Sushmita
Sushmita
from Delhi
9 years ago

A new contest has been launched. 

Details:

https://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=130

Replies 21 to 40 of 203 Descending

I agree it is.. but the point here is whether to write about it or not and so I made my point its an individual's prerogative. I had no intentions to hurt anyone's feeling here. Ia m sorry If I did so..Smile

That is Not a fact. This Indian sanskar thing is a myth perpetuated by the right wing religious nutjobs. Believe in that and you will end up with chastity belts for all un married women. Because, naturally, sex ( temptation ) is always the woman's fault . < note the heavy sarcasm>
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Doesn't matter as long as both parties are responsible. Others should butt out, get a job. 

+ gazillion
God knows, if i am correct

The funny thing is people here shout about "World is becoming more indionised" world knows us by our culture and ancient culture and now the same bloggers are like... It is ok !

Hey chill dude! I think I made my point crystal clear.. I am neither for nor against it.. I am neutral here.. And the sanskar thing as I quoted on quotes is the mindset of an Indian.. That is what I wanted to explain.. And I totally agree that this is a natural thing and one cant get away with it.. And I rest my case here..Sealed

Yes Nandini.. U are right.. This is getting heated..Cry

However made my entry! 

Your post will be active on IndiVine once voting begins.

As we are submitting posts for Happy Hours, forgot how it use to look earlier, is this how we get the confirmation message after post submission? Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Yes. This was how it used to be with earlier contests also. Laughing

Okay, seeing such varied perspectives here, I too am tempted to put forth my two cents. Foot in mouth

ND mentioned Khajuraho - It's a popular misconception that Khajuraho is all about sex and Kamasutra. There's more to Khajuraho than just sex. Even the sex part has different theories to it - one theory says that sculptures depicting carnal pleasure were put up to enlighten the junta about the world and it's material/earthy entrapments. Another theory says that people's growing interest in asceticism had started resulting in a decrease in population, thereby affecting the army strength. The temples where intended to make people realise that materialism and spiritualism can go together (and so inspiring them to procreate) Then again, in pagan religion sex was considered a sacred ritual. That too influenced the Chandels.

During my college years, I was a assisting a retired professor, working on University books. We used to have long discussions about our (society's) hypocritical tendencies. And this is what he had to say about sex - 'You can be the biggest liar in the world, a thief, a fraudster, insensitive, selfish moron and what not - no body will judge you, but you dare not have consensual sex with another man/woman - for then you will judged. Multiple character certificates would be issued in a jiffy. You will be a certified 'loose character'. Your sleeping with someone is everyone's business here. The word 'immoral' in India implies just one thing - sex.

Wonder how something that was just another primal need, and then a sacred ritual turned a taboo topic across societies. Undecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

I didnt really mean all that..but oh well....nevamind

Tongue out

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
9 years ago

ND , your comment was just for reference to context. Smile

god knows, I am really baffled. can people not see enlightenment or moksha in the art work. It is a thing beyond worldly heads.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I think the people in those sculptures are married couples. Laughing

it was a pure bliss way to reach salvation the tantra way. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

tantra is satanic

it's ignorance Nd, how can one term something satanic. Tantra literally means

The earliest documented use of the word "Tantra" is in the Rigveda   Tantra is the name given by recent scholars to a style of meditation and ritual which arose in India no later than the 5th century AD. Tantra has influenced the Hindu, Bön, Buddhist, Jain and perhaps part of Sikh traditions and Silk Road transmission of Buddhism that spread Buddhism to East and Southeast Asia.

