Announcing the all new IndiVine 2.0!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

It's finally here - thanks to everyone's ideas, inputs and suggestions here, we're super happy to bring you the new IndiVine! Freak out and fill up the categories with your blog posts - and vote away! Smile

As always, you guys will be instrumental in IndiVine's development, and the next few days are crucial while the system stabilizes. Do send in any bugs or feedback you have so we can track everything on this topic.

A special thanks to Vipul Grover and the gang who pushed us to do this. Personally, I think it's something IndiBlogger badly needed - a fact I never would have realized if not for the forum!

For those with questions about how it works, do read the faqs.

First 1-20
21-34
Replies 21 to 34 of 34 Descending
Vipul Grover
Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

Evry othr thing aside, i mst share this cmmnt frm a blogger buddy aftr he read an old post of mine thru IndiVine..

Thanks to Indivine I feel I have discovered a gold mine of sorts truly... I "discovered" this one there itself..

Its so true.. Thnx 2 IndiVine, evn I've come across some very interesting posts by my blogger buddies that they postd b4 I bacame regular on their blog. I wud hav nvr read these but for Indivine.. Though its true, till now i hv cncntratd more on my frnd's posts..  I'll soon venture out 2 the whole Blogosphere Smile

3 cheers to IndiVine!!

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hip Hip....!

Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Hurray! Smile

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

Hey Renie, u jus got stuck in d hips i blive Wink

Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
14 years ago

* doing the bangra!*

Sanjay Uvach
Sanjay Uvach
from Patna
14 years ago

Thanks Vipul for lending your expert hand. So Reinie what say you..

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Next / Last links added to the homepage... will look into the random sorting as well!

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

Thumbs Up :)

Sanjay Uvach
Sanjay Uvach
from Patna
14 years ago

Thanks Renie for adding the 'Next' button to 'Latest' . Look forward to the 'random suggestion' and/or scrolling list. Meanwhile my solitary post has got 3 votes May be I'll include th rest of my posts too.

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

yeah do tht.. Keep on adding :)

Maya
Maya
from Unknown
14 years ago

hi renie,

The problem is fixed man. Thanks a lot for that.

I have another query. i somehow missed filling the teags for a particular article man. is there anyway i can edit that.

This might be helpful for others too man.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Will have some basic editing options in a week or so - want to see how the system performs first! Smile

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

1000+ posts added in 2 days!!! Surprised This I did not expect!!! Laughing

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

Xpct d unxpctd.. Laughing

Maya
Maya
from Unknown
14 years ago

he renie. cool job man. u been doing a great job. how do we get ratings man.

only one post of mine has not got added man. thats the one creating problems from yesterday. dont know the problem.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Could you guys take a look at the IndiVine home page? I wasn't too convinced about random posts being put up on the homepage, that too ones with low votes... I think that by default, the homepage has to have the top posts on top, or else it loses it's value. So now, we have the top posts submitted in the last 48 hours by default. Let me know if this refreshes the cycle well enough!

Ravi Lobo
from Wisconsin
14 years ago

First - Thank you Indivine. You guys have given my blog a great exposure.

I just found that one of my posts is at top in 48 hour list! Thanks a lot for that.

However I feel 48 hours is a very short period. Can it be made 1 week? 48 hours look fine for frequent posters/or for small posts.

I write 1 post per month. And I put considerable amount of energy in creating these posts. I am not a blogger in true sense. I write short stories and articles. I am sure there are other people like me, whose aim is not just scribbling anything daily.

Two day window is very narrow.

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

I still feel atleast for one month, only RANDOM option should b available.. depending upon whichevr algo u may find right giving all posts their 20 minutes of fame. Then suddenly aftr a month, Latest and Popular may b reintroduced while keeping the Random there though not default.

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

Plus features prsnt on Homepage should b same as those on othr pages..

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Thank you Ravi! Smile

Hmmm.... the issue is that if someone posts on IndiVine, they'll have to wait a good 7 days before they have a chance of getting votes... that can get discouraging... with 48 hrs the cycle is refreshed faster, gives people more of a chance!

Sanjay Uvach
Sanjay Uvach
from Patna
14 years ago

Hi Renie, Love the Top posts in last 48 hours feature. Kudos to your fasr response!!

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Thats great! Congratulations.. i am still waiting for a indiblogger rank for my blog :)

http://mohanbn.com/blog/

aativas
aativas
from Delhi
14 years ago

How to correct spelling mistake once the post is submitted? For example I wrote 'Andrha Flavor' instead of 'Andhra Flavor', so it shows no post. Need help Embarassed

DaisyBlue
DaisyBlue
from Chennai
14 years ago

Its strange.. I was unable to reply here from Google Chrome Surprised

DaisyBlue
from Chennai
14 years ago

Indivine was down since I joined here..I was able to look into this today & wow its cool !

So many categories & so many posts.. had my share in there as well..

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

I think Google Chrome 3 has some issues, we'll be testing it shortly. Smile

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Anyone have any ideas on how to encourage voting on IndiVine?

Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

i saw this feature on another blog traffic improvement site, wherein every account gets points for any activity conducted on the site.

Similarily, we can have something on similar lines on indiblogger. Here is how it will work:

1) for every movie reviewed, the person gets some points

2) for every indivine vote, the person recieves points.

3) for every indiblogger of the month vote, the person recieves points

and so and on so forth. So thus for every activity, there is different weightage and different points are awarded. The persons with top points, get their blogs advertised either on some other sites or on the indiblogger home page itself. In order to avoid early members from getting a headstart, the points should be reset to zero every month or two. this would bring about more activity on the forum. The only thing to watch out for is that people dont post spam in order to generate more points.

How about this? :)

http://adityasmoviereviews.blogspot.com/

Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

sorry not movie reviewed, but blog reviewed. Happens due to reviewing movies too much. :D

Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

not a good idea?

Aditya Tibrewala
Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Another thing, if a post is not promoted and has a '0' value assigned to it, yet some blogs come out first before others. On what basis is that happening? Is it chronological?

First 1-20
21-34
LockSign in to reply to this thread