb 29th (i.e the day the contest closes)?

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Yes Disha jhiSmile. You canSmile

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Waiting for posts from recognised travel bloggers like Arti, Dhiraj, Santosh BS, Umesh. All the best :)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey, thanks for including my name in that elite list of travel bloggers.. Smile Waiting for your take as well..

mujhe bhool giye 

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Recognised by who ???? . Thanks anyways . We don't write for contests .

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
What I meant was posts from Bloggers whom I know and follow!! But why you dont participate Dhiraj, its related to your niche?
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Don't yaar , somehow we don't find it interesting to write for any contest and why should we promote somebody who services we have never used or probably will never use .

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Fair point Dhiraj. But you dont have to promote any service, just give a link at the end (I know that is promotion too but still).
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Recognised by who ????

Loved that reply @Dhiraj Laughing

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Don't worry about missing the call from Expedia in case you win - IndiBlogger will call, email, tweet, message you on FB, send pigeons, owls and light the beacons of Minas Tirith to find you! Smile

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago
That was quits an assurance.
Himani Chaudhry
Himani Chaudhry
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I'm in! :-) Here's one of my posts, to begin with! http://in-pensive-mood.blogspot.in/2012/02/i-signed-up-for-ncc-national-cadet.html

Thanks for taking us 'Around The Worls With Expedia!', dear IndiBlogger! I so hope to make it! :-)

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

All the best Himani JhiSmile.

I'll read your post soonSmile

PASSPORT :D required ??? :D: D hehe...DUmb question, i am not going to read that ESSAY on rules :Psomeone help me.. passport is essential right :D 

R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Yup, think it is a pre-requisite.. Smile

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Dee, it has too many ESSENTIAL thingsTongue out

i have passport, and two year entry visa to singapore ( luckily) but ................, where is da prize,

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Passport will be required if you have you qualify for the grand prize. Other prizes, you dont need a passport 

yes, Vineet ji, a good post is the need of the hour, and I am writing away,  

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Had a lot of fun writing for the theme! Thanks a lot IndiBlogger and Expedia for bringing this exciting contest our way! And the entries are equally interesting too, its been fun going through them as well!

All the Best to Everyone! Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Read and voted for it! Super post, loved it. Hope you win:)
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Best of luck DILaughing WIn it okWink

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks tons DS and Poo.. you people are really very sweet Smile

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

Topic is really captivating but the rules and regulations are too much to maintain that previously formed liking towards this contest... anyway, best of luck guys :)

Nisha
Nisha
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Great contest! I've just returned back & saw the details. Yet to go thru the T & C.

Since by nature I am a solo traveller, I won't mind going alone again. :D

Have lots of stories, photos & experiences to share but at the moment very busy.  Let me see if I can contribute at least one post here.

Renie/vineet, 

I have a question here.  Is there a word limit for a post?

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Nisha, there is no word limit! Blog away! 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

There is no limit on the length of your post. It can be as small as a 200 words story or an essay extending into 10's of pages. The only think you need to keep in mind is to make the narration as interesting as possible.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Only two more days left! Surprised I thought that there was enough time left to accomodate seven days of thinking with a pen in my hand. Surprised

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

It looks as if not many are interedted in the contest. Only around 100 entries till date....

And here is a doubt which I hope would be cleared by someone: If I am one of the first five winners (IMAGINE Cool), can I exchange that mega prize for the mini prize of Rs 10000 voucher? 

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes you can Ranjith. The person who accepts one of the grand prizes has to travel. If there are issues with the passport etc, then the runner-up prize would be given to the winner, instead of the all paid tour! 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That's good!

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

A small clarification to all the contestants. the contest is not based on votes. Votes don't matter, like in all previous contests 

that's great

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

we hope all blog posts carry a link to expedia.co.in! 

thanks for the reminder sir g, 

Nisha
Nisha
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Ooops, by mistake I submitted my entry in Indivine & now it's not allowing me to submit in proper place. 

I also don't see it under "Around The World With Expedia!" posts. :(

Can something be done?

Here's my entry http://www.lemonicks.com/Travel/2012/02/27/lheang-my-hero/

Thanks.

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Nisha, email the link to the IndiVine post to indi@indiblogger.in and we will set it right! 

Nisha
Nisha
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Oh thanks! Will do so right away!

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Done with my post. It shaped up differently from how I intended it to be. Posts have a life of their own and evolve as they like. Hopefully it still meets contest requirements. Anways it covers only one of the two incidents I wanted to cover. But since it already hit 1000 words, I am sharing my other incident as a separate post tomorrow.  Hope I have time to make the entry before deadline. Wish they had extended this one's deadline too.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
This time you have decided that you will win a prize! Best wishes TF. Loved your posts:)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeah, now waiting to see your name in the winning list. Best wishes TF Smile

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks, DS and Arti for your wishes. Prizes are also so cool this time.

Nisha
Nisha
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hello Renie/vineet,

Please see the above query by me.

Yesterday by mistake I submitted my entry in Indivine & then it's not allowing me to submit under "Around The World With Expedia!". 

Vineet asked me to mail the post link to indi@indiblogger.in to set it right which I did promptly.

This is my post link http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=118471

I still can't see my post there. Will appreciate the prompt action.

Thanks,

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Touching read Nisha, All the Best! :)

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

My second post for the contest also up just before the close of the deadline widow. Now to wait and watch what fortune has in store this contest. With 30 prizes on offer, I have to see if my 2 attempts fetched me at least one prize.

Next target - my second post for Kissan.

I too have at last posted, my take,

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Intersting account.. Best of luck, Pramodji Smile

Thanks arti Ji
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

hehe feeling so good to have posted my contribution Laughing

Arti