The Kissan 100% Real Blogger Contest

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Our first contest for 2012 is out - who wants to get in touch with nature this year? Smile

We are open to more suggestions on the prizes - as long as they are nature holidays, and within India, it's all good - so you can pretty much choose where you would like to go as long as it's within the budget!

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=50

---------------------------------

For those having doubts about this contest, here's clarification from Vineet:

Hi Everyone!

About the clarification on the contest topic - The topic invites you to share your stories where while growing up you had experiences close to nature or your roots. For example, maybe the walk in the park with your dad everyday when you were five. Or maybe even the stories that your grand mom used to tell you, and NOT watching TV. Or playing football in the heavy rains of Mumbai. Interpretation of nature does not have to be some exotic locations or your travel. These are all experiences that take us back to our roots. This is not a travelogue contest :)

The Fool's interpretation is correct: A memorable incident from childhood or involving one's children if one has any involving close interaction with nature". Nature having a broader definition of course! 

Hope this clarifies!

About the travel, the dates are flexible and you can redeem those for a duration of six months! 

Replies 21 to 40 of 160 Descending
Shil
Shil
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I have a feeling my post got disqualified last time coz they changed the rules midway !! Hope it doesnt happen this time.

Post is not disqualified shil , it's just not the winner one, that's all. Best wishes, ace it. Great topic it is, this time.
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

It wasn't disqualifiedSmile. And they won't change it midwaySmile.

Dont worry. All The BestCool

Shalini
Shalini
from Pune
12 years ago

Awesome contest to begin a year......I'm flodded with my childhood memories and it will be really difficult to select one to write onto. Hope I'll be able to do it in time.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hope you will be able toLaughing. All the bestSmile

SRS
SRS
from Chennai
12 years ago

Thanks you all for the clarifications - I think I will give it a go... I have never really done something like this before :)

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

First try?Laughing. Thats very good jhiSmile.

All The BestCool

mohit chauhan
mohit chauhan
from new delhi
12 years ago

what's the deadline for sumitting the post??

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Its 29th FebruarySmile

Jogendra Singh
Jogendra Singh
from Mumbai / Jaipur
12 years ago
अभी तमिल के लिए ऊपर कहा गया कि रेखा को दो पोस्ट बनानी चाहिए... एक मूल भाषा में और दूसरी ट्रांसलेशन वर्जन जो कि इंग्लिश में होगा... लेकिन क्या सिर्फ मूल भाषा वाली सिर्फ एक पोस्ट के लिए कोई गुंजाईश नहीं है...? यही सवाल मेरा भी है क्योंकि मेरी पोस्ट हिंदी भाषा में होनी है... साथ ही मुझे दो पोस्ट बनाने में कोई इंटरेस्ट नहीं...
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

No Idea What You SaidTongue outTongue out.

Good Luck if you are participatingCoolLaughing

Jogendra Ji, wo Maine sirf apna idea diya tha, aap beshaque kisi bhi bhaasha me' likh sakte hain, best wishes,
Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

जोगेंद्र जी. ये प्रमोद जी का अपना विचार था. Indiblogger team से कोई जवाब नहीं आया है और मुझे पूरा यकीन है की वो Regional भाषाओँ को भी मान्यता देंगे 

sahithya sridhar
sahithya sridhar
from Chennai
12 years ago

here i come... was waiting for the ontest!!..:)

Sahithya, good luck

I love the theme! I am going to write for this one for sure, more for the fun than for prize-anticipation. Honest. :)

Best wishes, deboshree, sure the theme is unique this time.
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Good Luck JhiSmile

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

All the best and now there is one more theme waiting for you

Good luck to all of you as well! Hope we come up with 100% natural entries. Laughing

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks but I am not participating Smile

pandiang
pandiang
from chennai
12 years ago

kindly include a point that all the regional langaugesess will be considered

villavan gothai

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

All Indian languages are encouraged!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Vinnet I have a genuine doubt: How is it possible that the judges will be able to read and understand all Indian languages?

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The content management team from Kissan have on board translators who are adept in most Indian languages! Not something we should worry about! All the best! 

Alaka Yeravadekar
Alaka Yeravadekar
from Pune
12 years ago

re. date of submission: The last date of submission is given as 29th Feb. Date when entries will be displayed is 24th Feb.

My question: Why are the blog posts to be displayed before the last date of submission? This could result in 'adaptation' by some bloggers of posts created by others which are already on display from 24th. So why this 5 day window for a chance to copy the story ideas?

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Till date there hasn't been any such problems.

That 5 day window is given so that we all can read others stories as well.

Its a good way to know who all have participated and by reading other posts, sometimes bloggers themselves will know if the post is going to be selected.

It helps the bloggers to get to know each other more and also increase the popularity of the blogs.

Thats what I think!!!

