Get Published

C. Suresh
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
10 years ago

It is three months to the day (as far as I know) since the results of the "Get Published" contest winners of Harper-Collins were declared. The stories were supposed to go through a process of re-writes through to publication. I am curious about when that book is expected to be out. Any idea, anyone?

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: typo
First 1-20
21-25
Replies 21 to 25 of 25 Descending
Dr Debmita Dutta
Dr Debmita Dutta
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Dear Anoop 

Thank you for the update.

It really makes the wait much easier.

I will wait patiently to be assigned a mentor then.

The wait is not a problem but it would be very nice to be updated periodically.

However now that you say that all those who feature on the winners list need not be worried and will surely make it to the book - I am very very relieved.

Thanks again

Nilanjana Bose
Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
10 years ago

Dear Anoop,

Would very much appreciate if you can post an update on this forum once all the bloggers have their mentors assigned and any further scheduling, if decided.

Thanks very much for all your help, as always.

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Well, I think this contest (or whatever it's called) was done over a year ago and still there's no book in sight! Phew!!!!! IMO, finding a publisher on your own and getting your book published (if you are a good writer) would have taken considerably less time than this! Anyway, best of luck to all the winners!

Nilanjana Bose
Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
9 years ago

More than a year since the results, more than 5 months since the last status communicated on this forum.  Would greatly appreciate an update. Thanks.

Nilanjana Bose
Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
9 years ago

I am just wondering why no-one, neither from HCI nor from IB is responding to any requests for info anywhere on this.  I seem to be getting several emails on all contests except the one I actually participated in and won!  Forum heroes, IB admins, hello, anyone listening?  doesn't the query deserve the courtesy of an acknowledgement even?  Really disheartening.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

other members wouldnt know about it...only indi-admins ( the superior ones not the indi police ) would know...i'm surprised the book is taking so long

Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
9 years ago

Not directed at ordinary members, Nandini.  Thanks for your understanding.

First 1-20
21-25
LockSign in to reply to this thread