Tantra embodies two sanskrit words: tanoti (expands) and trayoti (liberates)... It is the system by which you liberate or separate the two aspects of consciousness and matter - purusha and prakriti or Shiva and Shakti.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

rio...watever it is doesnt matter...it is satanic...thats all i know...and no its not ignorance

sneh
from ahmedabad
9 years ago

Did some one say chandel.

regarding khajurao ,  indians have misunderstood the temple in my opinion. It was a place of learning and an integral part of Hindu religion since Hindu religion has always been an open source religion. However the invaders of India distorted the truths about khajurao, for eg: one of the statues depict man fornication with a animal and upon seeing this most indians would comment how vulgar. They forget that most of the statues of this temple have been destroyed and if one could see the temple with all statues intact, they would have seen a man fornication with a beast and a nearby soldier chopping his head off. To show that somethings are just wrong.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

lol...you guys speak as if the sculptors of kajuraho themselves explained their idols....anyways i rather believe what i see, than other people's interpretations/theories/whatever.....else like The Sorcerer...i;'ll have to ask were you guys there when those were sculpted to know their true meaningLaughingTongue out

sneh
from ahmedabad
9 years ago

@ND oh please you are embarrassing us now lols. We may never know the truth about khajurao since no one here is an expert. But do keep in mind that Hindu religion is the most documented religion in the world so it should not be difficult to find the true essence of khajurao if only interferences could be minimised. Regarding theory I proposed above, I got to hear it from a person of good authority so am pretty satisfied with the explanation since it fits into similar statues in other cultures. It is sad to see people still getting confused over some of the most oldest basic things to man or woman, sex

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

The best part of this topic is that it is like a coming of age for indiblogger. I remember the censor-code in this forum blankin gout words like 'sex' from discussions earlier. Hope the indi-team doesn't reactivate that censorship code once this contest is done.

It's an interesting topic and bloggers are getting opportunity to get over their inhibition and talk about sex without being evasive about it. 

Be chetan bhagat's or most books on love, pms is definitely in with detailed descriptions! All minors have all access to such books. What difference can reading a 500 word blog post do ? But I agree with the statement made here "write responsibly".

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Sex is sex irrespective of religion, culture, country or whatever. Pre marital or post, it always been in existence from ages. There is nothing wrong in speaking about it. As Ekta said-"write responsibly" as nandini said-" your views on forum can make a good blog post" few are even feeding someone to come up with a good/winning post.

i think you have already plotted a plot. kudos. best wishes.Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

as nandini said-" your views on forum can make a good blog post"

ah..did i say that? i said write wat u r wrting in forum in ur blogs insteadWink

I don't get the topic at all. Why is this even up for discussion? I understand that we're not judging but simply writing about it. My understanding is that the the simple act of discussing this presupposes that

0. there is some cultural significance about sex (there isn't folks, it's a genetic and biological coding in all animals.

1. there is something immoral about sex between "unmarried" people.

2. That a "marriage" which is a "go around th fire", "sign the papers", "feed the neighbours" ritual somehow makes it ok to have sex.

3. That there is one group of people who can deem themselves responsible and empowered to judge and / or rule on who can have sex with whom and when.

4. #3 above, if you extend that thinking, will lead to some rishimuni, or other religious / political leader being empowered to rule on such matters

5. #4 above will almost certainly mean that the lot of women will become one of second class citizens. All the hoo hah about rape ? You can forget about it. Men will call the shots.

If the women still insist on supporting such nonsense, I don't want to see them writing about the horrors of rape. How can you separate the two? If you strip it down to the basics, they are both about someone deciding when you can have sex and with whom.

By all means write and win your vouchers. Lose the battle for gender fairness.

Bye all - I am leaving this post be. ( Do I detect a collective sigh of relief? ) Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

it's a genetic and biological coding in all animals

I don't know how related it is but I want to share something. Read each question slowly, think about the answer and only then move on to the next question.

"Surely computers cannot be intelligent-they can do only what their programmers tell them." Is the latter statement true, and does it imply the former?

"Surely animals cannot be intelligent-they can do only what their genes tell them."Is the latter statement true, and does it imply the former?

"Surely animals, humans, and computers cannot be intelligent-they can do only whattheir constituent atoms are told to do by the laws of physics." Is the latter statement true, anddoes it imply the former?

