I am Explorer Contest

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It's time for some creative imagination! You are no longer bound by the laws of nature and reality. Create your own land, the creatures and terrains.

You have been chosen by planet earth to head explorations into an unknown land. Write a blog post on your brave journey and your discoveries across the final frontier!

Check out 'I am Explorer' contest here. Apart from the flipkart vouchers for regular entries, there are also prizes for the ( 5 ) best photo blogs and ( 1 ) video blog. Laughing

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: --
Replies 21 to 40 of 182 Descending
Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

I have  a query regarding the length of post .. my post is going to be in two parts (approx 2000 words) is it permissible or not?? coz I think this topic requires lots of details n descriptions of terrain n creatures. 

please help . :) Cry

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Why don't you post the entire thing in a single post? Innocent

If we want to post it in two parts, submit only the first part on the contest page. WIthin the first post on your blog at the end, say that the second part is posted  on another page and give the link.

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Wonder how people will make real videos for thier fictional adventures....Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Computer Graphics! Innocent

Since this is a bloggers community and not a filmmakers group, even a normal good video has the chance of winning! Laughing

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Animation! :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Or you can create models of those imaginary things. Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

munna?

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Wow Ranjith! That's a great idea! Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ND I may create a photo blogpost with Munna. And may be play with fire and water for the video. Innocent

@ Bushra Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

And may be play with fire and water for the video.

SurprisedSurprised

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i'll have to buy toys like munna too...and pencils tooCry and paperEmbarassedCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You don't have paper? Surprised

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i threw everything away after passing collegeLaughingCool...i thought i'd never need them ever againUndecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Surprised

Stephen
from Raleigh
10 years ago

If you are creative then you can make anything Bushra!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes yes. We can do anything. We can also steal Stephen's 3 ipads. Money mouth

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

My queries-

A) Can we use Pictures from the Internet for the Photo-Blog?

If we use too may pics in our Blog, would it automatically qualify as a Photo-Blog? Any need to specifically mention in our Blog about the type of our submission?

B) Does a Photo/Video Blog-Post have a chance to win the Grand Prize?

(Doubt coz there are separate prizes for the 'Best' Photo & Video Blog Post)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

A) Yes, you can. But link back to the source from where you got the image ( This is not a rule in this contest but giving credits to the original owner of the picture is something you ought to do )

As far as I understand, a photo blog is something which has photos owned by you and not those taken from the internet.

B) I'm not sure about this one but I think that a post with only the video will not win the first prize. 

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Thanks Ranjith!

You have all the answers! Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

he is rajnikant of indiforumWinkCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ND Stop NanduGiri Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

growls...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

runs...

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

ND, Ranjith Nice NanduGiri & RajniGiri SmileLaughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

:((.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

eeeeeeeeeeee not nice at all...only rajnigiri is nice

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Arre! Forum heroes ke new names Cool hain! Cool Foot in mouth

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

no...ranjith grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...if anyone calls that i'll shoot u

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I'll shoot Bushra, ND and Anita :((

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Why am I first in the line...:((

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

First or last, everyone gets a chance. Laughing

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Bushra, Chill! Wink I'll remove d bullets from Ranjith's guns before he can attempt to 'shoot' us!!! Laughing

Wait, is Ranjith talking of 'photo-shoots'?!!! Our pics using his Camera?!!! Innocent

Ranjith, Your Cry shows that you aren't very happy 'Shooting' us!

Let's save the bullets & the guns to tackle the aliens as I AM EXPLORER! Cool Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

photo shoots? SurprisedTongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

gun shotsWink my gun shoots are realCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

PS said that real = fake

So, your gun shots are fake. Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

shoots PS too...now real = very real

my gun shoots are very real nowWinkCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

'Real' not equal to 'Very Real'. 'Very Real' has four letters more than 'Real'. Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....chup warna i shootCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Sealed

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

Thanks  Ranjith, I can post the whole story in one part bt in that case it would be vry long between 2000-2500 words and unfortunately nobody reads such lengthy stories on net .. m afraid tht I wont get readers nor the judges will pay attention on my work.. :( Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

2500 words is long but not too long that you need to post in two parts. Look at the winning entries. Many of them are long ones posted in one part. Laughing

And if the judges can't pay attention to a long one story in one post, how can they pay attention to two smaller ones, one being a continuation of the other, posted as two different blog posts? Innocent

