HH: How about Amazon.in Vouchers? Also, what to buy (need ideas!!)

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

Thanks to IB Happy Hours, we've all been getting a few Flipkart vouchers of late. I like Flipkart, but I am confused about what to buy??

If it was Amazon.in voucher, I would have bought many eBooks to read on my Kindle. Plus all electronics and home improvmenet stuffs are available on Amazon.in too. So why not Amazon.in vouchers?  

Please choose Flipkart vs Amazon.in (or some other) below. Let's see which e-comm site is most popular.

Also, while you are there, please suggest some interesting things to buy from Flipkart. Let's see if something catches my (and your) fancy Smile Vouchers ko khatam karna padega na?!!

First 1-20
21-33
Replies 21 to 33 of 33 Descending
KAJAL MAJHI
KAJAL MAJHI
from Mahanad
8 years ago

no doubt , Flipkart is best :) I am saving the vouchers to buy my first camera :)

Snapdeal

Advantage: Good variety and lesser price for some products, not all. 

Disadvantage: Only one voucher can be used per purchase. 

Flipkart

Disadvantage: Cannot combine products of multiple sellers in one voucher.

Advantage: Just everything else.

Amazon

Advantage: I assume products of multiple sellers can be combined in one voucher (Not sure)

Disadvantage: I've seen prices are a little higher in Amazon, but it differs with products.

For now, Iam happy with Flipkart. I wouldn't mind Amazon vouchers too. 

With HH vouchers, I've mostly bought electronics - wall tv, laptop, mp3 player, speakers, digital photo frame, sd cards, roti maker, LED lamps, power bank, 1TB hard drive and children's books and toys. New fitness equipments are introduced in flipkart. You can think of good speakers or headsets since you listen to ebooks. Other good options are camera and travel accessories. There are also online courses and online tests offered by Flipkart. 

sonia kundra singh
sonia kundra singh
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

bought shoes, toys and clothes fr myself from the vouchers. It was fun shopping!! Yes, flipkart is not so versatile when it comes to Amazon. But as long as you get vouchers i am indi happy

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
8 years ago

It's hard to choose between Flipkart and Amazon.  I love both. Window shopping is very important before buying a fashion product online and that's what I hate about Amazon - It's pretty boring to window shop over there! 

So what I do is I shop for fashion and exclusive stuff like Moto G etc. from Flipkart  and other stuff from Amazon. Any number of vouchers can be clubbed in Amazon, that's another plus point. Also, Amazon has gift vouchers from Cleartrip, Big Bazaar, Shoppers Stop - This I love! :D

So basically Flipkart and Amazon, both are awesome!!

Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

Thanks for letting us know about the gift vouchers for other e-commerce sites available in amazon. Might be useful to me, will check. 

Shivam Ratnani
Shivam Ratnani
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I think Amazon is awesome, but I've been saving up flipkart vouchers to buy something big so wouldn't mind more of it! :PI think such vouchers should be used to buy stuff which we would normally not spend much money for! Like collectibles, maybe. Unless you need a certain set of products that you didn't save up for. :)

Jenifer Fernando
Jenifer Fernando
from Tuticorin
8 years ago

Amazon .. I can buy loads of ebooks.

Vivek Rastogi
Vivek Rastogi
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Can't buy Kirana online (Phew..)

Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

Well, you can buy groceries online. Sites like bigbasket.com, naturesbasket.co.in, localbanya.com, etc. do offer grocery items. But they are restricted to a few cities and we can't use Flipkart/Amazon vouchers there!!

Shravan
Shravan
from India
8 years ago

Sorry to bump this old thread. Found it now. Can't we request IB to issue Amazon vouchers (if most of the members agree to it)?

There aren't many contests going around right now Tongue out

Shravan
Shravan
from India
8 years ago

Yeah but whenever they launch new contests or happy hours....Laughing

Clementia DSouza
Clementia DSouza
from Mumbai
8 years ago

One thing I never like about vouchers, is the fact that since you know u have a voucher, you end up spending or should I say wasting alot of time deciding what to buy.

Unless you already know what your buying or saving up for :)

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

You can buy a washing machine, refridgerator, mixie, iron box etc. and give and help your house maid to use them at your home, at least :P. If you have already those gadgets then still doesn’t matter, they are helpful at anytime, so, buy them for future use. Or, if you wanted something just for you then go ahead with Smartphone (precisely Samsung S7 – today’s launch), powerbank, manicure or pedicure and so on. #justanidea. Nothing official about it. Laughing

Priyanka Roy Banerjee
Priyanka Roy Banerjee
from Pune
8 years ago

You want ideas on what to buy?! Last year, me and my better half accumulated 14k of HH vouchers, added Rs 800 cash and bought an iphone 4S from Flipkart. One year and it's still working well. Not bad, i think. You can try other gadgets, shoes, perfumes, loads of books at least, watches. 

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

If you're doing voice over videos in YT or running a podcaster, Rode Podcaster USB microphone is a good choice. 

Rajni sinha
Rajni sinha
from nagpur
8 years ago

Have been updating my kitchen -----from induction cook top to air fryer to table cloth , juicer, cutlery , Tandoor , ---- gifts for the family shoes, shirts , hndbags bedsheets blankests pillows ---everything from Flipkart -- courtsey HH vouchers THankyou I B 

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Smart move.

First 1-20
21-33
LockSign in to reply to this thread