Source: http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/ 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

@both Undecided

@ R the anology you shared is hilarious.....every human has a brain and it can think....computers cant think

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

So, it is your brain which is thinking and not you. So, it is intelligent and you are not?

The processor is the computer's brain. The processor brain is similar to the human brain but with few differences. One of them is silicon, the other is carbon. We know how one of them functions since we created it but we don't know the functioning of the other since it wasn't we humans, but God who created it.

Cool

#okleaveit

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

#iwin Cool

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

#duh

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I am highly disappointed with the IndiTeam. On one hand, there is NSDF, Milaap, Babli etc and on the other hand Bacardi and this contest.

Now, I have a doubt. Will there be atleast a single post in the winners list which doesn't support the views of the author?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

wat was wrong with Bacardi?

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Annaa, whats wrong with this? Explanation please!!!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

ND Failures are the stepping stones to success. Bacardi is the stepping stone to alcohol addiction.

All those who drink bacardi must be made to attend yoga classes for a month (They do this in our college for those who are found drinking and smoking) Money mouth

Knitha Read my blog post (essay) which will be up on my blog very soon. InnocentLaughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

kuch bhiUndecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

kuch bhi nahi. keval ye hi Undecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

breezer is not alchohol...so kuch bhiUndecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

breezer contains alcohol. Laughing

yahi Undecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

merely 1-2% is not called 'contains' alchohol

so kuch bhiUndecided i had breezer...it doesnt even give a high like thumsup...its just flavoured water

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Alcohol is bad influence, talking about sex is bad.... so shall we request IB to start campaign like write about mata jagaran? 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

mata jagaran? 

sneh
from ahmedabad
9 years ago

Ranjith don't get what the disappointment is about. How can nature of contests reflect on indi team since contests are identities mutually exclusive of each other?

I am just glad for the contests, I have gone into blogger limbo and just writing for contests nowadays

Anuja
Anuja
from Bangalore
9 years ago

It is not about just Yes? or no ?, It is about Yes? or NO? based on the situations or reasons behind pre-mariatal sex.

I did not understand what you said.

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I too :)

i understood

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

IB/PMS can select and send Vouchers to some of the bloggers' comment over here instead of URL/blog post on said date. He he heee Cool.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

:)) then i shud begin contributing tooTongue out

anyways...sab log thread pe hi likhoge to blog pe kya likhoge?

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

@ ND, you already begun and said reasonably which is qualified for voucher - it is not IB decision but my opinion Tongue out.

Ho sakta hai blog mein 'real' experience likhenge Cool.

Swadhin Agrawal
Swadhin Agrawal
from Sonepur
9 years ago

Can I write the post on my blog and on-index the post. That too at a back date because the topic is not of my niche? Please reply ASAP

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

People talking about natural thing and animal extincts...I think most of the animals are polygamous. A bit puzzled. Undecided Foot in mouth

Does something going on for ages has to be right ? Foot in mouth

Though I feel it's subjective and one can do whatever they want. It is a personal choice. 

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Just to remind you all, in stone age, there was no such thing as marraige system- unless Dr. Subramanium swamy finds something funny. We're all the bi-product of what happened back then. Only difference? You get an instruction manual now. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

were u there in stone age to say that with confidence?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

@both =)) :P

yo, ts, sophisticated ones,Laughing

+++

You weren't there when the scriptures were written either, how can you be convinced (a) why they were written (b) who wrote them (c) they are the originals and npot been modified along the way by unscrupulous people...

.... How can you believe in one but not the other, Nandini?

It is about personal choice.... everybody else should butt out and get themselves a life ( and / or a life partner ). I just had my 30th wedding anniversary, so I do know something about marriage. Considerably more than some of the poeple here who have not been married at all.

To understand pre-marital or extra-marital you have first dissect the meaning of the "marital" portion. What is marriage? What is it's significance and purpose?