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Bhavana, I feel if you post 2000-2500 words, readers will anyway read it or have to read it...

irrespective of whether you post the entire thing in a single post or, as Ranjith suggested, post it in two parts (submitting only the first part on the contest page & providing the link of the 2nd post wIthin the 1st post on your blog) Innocent

If the post is interesting, it should grab attention! Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

almost all my entries end up being around 2.5k wordsTongue outCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I struggle for even 1k words Undecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

ur posts are longggggggggggggg tooWink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

No, these days, all my posts are something around 1k. The last 2k+ words post I wrote was for Apollo. Undecided

Simply Bogus
Simply Bogus
from Bogus island
10 years ago

WOW there is a competition in blogosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Many contests have been held in the past and many more will be held! Wink

Simply Bogus
Simply Bogus
from Bogus island
10 years ago

Oh cool! So there's always chance of winning right. I'm dreaming now lol Embarassed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

:))

Simply Bogus
from Bogus island
10 years ago

Innocent

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

@Ankita & Ranjith... Thankss a lot fr yr advise .. I will post teh whole story in one part and now I think it will end up snwhere between 2500-3000 Tongue out I know its a kind of atyachar on readers bt what cn I do .. I am tend to write lengthy stories Foot in mouth .. one more question .. can we post our story in indivine as we used to do regularly ??  is it ok if I add sm images (google image zindabad) to make the story less boring Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You can submit your post through the link on the contest page or the 'SUbmit Post' link on IndiVine, but not from both places. Once you submit through one of those links and try to submit with the second link, you will get an error saying that you have already submitted it.

As you have written for the contest ( and want to win a prize ) submit it on the contest page. It will also be visible on  IndiVine once entries are made visible.

Yes, you can add images from internet but mention the source of the images just below each image or at the end of the post. The source you should mention is not Google Images but the website from where you took that image.

Laughing

Simply Bogus
Simply Bogus
from Bogus island
10 years ago

Can I use internet photos too? I am confused Frown

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i think only real photos/sketches will fetch the photo blog prize, u can use internet image for text blog citing source

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You can use photos from internet but as I said mention the source of the images in your blog.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

but internet images wont fetch the photo blog prize... right @Ranjith?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes, they won't! Undecided

Simply Bogus
Simply Bogus
from Bogus island
10 years ago

Now what is this photo blog and text blog thing? Cry I did not come across these terms in the contest page, so I'm asking Surprised

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Photo Blog is where photos tell the story or form a major part of the article. In normal blog posts, the written matter forms the major part.

In this contest, there are 5 prizes for the best photo blogs.

The process to submit a post ( be it a normal post or photo blog ) is the same. Go to the contest page and click the submit button. You need not mention whether it is a photo blog or normal blog. The judges themselves will decide.

Smile

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

According to the contest page, it would end by 25/9. But the second point of the "Terms and Conditions" states: Sealed

• The contest shall commence on Friday, 23rd of August 2013 and shall continue till Monday, September 23rd 2013.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Surprised

You are the first to observe! Wink

Anyway, they can't close it on 23rd because the date is mentioned as 25th on the main contest page! Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i noticed it too...but forgot to ask

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Forgot! SurprisedTongue out

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Alright! :D

We still have a week for this Cool

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I think it has been extended to the 30th!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Extended. Innocent

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thank God it has been extended.... I am so busy these days Cry

Ipsita Roy
Ipsita Roy
from Jena
10 years ago

Just been approved on IndiBlogger. The first contest that I have entered. Hope to start with a bang! yo!! Laughing

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Looks like there's some addition to the topic. 

"Write a blog post about the joys of exploring the unknown; you could write about your journeys to new places, the exciting times you went exploring with your childhood friends, or you could write about a completely fictional journey to a fictional land!''

Smile

Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

my entry is already submitted...so no changes. Looks like they are expanding the gamut, may be so far the participation is less..

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

and what was written earlier? i seemed to have missed reading

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ND See the previous topic here Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

ranjith...stop it...u freak me outSurprised where did u get previous imageSurprisedCool

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hey ND, I think the topic remains the same in the contest page. This was the mail they sent us where they broadened the topic....

