An opportunity for every Indian blogger to get published!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

IndiBloggers!

On August 15 2012, on our independence day and IndiBlogger’s 5th anniversary, comes an opportunity for every Indian blogger to get published! Smile

IndiBlogger.in in association with HarperCollins will give you insight and a whole new perspective of the world of publishing. Submit your own stories, learn from the authors, talk to the editors, join a social community of book lovers and see your work in print.

Do help us spread the word, and get Yash Lal's book to start your first review:

http://www.indiblogger.in/getpublished/

Keep blogging!

Replies 21 to 40 of 197 Descending

I am too excited for this one.

I love book reviewing and have been doing it for more than a year...Would do this one as well..

To see one's name in print is an amazing feeling. I am a story writer and have one story published in Chicken soup for the soul.

Have not written much since then. Thanks IB for arousing the interest again.

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

This sounds great. Congratulations on your 5th Anniversary...

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Pune
11 years ago

Wow!! This sounds super exciting!! Thanks a ton IB team for all that you are doing for the blogger community. Happy 5th anniversary in advance Smile

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

Congrats IndiBlogger Team on 5th Anniversary.....you guys ROCK!!!   Thanks for making this place so interesting.......................

But what needs to be done for publishing ....

RINZU
RINZU
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Thanks, this was a suggestion made by me at the delhi womens meet if you remeber.! Never knew you would strike the deal soon.! Maybe you might have recieved similar suggestions everywhere you went.! Good job.! 

RINZU
RINZU
from New Delhi
11 years ago

And yes congratulations.! I had my own fears before teh first meet in delhi about you guys.! And omg.! You all amazed me by your simplicity and friendliness.!

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Great Opportunity but is it only for writers or for any Genre? And can posts published on our Blogs be a part of it or fresh content is required?
Rajrupa Gupta
Rajrupa Gupta
from Kolkata, India
11 years ago

This is awesome. Its a dream for all bloggers like me. Hats off to IndiBlogger to bring forward such an initiative. Go on! Take a bow.

Sanhita Baruah
Sanhita Baruah
from Guwahati
11 years ago

Now what are we supposed to do for the event??

Anjali Saini
Anjali Saini
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Big congratulations to Indiblogger team on completing 5 years. You guys have done a lot for all the bloggers, thanks for this opportunity. Kudos :)

Hi IB team, what a great treat you are offering to us the Indibloggers as part of two great celebrations.1. IB's fifth anniversary 2. India's independence.  Writing is a way of liberating oneself. On August 15, Indians got only the political freedom.  There, writing and publishing were considered the rights of the privileged. Self-publication-blogging- offered the first challenge to that. Now thanks a lot for your joint venture into India's one untapped potential.  Thanks to HarperCollins as well.

Dhirendra Singh
Dhirendra Singh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

What about Hindi Bloggers?

Prasoon Khare
Prasoon Khare
from Bangalore
11 years ago

My eyes left wide open as I read about on my mobile sceen. It's a dream to see my name in print. Indiblogger, you guys are rocking!! But the big question remains- What next? .. Guys, tell us something about it.. at least a hint Smile

It would have been great had we got independence few days before 15th. Just couldn't wait till 15th August !!..

SS Kuruganti
SS Kuruganti
from Gurgaon
11 years ago

This is great - really looking forward to this. Thanks for the opportunity, Indiblogger! =)

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Going live in ten minutes! Smile

C. Suresh
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Mmm! Looks to be possible only if you have been in love or knew someone in love and if there is a story in it, since it seems only for "Real' Love stories! That leaves me totally out of it. :(

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Suresh, I think blog-o-sphere is not the right place for imaginative writers like you and me. Only way for us either keep knocking publisher's doors in traditional routes or try selling on kindle for 99 cents at 35% royalty. Blog is for real life and news bloggers I guess.

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago
('~')
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

It is finally up and I must say I am deeply disappointed.Everybody wants only real life love stories. Penguin is also holding a contest for the same. And chicken soup people also requested me for real life love stories. I of course appreaciate the effort by Indi. I am sure lot of people will benefit. Best of luck to you all.

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Looks to me like everyone is chasing the same real life subject! Only Love sells!!!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I wonder how they would be checking the reality in the real life stories! Undecided

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

What seems real. If you can imagine something that sounds real enough, it should do I guess. My friends sold 3-4 stories to chicken soup like that. I however like to let my imagination fly and imagining close to real love stories does not excite me.

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I think it is best if it is clarified whether they mean love stories set in the real world or fictionalized accounts of real life happenings to real people. If it is the latter and if there is any verification procedure involved, then that may require the blogger himself to seek the permission of the people whose story he is writing!

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I guess it is the later - fictionalized account of real life happenings. I don't think they will actually verify. They will probably go by what they feel on reading the story. So if someone manages to create pure fiction that is unique and seems realsitic, it should sail through.

Uma Maheswari Anandane
from Karaikal
11 years ago

What if we have'nt falled in love but married to a man selected by parents Tongue out. Can love after marriage be included? And I wonder how many bloggers have had love marriage Undecided  with interesting suituation or cinematic love spills ?

Deepa Duraisamy
Deepa Duraisamy
from Mumbai
11 years ago

What an opportunity Renie! Unbelievable! It doesn't state anywhere what the last date is to submit the 'idea' on our blog. Is it today? Am assuming it is. 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I think I had too high expectations from this - but guess it is unrealistic to expect to be given the book contract to write the next Harry Potter. Sorry for hastily expressing disappointment.

I saw through the publishing site and like the professional look of it and the inspiring posts by Yashodara (Though romance and marriage are not my fav genre) and actually liked it and guess I would like to be part of the initiative after all. After raking my brain I realized I did have lot of information about a unique love story of a very close friend. It had clean slipped out of my mind due to being out of touch with him for 7-8 years.

I can only remember our Farida's words - for any topic if you go look deeply into your gamut of experiences you will find something or the other. I did and I found the story. So I am in. Thanks Harper Collins and Indiblogger.  

And I also ask everyone's question - What all should the idea contain and by when should be submit?

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hi TF! What is it about you that sets me off too? I read this comment, started thinking and did remember one love story in my circle that seems a possibility. I shall have to fictionalize it far more since I do not think the people concerned would like the tale to be too close to their own. But, yes, I could be in!

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

The T&C says 15 Aug 2012 to Feb 2013 - formulate your ideas and write your stories!

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Same here, CS. If the person concerned knows I am selling his story, he will kill me. Hopefully just change of names would do the trick. Also me not being in touch with him for 7-8 years should help.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

CS - I was also inspired by my talks with you. I realized basically genres just differ in the dressing but the core is always human emotions. That is the difference between a text book and a story book - eotions. So if I don't master that I will never be a good story writer. So if I can't write a love story, I can't write anything

And by the way, story I have in mind lot of people don't know the full story, even some of key characters in the romance. I am the only one who knows the full story other than the male protagonist. So hopefully none of the concerned ever get to read my story.

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
11 years ago

What an honor to quoted by TF. BTW my contest posting skills has taken a steep dip.. I have to nothing to say about love marriage or arranged marriage, soak no more or Melbourne so far. I will try to find something from my pre-teen when I was naive to believe in love. As for lately, love has eluded me Wink

LockSign in to reply to this thread