Ranking Methodology for IndiVine Posts

Shantinath Chaudhary
Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Do you thing, the Ranking methodology in IndiVive is right???? Why should it be based on a blogger's IndiRank?? Shouldn't it be solely based on the no. of votes a post gets?? Isn't it kind of discrmination with newer bloggers?? Shouldn't the deserving post be ranked better??

In the present methodology, the ranking of the post submitted in Indivine, depends on IndiRank of the blogger. Like, if I have an IndiRank of 30, then 6 people voting for me means I get 6*1.3= 8(approximated) Hearts.

So is this right thing???

First 1-20
21-34
Replies 21 to 34 of 34 Descending
abhishek khanna
abhishek khanna
from Delhi
13 years ago

yeah, remove contest posts from the regular posts.. its kind of boring to be forced to read such posts

http://www.thefurobiker.com/

Pratik
Pratik
from Mumbai
13 years ago

So when will the next rank be updated ? 

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I guess in mid NovemberTongue out

sulagna
sulagna
from pune
13 years ago

guys i agree the ranks do play a good role in boosting our confidence and i say this because i know how awesome it feels to have someones "likes" on your post..apart from that, i have noticed certain blogs are too technical , may not be upto my liking but really good for other who know the value of it. The same way my mush writing would disgust some completely...i guess the bottom line is if we can make our posts enjoyable, and genuinely get people to read them, instead of the ranks displayed on our blogs(which by the way is really cool too.

Thanks 

Sulagna

eshwar
eshwar
from bangalore
13 years ago

yeah even i feel the same...

another glitch is that my blog has improved a lot now but my indirank has gone down!! i dont find any logic in this....!!

http://blazingcolours.blogspot.com/

santoshbangar
santoshbangar
from delhi
13 years ago

hi

fromwhere i apply for indi ranking. what i have to do .advice.......

Okay! People please don't mind but this is what i think according to what i've experienced.

Indivine is actually great. But there has to be some radical change in the system which can help quality posts go up the ladder even if it is from a newbie.

Honestly there are lots and LOTS of QUALITY posts which are SUPERB and deserve 10 times the number of hearts that they actually get.

Here is what happens(according to me): Most people browsing through Indivine click to view the posts of recognized bloggers who have good ranks or have made it to the front page often. They don't bother to view the posts of the other newbies out there. So they get lost in the ocean. Quality posts not getting the attention which they truly deserve is really sad.

So i think the indiblogger team should think up something nice that would solve this problem. Because honestly, this is a BIG disadvantage in the Indivine system.

I've seen IPL schedules get more hearts than wonderfully written poems and articles. Now THAT... is not good. Tongue out

Hope you guys think up something fast.

Anu Mantra
from New Delhi
12 years ago

true statement....wallah...agreed...

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Here is a suggesstion: The IndiBlogger team should appoint someone to read all the posts posted on IndiVine. One person for each subcategory. That will amount to a great number of reviewers I suppose some 100 or even graeter. And that person will rate the posts on a scale of 1 to 10. And the final haerts that a post gets should be calculated in this way:

Number of hearts = x + Rating given/10* x

where x= Number of votes + (Indirank of blog + Indirank of the voter (average of all blogs)/2)

Considering this option everything will be atken into account: partiallity to established members and spam votes.

My blog: 'A light hearted talk'

Karthik Parimal
Karthik Parimal
from Dayton, Ohio
12 years ago

I wonder how it really works.. if a girl is writing on no matter what topic, she gets extra votes and views Tongue out ... a girl's blog on cricket earned her more views than a genuine cricket lover blogger who was a guy Undecided

Maninder Singh
Maninder Singh
from New Delhi
12 years ago

No ranking system will always be 100% perfect and fool proof. Even Google keeps updating its ranking algo from time to time to keep in pace with latest trends and changes. However, I liked the ranking algo of giving higher weightage to the votes of blogger having higher rank. Quite in line with Google's way ...giving more weightage to the back links from high PR sites..

Barun K Sakhajee
Barun K Sakhajee
from Raipur
12 years ago

i do not know why my blog come on 46 rank some time and got some time 58 and other rank as well. please let me know what the system is there

eshwar
eshwar
from bangalore
12 years ago

now aftr this new ranking system has been intoduced our indivine points will suffer big time!!

Nikhil Poddar
Nikhil Poddar
from Kolkata
12 years ago

We should surely remove the weightage by IndiRankand keep it solely to the votes because

We believe that any ranking system should not be taken too seriously - and that is because no system can be accurate. IndiRank is built to rank the majority of Indian blogs as accurately as possible. However, please do take note:

• Not every blog applies to our algorithm, and a blog may get a rank it does not deserve.

We can do something, ie, make a line dividing the IndiVine into 2. Right side be latest. Left side be trending, or most votes.

Kedar
Kedar
from Vadodara
12 years ago

I was quite new and away from the details of indiblogger! Today got time to check this out!! It's cool!

First 1-20
21-34
LockSign in to reply to this thread