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

bushra...see the image link ranjith posted and compare with contest page..looks diffrent...only mystery is how did ranjith get old image...ooh i forgot he's rajnikant..he can get anything from anywhere.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ND I took a screenshot of that page before the topic was changed. Smile

Such topic change has been done in the past for some 'Diesel' contest. In such cases you can choose either of the two topics - old and new. Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

wahi toh...only you thought of taking screenshot before anyone could even think that topic might changeInnocentCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I have taken screen shots of all contests. Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

InnocentCool

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Arre.... Wah RanjithWink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

Simply Bogus
Simply Bogus
from Bogus island
10 years ago

Thank you Nandini and Ranjit. You buddies are so helpful Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing.

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

I think its nt fair .. earlier the topic was totally different and nw  thy turned it into a holiday trip .. isnt this cheating wid the writers.. hw you cn compair both themes ..  I am nt happy wid this theme change .. anyway.. I entered in this contest jus bcoz of the theme .. it attracted me soo much and nw what kind of joke is this.. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

they did say u can write fictional too...so u can write anything

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Dunno why you think so Bhavana... I on the contrary think it's perfectly fair as they haven't 'changed' the topic. They have just broadened it.... 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Entries previously submitted will still be valid. May be the number of entries they received were too less, so as Bushra said, they have broadened the topic! Laughing

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

somehow m still nt convinced .. its a complete change nt broadening of topic .. may b thy did not get enough entries bt .. nt happy wid this holiday journey earny thing .. nw I will shape up the story according to my choice nt according to the contest .. this is the 2nd onln contest i m participating in .. and once again I must say these online contests sucks.. UndecidedYell

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I must say these online contests sucks

Surprised

Anyway, all the best! Sometimes, entries which differ from the actual topic also win. Laughing

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

hw it can b justified .. whr is the tag line of "chosen by planet earth to head exploration"   tht attracted my attention and almost forced me to write even in office hours ..  

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You can still write on the previous topic...

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

they did mention write fictional story -----------you can include "chosen by planet earth to head exploration" in it...

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

obviously I will continue my wrk .. as I already asked fr advice regarding two parts of story .. nw mfree to evn make a sequal which I was thinking .. though I will submit my story bt nw I dnt care fr winning etc..  it was teh theme that dragged me here nt the contest and prizes :P ..  CoolSmile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ok, so you were the one who asked about posting in two parts... I forgot Wink

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Okay! I have a query :/

For our videoblog, do we need to upload a video on our blog or can we embed our video from our respective youtube page.

I have made a video, but I'm not able to upload it on my Tumblr blog, because it extends the duration of 5 minutes (Tumblr allows us only to post a video of max 5 mins). So, if I will upload my video on my youtube account and embed that on my Tumblr blog, would my entry be valid or not :/ Undecided

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

yes, u can embed that.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

you can..

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Thanks, Avadhoot and Nandini :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You are the first person who talked about submitting a video entry! Looking forward to see it. Laughing

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Thanks! :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Now, that I have unearthed this topic after one month, it's time for everyone to come and say 'I didn';t receive my book' Innocent

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Ranjith, correct reply on the wrong thread Tongue outSmile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i didnt recieve..and u posted in wrong thread

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Sealed

I opened that books thread and was wondering where my reply went! Sealed So, it landed here! Tongue out

It wasn't my mistake. Some bug in the forum software as someone said the other day. Cool

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Ranjith, yes, yes. Even Pakistan is responsible for it. Tongue outSealedCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Every Pankti is responsible for it! Tongue out

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

How am I responsible Ranjith? X(

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The air coming out of your ears transported the reply to a different thread. :P

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

=))=))=))

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I didn't recieve the book too...Innocent Foot in mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Tongue out

Rutavi Mehta
Rutavi Mehta
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Not very regular on indiblogger.

But wanted to know..This contest..how mnany of you have already written..I wanted to know how fictious a blog post can be. If it fictious can some one use photographs from net.

Also can i also be trips from what i have already did.

Thanking you.

Regards

Rutavi Mehta

www.photokatha.in

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

(1) fictitiousness % :0 to 100 %, it depends on your creativity and past experiences.

(2) net photographs can be used.

(3) yes, you can write about your trips.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

If it fictitious can some one use photographs from net.

You can but it won't help you win the 5X prizes for the best photo blogs. Undecided

P.S. Don't sign your forum replies with your blog link. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread