Who wants to go to Melbourne?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

And...it's your time to visit Melbourne NOW! Smile

New contest everyone, where everybody wins something, and two bloggers get to go on an all expense paid trip to Melbourne!

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=63

Replies 21 to 40 of 185 Descending
Nirati
Nirati
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I hope they somehow answer to the ticket saying that anybody can enter but their entries won't be valid for the grand prize. Coz I want to! :[ 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Our date of birth isn't a part of our profile information. So, IB cannot know our age!!! Sealed And, they possibiliy wouldn't ask everyone to submit their DOB certificate for claiming the pen drive. Sealed The same for the passport too unless you are too lucky and win the first prize itself.... Undecided 

Nirati
from Mumbai
11 years ago

:P Mine won't win the first prize anyway. I'm just in it to write such a thing for the first time. And the pen drives don't hurt either! :D

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

What is the fuss about age?.I think they need to clear this..

GvSparx
GvSparx
from Delhi
11 years ago

Take me to melboune. I can stand throughout my air travel :P

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Surprised

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Even if you stand, they can't allow people without passports or kids without acompanying elders.

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

Good One TF Wink

Sampath Bhoompally
Sampath Bhoompally
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

multiple entries are not allowed right but @renie: what if blogger has two blogs and then can he post different entry in both blogs?.Help me with this doubt guys..Frown 

sahithya sridhar
sahithya sridhar
from Chennai
11 years ago

the heading is a bit confusing...."Tell us about the experiences you would love to bring back fromMelbourne "

and the homw page says "Share with us your Melbourne exeprience" what exactly should we blog upon...????

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

About Melbourne? What else? Logon to the internet, research on Melbourne and write about what all you want to see in Melbourne. Simple?

Anjali Garg
Anjali Garg
from Pune
11 years ago

Topic is confusing. Where will the originality come in from if someone has never been anywhere near australia and has to write the experiences they want to bring back. Most people will go google hunting. :/

Nirati
from Mumbai
11 years ago

That's the whole point right?Imagine you were there, back drop me is the info you have on Melbourne and cook up a story. After all that's what creative writing is about, no?Just saying.  

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

I second Anjali

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

I third, in fact I fourth too :P

mahesh
mahesh
from chennai
11 years ago

Hi Rene,

A request let the competition be open to all - lazy chaps like me have never applied for a passport but we still want to write for the sheer fun and excitement of itSmile

Let it be an open event, what you could do is ask for an update / submission from each participant stating - "I have a valid passport / I do not have a passport'.

Please consider this suggestion!

Thanks,

Mahesh

Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I just turned 20 this April so I can participate, yay! Already done. Laughing

Nirati
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Lucky you :| 

Nirati
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Also, APRIL?! When? :D

Shrinidhi Hande
Shrinidhi Hande
from Chennai
11 years ago

Passports can be had in couple of months. So those aspiring participants can submit their entry and passport application as well. Doesn't look impossible to get new passport in time for travel

Spriha Batar
Spriha Batar
from Jaipur
11 years ago

Can we participate if we have never been there ? What if we want to go there and our post is related to that ?

Nirati
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hey Spriha, that's the whole point right?

"Tell us about the experiences you would love to bring back from Melbourne"

So you can definitely talk about what you would wish/like to do if you had a chance to go tour Melbourne. All the best for the contest! :D 

Spriha Batar
Spriha Batar
from Jaipur
11 years ago

But then again the post says that share your experiences of Belbourne with us. Isnt it a bit contradicting ?

Nirati
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I think there's some earlier reply similar to what you're saying.And I might be going blind, I couldn't find that. Could you please tell me where the share your experience thing is? :S Sorry. 

Canary
Canary
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Can winners from the expedia contest pls share some tips with us here? :) What all did you people keep in mind while blogging, how did you go about it?Arvind ji, seema and others pls? :)

Chintan Shah
Chintan Shah
from Ahmedabad
11 years ago

Had submitted my article, hopefully won the price to visit Melbourne, if not then win 5000 shopping vouchers for my wife Money mouth to make her happy Wink

Nasa Snape
Nasa Snape
from Mysore
11 years ago

There are "some" people (/ a group of people) whom  i can imagine will be the only (and always) winners!  Anyway god lucked good luck for day dreaming population!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Woohoo! Now Melbourne, and next what? Excellent work IndiTeam in bringing some amazing grand travel prizes our way! Good luck to all participants and congrats for the stylish looking pen drive in advance ;)
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hoping to see you travel to Australia next, Arti.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I wish the same for you, TF. All the best. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

You must be very tired after your Japan trip. Why don't you take rest? Tongue out Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@Ranjith lol Laughing but rest = some more travelling for me Tongue out

Renu Sethi
Renu Sethi
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Well, its a pretty tempting contest, but i wonder how can u predict your memories, memories comes with exprience.When u haven't experienced Melbourne at all, how can you predict memories that you wld like to have.. but i so want to go to meborne...i heard its d safest city and very beautiful

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I imagine, its like 'How would you plan your  trip to Melbourne if you ever got a chance to be there'. The one who can write this in a creative manner will be the lucky one flying in the end. Just my thinking... All the best to you :)

Shantinath Chaudhary
Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

WOW, WOW.... I really can't believe that its true, I mean is this contest really true!! ARE THEY GIVING FREE PEN DRIVES TO ALL PARTICIPANTS!!! HOW CAN IT BE!! :P :D

I will ask all my friends to write just a 100 words blog to get a free pen drive ;) who won't!! after all its a free pen-drive!! and Finally, It appears my dream of winning a prize from indiblogger is going to come true :) :P

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

By the time the entries get displayed, I expected atleast 100 entries to be up and running! Undecided

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Just 28 right now :) not tough contest, I think I can even dream of the Rs5000 gift voucher ;) :P 

Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
11 years ago

I am not eligible for this contest, only Indian Citizens resident in India are eligible. First Indimeets and now contests, I am missing a lot :P 

On a serious note, if anyone can clarify whether I am eliglible or not? I live in US, though I'm an an Indian National...

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Guess you are inelegible because they will be giving tickets only from Indian to Australia and not from USA to Australia. By the way did they send the other prizes to USA?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

... And the prize is non transferrable as per the T and C. 

Shantinath Chaudhary
Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

DONE!! Submitted my entry :) and I am fully eligible applicant- above 20 yr old Tongue out and have passport too. But I don't want to go to Melbourne you know (I won't even be able to bear the secondary expenses of journey). All I want is the PEN DRIVE. And I want it quick, don't keep me waiting for months please.... give it quickly, after all it has to be given to all.. :) :) 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Can't we exchange the first prize for the second one: shopping vouchers? 

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

@Ranjith: NO. I don't think so. Prizes are generally non-interchangeable, and non-casheable too :) :)

HR
HR
from Bangalore
11 years ago

It is look like Melbourne Dreams -  if any bollywood director sees it, they may fetch the title along with trip. Smile

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Actually, even before reading your comment, I had submitted by post, and the title of blog-post is "The Melbourne Dream!! :) :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread