The "blogger list"

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I was going through the news and saw that every channel or newspaper brings out a list of people who have outstanding this year. There is a list of people in every field who people look up to. I felt there must a list of bloggers as well. So, I've started this thread.

Just tell which blogger has influenced you or the blogger which you think should be on this list with your reasons.

Earnings is definitely a point to judge but not the only one. As in general tech bloggers here earn more. You can take any factor to give your suggestion like popularity, impact on bloggers, impact on society etc.

Let's create the list. :-) :D

#Please don't put links in your comment. Those comments will be removed by IP.

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: Edits
First 1-20
21-24
Replies 21 to 24 of 24 Descending

I'm known as a chatter so far, not a blogger. Frown

So sad.

Your time will come too, when you will be known as a blogger Tongue out

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

First of all, thanks to everyone who found me to be a candidate, good enough to be in their list of bloggers to be influenced by.

Well, for me, to name a few would be unjust to a lots of others who've inspired me throughout my about two year journey through blogging. Though, more of it has been spent chatting here on IndiTalk, or looking for someone to chat with, again here on IndiTalk (Uselessly, though, useful at times). So, I'm not going to name a few people. I have been inspired by people doing stuffs they are good at, and that helps one in the long run. Some are good at tech, some are good at putting emotions in words, and as I was whining on IndiTalk a few days back, I and r (Ranjith) are not good enough to put up emotions in words. Maybe, r, still is, but I'm yet to discover if I possess that quality or not. Just that's the reason, I'm yet to send my story that I promised Pankti to guest post on her blog.

You guys have been a faceless mob, trying to help almost everyone out, whenever one needs help. As Knitha, has rightly said in her reply on this thread, someone or the other, in here, is always there to help one out, and we've (call us IndiBloggers/IndiChatters/IndiTalkers, whatever you like *no explatives please) formed connections, without knowing even names at times (like just I today came to know Parichita's real name, that too when I asked for it over IndiMail). Most of us (including me) are too shy to post our real pictures in our DP's, so, a lot of us, in this faceless mob, are actually faceless, to a lot of us. Like, no one has seen me, no one knows Ranjith (though, we all know that he's the Teddy Boy), and I guess I don't really recall seeing TF's photo as well, and I don't really believe that the photo Sarma (Narasimha Sharma Veturi) has put on as his profile picture, to be him Tongue out. I think I can vouch for some of them to fight for me, if this some angry mob plans to beat me up, others, I'm sure will be in that angry mob)

Some senior bloggers like Ajesh sir, Arvind sir and Rio sir have recently been known to me (though, I'll confess having not read all, except Ajesh sir, a bit). I like their attitude towards the other fellow bloggers, which, I believe they quite well know are much younger to them (considering all their children are adults now, I hope). This is another of the things worth being inspired from.

Most of all, I love the overall environment on IndiBlogger, a blogging forum, where people talk all sorts of things, even plan out tackling contests, giving and taking bribes... err... talking business, even from a rival blogging forum (BA).

There are people whose writing inspires me to read (otherwise, I quite dread reading, no wonder I am something like :-/, and :-?, and :-O, and (:| when author and book names start featuring on IndiTalk, except Poonaam Uppal and her PMS book, which I've heard quite a lot to even dare asking it for free, leave alone buying and reading, in case you were wondering). And I guess, for me, these people are good enough to write such things to make me crave and yearn for more of their writings.

Then there are a few people who've influenced me with their photography skills. I still remember some winning post from the borosil contest. Absolutely mindblowing photography. There are some others who post pictures on their blogs, be it travelogues, personal or photography blogs. Some do it the best possible way, some the exact opposite. I'm not trying to criticize people, but, seeing bad pictures is a real turn off, especially, when you're posting those pictures online, and sharing with the entire world.

There are a few more who've been constantly been made butt of jokes. These people too are worth taking an inspiration from, as to how sportingly they take on the jokes and let them pass by without being offended. Do I need to name them? I guess no. IndiTalkers can very well guess who these people are. In case you are not an IndiTalker yet and you need to know and get inspired from these people, you can take a seat in the IndiTalk arena, which is free. Make sure you leave your ego out on the chair you're sitting in right now, before taking a chair in the IndiTalk arena, or you might end up getting offended.

Then there are some tech blogs, which I rarely visit these days, which stand apart from the rest of the league of copy-pasters and re-hashers. Visiting such sites gives you impression of these bloggers having a good enough authority on the niche they blog in.

And then there are some aalsi bloggers (including me) who start a blog, and then forget putting content on it, and at times, let their work done over a couple of months go wasted because they couldn't manage the time to keep their blogs alive.

All those who're behind the scenes of IndiBlogger providing us a platform to interact and earn. Then the IndiPolice members as we, who silently do their stuff.

Ah, finally an essay. It had been quite a long time since I posted an essay here on IB. People had forgot for my essays.:))

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I'll read this essay tommorrow after going to RK Cry

YOu could have posted it on your blog, submitted it on Indivine, and post the link again on this thread. That would not be an SSP+

and I ensure, the picture I put up on my profile is actually me. That was a selfie taken 6 years ago, with a Sony Ericsson W580i Mobile Phone

Finally, finished reading the essay Tongue out

You are back with a vengeance Wink

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Sarma, then, I guess, I have no other option, but to believe you.:P

Bushra M
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Surprised

Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

Woah! That was nice Laughing 

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

An essay that was worth reading. :)

And now I must insist... do read at least one post on my blog in 2015, so that the 'I haven't read any post' jinx is broken. :)

As one of the senior bloggers, ( hang on a second, while I get my walker setup so I can get to my glass of prune juice... ah, ok, I'm back ), I'm chuffed that CK has read some of my posts and found them enjoyable.

There was a time when I felt IB was not working out for me. Then I discovered a host of people ( or rather they were provoked my post about leaving into discovering me ) At the end of all that discovery, we all discovered a few things about each other we hadn't discovered before.

Some of these folks have gone on to sent me friend requests on FB and I've been honoured to accept those requests.

At the end of the day, I may be senior in age, but not in the tech behind the blog, the ability to churn out posts for every prompt that I see here. I'm a selfish blogger, in that I set up the blog to teach me to write, so that I could get on with my book. I have learned lessons, practised the craft of writing and made some friends.

Win!

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

How could such an important thread be complete without one of CK's legendary essays?

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

wow.....I didn't read all of this but copy-pasters caught my eye. I don't copy-paste, but I am YOUR source for PC Tech and gaming news, reviews, previews aand recommendations! :D

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Tongue out

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Luckily CK didn't write about me in this essay, I am escaped.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Anand Shimpi. Hands down. But then he joined Apple, Anandtech is sold to a company that handles toms' hardware- so the inner child in me sort of died. Followed by Cameron Wilmot, the now-defunct VR-Zone fellows. In India, medianama inspired me. They really know how to catch company's wildly swinging tongues but they analyze things in a very neutral manner no matter how stupid the situation looks like. Its not easy to maintain that neutral mindset. I inspire a lot of people, mostly non writers/reviewers/bloggers type. But for some reason they get pissed off when they get inspired! :P 

First 1-20
21-24
LockSign in to reply to this thread