Does your family read your blog?

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

A lot of us do keep talking about friends reading our blogs, but what about family? Do they read your blog? Does that bother you or do you find it encouraging? What do they make of your entire blogging activity?

Just curious, would love to hear you out! Please share Smile

First 1-20
21-35
Replies 21 to 35 of 35 Descending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Arti, you girl... Am jealous.. I am so unable to be online here much and you are going great guns! Happy to see that you are active while we are too busy with many things and you take your timeout for our forum... Kudos!
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hehe, thank you so much and you are most welcome to take some inspiration Cool And btw, you forgot to answer any of my questions here? ;)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Yeah you know i am that guy who waits for the person to give special attention - only then I would respond Tongue outTongue outTongue out

Haha.. kidding.. yes my family does read my blogs when I forcefully make them read it... dont ask me what they say later... Innocent

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Perhaps then, from next time onwards, I should give a shout for you in the thread description itself.. What say? Tongue out

... and whatever your family might be saying, I'm sure the end results are all good otherwise the blogger in you would never have lasted this long... Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

haha.. do that dear! who does not love attention of a lovely travel blogger Laughing

true that.. they do encourage me.. but the recent Facebook scandel made them wary! not that its going to stop me, but they have become more cautious. 

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Awwww... flatterer Tongue out Thank you!

And, oh yes! Such controversies can sometimes do that to them. But we need to keep going.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

after long both of us are online :) 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I meant - online at the same time :) 

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hey! Still there? Sorry, I am multi-tasking :P

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

haha.. I am yes still here.. and me too Multi tasking :D

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
11 years ago

Hmmm another great topic for discussion, Arti.

Yes, my family does read my blog, as and when I update it, which usually happens once or twice a year ;). They are all subscribed by email.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hey Abhi, WELCOME BACK! So glad to see you here! :)

Why aren't you blogging anymore? I'm sure your family is waiting to hear from 'Be the Geek' and so are, many others here. Your presence in the blogging world is sorely missed, please... do keep blogging. :)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@ABhi yeh main kya sun raha hun? tume ne blogging chod di? Frown

abhin@v
from mumbai
11 years ago

@Arti, @Hemal, m just giving chances to other tech bloggers . If people like me, Hemal keep blogging regularly nobody would notice the other blogs ;)

On a serious note, I will try and be more, umm loyal to my "'hundreds'' of followers by posting regularly. :)

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Lol, honored to be in the great company of selfless people like you'll ! Way to go! ;)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

haha.. @abhi i like you! I learnt how to become more generous and being lazy at the same time! Tongue out

abhin@v
from mumbai
11 years ago

lol! Thanks for the motivation Arti :)

With constant effort and determination even you can get the indiranks that I have achieved :P

abhin@v
from mumbai
11 years ago

it has been 4 days since I posted here?? seems like yesterday :)

Antara
Antara
from Kharagpur
11 years ago

Well I have an Aunt who reads my blog and comments regularly...but then she is a blogger herself so it's inevitable. :P

Other than that, my parents read my blog sometimes...and this fact pretty much freaks me out, to be honest. I had once entered my dad's study to find him looking through my blog...he turned to me and suddenly smiled sheepishly and said "Oh...hi...Thought you had a new post or something".

I probably had a stricken look on my face and then, well, I ran away. :P

Other than that...a few other family members read...not very often though (thank goodness).

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Glad to see you back on the forum, Antara! :)

To have a blogger aunt in the family must be something. And yeah, our parents are often interested in what we are singing or saying, lately ;)

technophilo
technophilo
from Vellore
11 years ago

No, my parents are not computer literates but they know that I have a blog (I told them in short, blog is a place where one can place articles and visitors can read, as they don't understand the terms publishing blog, blog post, blog URL etc.,)

Till today my friends don't know that I blog ;-) I am somehow not comfortable in slef publicising my blog...

My brother is a regular reader of my blog...

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hi techno... Your case is quite similar to mine. Only one of my very close friend knows that I blog. Other than that, its me and my parents only. And I like to keep it that way. :)

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

Not my family who knows about the fact that i even blog... i use a proxy name to blog.... ;-)

Monica
Monica
from New Delhi
11 years ago

NOoooo!!!!!!!!!!! 

Im my case no one noes about this.... Laughing

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

you shoud let them know  your hidden talents..... imagine how proud they would be after knowing that their Monica is a famous blogger :P

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
11 years ago

When I told my wife that...i get paid for the ad clicks on the blog. only then.she said that she will visit my blog often ;P..otherwise the last time she read was before our marriage only..

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Good content brings in readers and good money brings in the better half Innocent Interesting!

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Haha!! Good one Unknown and Arti!!!

Prem
Prem
from Mumbai / Chennai / Pune
11 years ago

yes they do, they are one of my biggests supporters!but since the discovery that they do read my blog, I've had to rewrite a few dialogues and scene to avoid being caught in some made up lies that I've said over the years to cover up some stuff when I was in college Tongue out

The Nameless One
The Nameless One
from Mumbai
11 years ago

my family doesn't at all, but my relatives from usa and germany do and that is a hot topic of discussion at times when I speak with them. Quite ironic really.

Mirchi
Mirchi
from Bangalore
11 years ago

My family doesnt read my blog...neither they know tht I blog

Payal
Payal
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Yes, I have my very own parenting blog called Humpty Bumpty Kids and I make sure that my closest family members read it first. They are your best audience and also yout greatestcritic. Something needs to be added, deleted, unneccesary, too much info...everything, they are there to sort it out before it gets out into the world. Laughing

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

My family memebers do read my posts and they are the first readers as soon as a new post comes out of the oven.  I too value their comments.

Mayank
Mayank
from Ghaziabad
11 years ago

nobody from my friends or my family know or read my blog because they dont about it, neither i want them to know.

SaroSena
SaroSena
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Friends yes= they don't have a choice, but family= nope and I'd like for it to stay that way!

First 1-20
21-35
LockSign in to reply to this thread