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

As far as adaptation and plagiarism is concerned, it will happen whether you open posts in advance or not. Geniune bloggers do not resort to such things and copy cats are nabbed one day or another. So, don't worry and Keep blogging; keep original bloggingSmile

Alaka's points are worth the notice, one solution is that you post your take on the last hour of 29th. Then it will be safe, and another advice , you can correct your own post and make use of adaptations in your own very post. Cheers. One risk is that they can extend the date of submission at the last hour.
Alka Gurha
Alka Gurha
from Gurgaon
12 years ago

1. Who decides the location and time of travel?

2. Are there restrictions on how to travel...by air  or by train?

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Location, Date and Time is all selected by youSmile.

The second one I dont knowSurprised

It ought to be travel, can be' walk even. But, train, bus or air, whatever, truthful tale is best.
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I am done with my post. Its up on my blog. Though Pramod's advice to keep it till last minute makes sense, I can not keep my blog posts waiting. I am too eager to post in the moment they are ready. So here goes. Now to decide whether to post one more entry for this or take a shot at expedia or ditch both and try my luck at fablery.

Patience pays, and it pays handsomely. My site is demanding, and I keep telling, patience dear, have patience, one day I will certainly put up a craziest of a winner post for the whole world to rattle their slithery necks. Till then, ahoy, patience dear.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Will read your post soon TF. I am sure it will be a good read.
Real awe-inspiring post @ the fool, I too, took a dip down the memory lane,
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks a lot, Pramod. Glad you liked it. More than contest, this post captures an experience that my mother cherished in her heart for years. I have been wanting to record it for a long time. But somehow could not get the idea for right structure and presentation. The contest provided the impetus for the same.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@Pramod - My impatience is what keeps me going. I had wanted to write since 2004. But only the thought of posting content live on internet and people commenting gave me the necessary push to go on and write. Even now I am unable to motivate myself to just write and keep in my own word files.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@DS- Do check it out and let me know what you think.

Santanu D.
Santanu D.
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Thanks indiblogger for such a contest. I really get motivated and started my blog. Now I ll take that forward and write new content.

Just one question: I have submitted a article in this contest, will that published after 24th or only the winning articles ll publish?

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

It will be publishsed after 24th itselfSmile.

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
12 years ago

My post titled "Chidhood Memories" is ready too and is live on my blog. Quite possible that someone picks the idea and writes better to go on winning the prize. No worries.....i still beleive that one fine day the judges will realise that my effort is honest , genuine and 100 % real :)

Best of luck to all. May the best win !!

Great go, rock on.
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Good JhiSmile.

All the best for the contestLaughing

Richa Sonpatki
Richa Sonpatki
from Mumbai
12 years ago

This is the first time I want to participate! Are their word limits? And do we put in a back link with any specific text on our blog with reference to this contest?

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thats Good jhiSmile. All the bestSmile.

There are no word limitsSmile. No, there is no backlink you need to provide. But you can provide a link of the Indivine post after submitting it If you wish. Smile

Richa Sonpatki
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks Pooja!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Wow! Looking forward to your post Richa! All the Best!

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

all the best Richa! There are no word limits and surely no limits on the creativity! 

Himani Chaudhry
Himani Chaudhry
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I just got onto the ride...all set to go!

Here's my tavelogue http://castled-am-i.blogspot.in/2012/02/wed-look-forward-to-our-vacations-each.html It's called 'A childhood travel revisited...'

Enjoy! :-)

Himani Chaudhry
Himani Chaudhry
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Hi,

I submitted a post to this contest, even posted here, on this page, after that. But, neither I see my post here, not my submission under my IndiVine posts!

Also, the contest submission page gave me no choice and submitted my post under the 'food and drinks' sub-category under 'lifestyle' though my blog post has nothing to do with food and/or drinks!

Please sort this out!

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Your post will be visible from TomorrowSmile.

The submission has nothing to do with the category of your Blog. The category of the POST is what it considers.

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

On the midway of my post... riding my scooter right now... i'm so happy guys.... cheers! :-))

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

Hurray I finished my recollection and submitted it! Wish me luck guys... I'm not longing for the prize (hehe I don't think I'm polished enough to claim one anyway) but hopefully my Indiblogger friends will like it... Goodluck guys :)

Shazia
Shazia
from Kanpur
12 years ago

Can one submit more than one post?Do I have to link the post with Kissan or indiblogger?please clarify. If there is any rules and conditions page. direct me there.thanks

R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Yup to the first.. n fr the second, just click on the "submit your entry" button n follow n u're good to go :)

Not sure if there any specific rules as elaborate as the expedia one.

All ze best, Shazia!!

me

Smile

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

offcourse you can submit more than one post... it's clearly written there... but i've no clue for your second query... for being on safer side I added a link at the bottom of my post... :)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Yeah thats the answer. I fully agree.

LockSign in to reply to this thread