Any Bibliophile here?

Brown Potato
Brown Potato
from Pune
7 years ago
Hi!! I am new to this site. I am an occasional blogger and consider myself to be an avid reader. Like most bookworms, i love starting my day online with GoodReads. I generally blog about the books that i read and like. Also i like blogging about movies with niche plots like food, literary classics etc. I am currently reading: Theodore Boone - Abduction by John Grisham Brutal by Uday Satpathy Dracula by Bram Stoker Francis Samagra (Bangla) by Anil Bhowmik Which books are you reading? And do you blog about books?
First 1-20
21-26
Replies 21 to 26 of 26 Descending
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
7 years ago

Nice to see a bibliophile thread. Returning to the Indiforum after what feels like ages (and possibly might be). Love to read, and I still consider myself a voracious reader. I'm reading Theodor Boone - The Scandal at present. :) 

Felicia
Felicia
from Delhi
7 years ago

One of the reasons why I joined Goodreads was for their giveaways. Back in 2008, I got many great books from those giveaways. However, as the number of users has increased many folds now, those have become hard to win. I won books from authors like Sandra Brown. I rely on libgen and freebookspot for ebooks. 

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Hello Brown Potato! I don't write book reviews and neither am I  a bookworm. But I like reading books at my own pace, kind of slow reader who has picked up the pace only recently! :) I am currently reading The fault in our stars. And finished 'No man is an island' by Ruskin Bond before that. I really loved that one, short stories based on friendship and bonding, emphasizing on the human values and goodness in life. Have you read that book? I would love to have some recommendations for similar kind of books.

The usual suspects in this genre are Malgudi Days and any other RK Narayan book. Bond himself wrote a ton of them and you can pick up any book written by him to find any and all values you mentioned.

If you still want to feel good, try Khushwant Singh also, he wrote a good one in Train to Pakistan. Also Khaled Hosseini is not bad at all, probably a bit soapy, but effective if you want to feel 10 pounds heavier.

I'd also add Shantaram to this list. Definitely soapy and terribly feel-good

Kiren
Kiren
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Happy Birthday by meghna pant. a collection of short stories celebrating the complex, mysterious inner lives of our fellow human beings is a great read. 

HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
from KOLKATA
7 years ago

Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel.

pranju chakrapani
pranju chakrapani
from Assam
7 years ago
You can count me as an avid reader. If by the the end of the day, I do not find an hour to lie down and read a novel, I get nightmares of that book's characters becoming zombies and running after my life. So yes Brown potato (btw a very nice name) I love reading novels, especially fictions. I am active over goodreads, but rarely do I write reviews over there as I keep my reviews exclusive to my blog.

First 1-20
21-26
LockSign in to reply to this thread