Nandini said I am imposing my thinking. I am not. I am saying I do not follow dogma blindly  or through superstition. I think for myself and I think people should too. If they don't want to and abdicate that responsibility, if they voluntarily hand over their freedom to some one else, that's their problem.I disagree, but it's their life and their welcome to the consquences.

I don't and won't have some tell me how I should feel and what I should or should not do. I have firm convictions.

they are - not their...

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

you are not getting a simple thing ---- if i want to follow all dogmas/superstitions in the world...its my wish...i''ll follow watever i want...i cant have someone telling me oh dont follow this or that, this is superstiion/dogma........same way you wont like me telling u..pls follow this dogma/superstion/culture or watever....would you? when you talk about personal choice...if someone choose dogma..its their personal choice...get the drift? when you write --- I don't and won't have some tell me how I should feel and what I should or should not do.  it works both ways...i too dont and wont have someone tell me how i should feel blah blah complete the sentence.

regarding TS's comment...i merely asked him....did i say i believe any scriptures? arent u imagining a whole paragraph there...assuming all kinds of things .

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yes. I was there.Actually, we're from another planet 75k light years away from here. But we created robots who created synthetic living beings that infiltrated our original planet of origin. They accessed the nukes in that planet, bombed each other. Invaded the planet. Luckily we were a species back then that somewhat mastered interstellar travel and faster than light travel. With an outdated warship that was supposed to be decommissioned along with few other civilian ships, we eventually found a planet called earth which sadly was also nuked in similar conditions 250k years before theirs were- only difference is that there were no survivors. Things happened and eventually they found this planet in random at the time the warship couldn't be further used for deep space travelling. as a humours gesture, they named this planet earth- but found indigenous species that mostly showed the same physical traits and dna structure, intelligence. Its just that they didn't have any instruction manual. They decided to cast off their technology by pre-programing the computers of the ships to fly it towards the sun. So you see, of all the things that they should have retained- faster than light travel, advanced computing, technology that beyond what we know now and medical science, we retained the instruction manual and shoved everything towards the sun. So...yeah. Let's not be THAT proud. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I heard that one cannot travel faster than light. Innocent It one can, then light from a torch light can illuminate the space around you even before you switch it on. Surprised

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

@Ranjith: no no. That's JJ Abrams version of Star Trek. He's absolutely rubbish. That's pure fiction. There were no redundant lens flares in space either. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

TS....did they have pre marital in that planet 75k light years away ???

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I don't know what this Star Trek is. I read the torch thing in my Physics text book Foot in mouth

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

They had virtual reality ND. Hook up via a setup, have your entire consciousness and body online. One can do whatever they want as long as its mutual. Complete physical response can be felt on one's body, but only done online. No fuzz, no wasting time and one can leave in the middle of it. But back then, there was less fuzz. Lesser border issues. Lesser redundant laws. No multiple countries. The planet was divided into 12 colonies. representatives of the 12 colonies vote for a president of the entire planet. It was done for convenience rather than to go around morality. 

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I would be more concerned about those robots if I were you. They're still out there, looking for us to wipe us to extinction. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

o.O   btw...wats the diff between u and subramanium swami? he writes fantasies...u write sci-fi :|

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

#1, I dont wear Lungi.#2. I am not a doctor. I am The Sorcerer.#3. I have documented proof.  

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I am ok with writing about sex and all but only question is can I get something nice instead of that book - maybe Flipkart voucher of equivalent value say?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

=)) +1000! Laughing If I write a post for this, I will mail the IndiTeam asking them not to send me the book Money mouth

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
9 years ago

=))=))=))=))=))=))

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

u r refusing a book...why why why......u may discover some secrets u dunt know yetWink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

useless secrets =))

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
9 years ago

R, how do you know they are useless? Tongue outWink

SUJATA TAWDE
SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Has anybody read d BOOK ? is is kinda Durjoy Dutta or ?

LockSign in to reply to this thread