Contest: The Perfect Road Trip!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Describe your idea of the perfect road trip. You can choose your car, your companions, the route and the destination. The most memorable road trips win Samsung Galaxy S4s!

Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=83

Replies 21 to 40 of 232 Descending
Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
10 years ago

i know writing in Hindi is not so encouraging in IB COntests (though i won once in Hindi), Can we write in Hindi for this contest

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes, you can write in Hindi for all IndiContests unless it is explicitly specified that only entries in english are allowed.

Arish Dhawan
Arish Dhawan
from Chandigarh
10 years ago

Is it a compulsion to use a car as the vehicle? [since ambi pur cannot be used in a bike or something]

Bhargav Kesavan
from New York City
10 years ago

I've this same question too Laughing

The entry I've submitted is a roadtrip by bike, that too by my friend's bike Tongue out

Bhargav Kesavan
Bhargav Kesavan
from New York City
10 years ago

Just when my friend was bugging me to write about our trip to Ooty in my travelogue blog, that was an year back; I'd received this lovely email on June 21.  It was fun when I'd recollected my memory about our roadtrip to write Smile

Just waiting to read about others trip as well Wink

Bhargav Kesavan
Bhargav Kesavan
from New York City
10 years ago

Ranjith / Punit -> Could you pl address Arish's & My query above? Should I change my name to other gender to get a quick reply Wink

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

That Car or Bike question?

Contest page says it should be a Car trip. So, I left the question for @Renie

Btw just for a bike/car trip - I wont suggest a gender change Wink =))

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Once you choose your gender during registration at IB, you can't change it. Wink=))

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

@R: (1) he is talking about changing the name to other gender and not about changing the gender in the records of IB.Cool

(2) And as the registered-gender by an IB member is only accessible to IB team, and this is why we find it difficult to figure-out men-to-women rato from the winners' list.Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

(1) I thought that he was saying - IndiTeam responds faster to female bloggers. Foot in mouth

(2) Default Profile picture of men is blue coloured and for women, it is brown coloured. Cool The problem arises when they use a gravatar that doesn't have their photo but some scene/image and  they use their blog name as their IB profile name. 

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

R: (1) but he mentioned your name Laughing

(2)but they don't show any mark on DPWink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

( 1 ) OK

( 2 ) But still, if they haven't uploaded their gravatar, you can find whether the blogger if male / female by looking at the DP. Innocent

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

but a majority of winners use gravator and those who use symbolic dp and weird id create the confusion.Frown

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes.

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

No replies from Bhargav? Innocent Any special reason Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

We didn't give him a chance to speak. Tongue out

Bhargav Kesavan
from New York City
10 years ago

Thanks for the response guys! (Thanks for making 'total damage' comments to my question Laughing )

Mamata Patil
Mamata Patil
from Gurgaon
10 years ago

Yesterday, I recieved the Ambi Pur sample Smile

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
10 years ago

oh love this one !

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Well, is it a BMS voucher or a PVR voucher @Renie? PVR is difficult to redeem especially in Kolkata! 

Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Can I submit the post while travelling on the BIKE via my Samsung Galaxy S4? Although my road trip was on a brand new Maruti 800 carCool

Stuti Shrimali
Stuti Shrimali
from Mumbai
10 years ago

bookmyshow.com vouchers ll serve the purpose.. that way ppl / winners can choose the theatre of their choice.

btw loving this new topic to write on......ROAD Trip.. whoa \m/

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
10 years ago
Should it be a real trip that we have gone or it can be an imaginary trip on how we wish our trip to be.... I think it should be the latter. But still I would like to get my doubts cleared before I start writing for this :D
Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

@TSw: when they say u can choose your vehicle,route and companion, this means u are free to use your imagination.

Ya, u can also add real life memoir or parts of it ,Cool

Stephen
from Raleigh
10 years ago

Yay! Avadhoot - man of the moment...thanks for your input :D Will start writing something soon...sigh!

I have a query.

One of my friends travelled along with his friends to Leh in a Toyota Innova. I was not a part of the trip but I wrote about it. Can I submit it?

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

you are not going to testify in the court  dude Cool 

go ahead, You are supposed to showcase your writing skills.

use that content with proper modifications so that it suits the requirement of the contest.

Kitchen mummy
Kitchen mummy
from Kundli
10 years ago

no ambipur clip sample yet!

Sakshi Nanda
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Same here, Kitchen Mummy. :( Even though I got a call from Bangalore confirming my postal address and telling me it will be delivered in 2 working days. Thaus was many many days ago. :)

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

A friend has received it (in a week of the call for confirmation), though I am still to recieve... may be a few more days...

Aditya
Aditya
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Same here. I also got a call from Bangalore confirming my postal address.

Stuti Shrimali
Stuti Shrimali
from Mumbai
10 years ago

i got the call sm 3-4 weeks before i guess, followed by the ambipur sample aftr sm days of that call.

Bhakti
Bhakti
from Pune
10 years ago
I love the concept ,,, and this got me so excited that I am actually planning my next road trip ...
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

How many of you'll are like me - waiting for 21st to start writing your post? Sealed

Sayantini Bhattacharya
from Chakdaha
10 years ago

Me!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

im waiting for 21st to submit.

k2
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

me too waitin fr 21st.... :P

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Me too :)

Sakshi Nanda
Sakshi Nanda
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Same here. Will submit on the 21st, although post is ready. Cool Nandini, any idea when on 21st they make the other entries visible? 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

nop

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

With whatever little I know about Indi contests, dont think they will be disclosed on 21st Tongue out

And, what purpose will it solve posting on 21st, if you are ready with it? Post it, share it on social networking sites and attract readers... Btw, I am still struggling to complete the write-up...a fictional one this time!

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Display of entries & Closing of contest time is same - @ 11:59 PM on 21/7/13.

Sakshi Nanda
Sakshi Nanda
from New Delhi
10 years ago

OK. Punit. Soon as you complete yours and share it, let me know. I will follow suit. Laughing I have a feeling you will be posting on the 21st too. 

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

If I be able to write it tonight, I will submit it tomorrow...Will update Cool

Roasted Papad
Roasted Papad
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Road Trip- There cannot be a better topic to write on for a consultant who spends most of this time travelling. But the thread is missing something- the roar. I guess everyone is waiting for 21st.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Earlier when the entries were made visible before the last date, there was a chance to predict if the contest gets extended by looking at the number of entries entries. But now, no chance.Cry

I'll be very happy if the contest gets extended. Undecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i wont be happy if its extended after i submit, they better extend it now itself Yell

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I feel there would be enough entries and wouldn't need any extension... @Nandini: Even if they extend the deadline after submission, just revert your entry back to draft and publish on the new deadline... 

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

I haven't seen any IB contest that has not been extened - being it deadline, results or awards' dispatch. And, I cant understand anything affecting winners' list based on when they submitted it...

LockSign in to reply to this thread