IPL 5 Thread

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

IPL has been a crowd puller in lieu of the 20 over format.  I believe the interest seems to be waning in lieu too much cricket exposure.  However since the game is starting during the summer school vacations there is bound to be crowd thronging the stadium.  But the ticket prices shooting up is a downer.

Coming to the teams, the likely winners this time around is Poona Warriors with Ganguly captaining the side.  What is your pick guys

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: title
First 1-20
21-40
Replies 21 to 40 of 40 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Match 6 :  CSK beat DC 193/6 Faf du Plessis 39, Ravindra Jadeja 48, Bravo 43 Badrinath 25 DC in reply 119 all out Cameroon White 23 and Parthiv Patel 21

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

MATCH 7 RR vs KKR Rajasthan royals scored 165 Hodge 44 & Maneria 40 Dravid 23 beat KKR 142 All out Manoj Tiwari 59, Bret Lee 25

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

MATCH 8 PUNE VS PUNJAB :  Dada's team beat Gilly's team Ganguly 20, Uttappa 40, Marlon Samuels 46 total 166/6 Punjab 144/8 Bipul Sharma 35 Singh and Nayar 24 each

Roopa KM
Roopa KM
from Kozhikode
12 years ago

I support Dada and Viru :)

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

MATCH 9 :  DC 138/9 Shikar Dhawan 41, Daniel Christian 39, Cameroon White 30 beaten by Mumbai Indians 142/ 5  Rohit Sharma 73, Kieron Pollard 24

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

RCB VS KKR @ Blore :  Go guys go, win the game.  What is your prediction guys ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

MATCH 10 :  KKR 165/ 8 Gautam Gambir 64,  Bisla 46,  Kallis 26 beat 123/9 Vinay kumar 25 and Daniel Vettori 20 Gayle and Virat fail miserably.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

MATCH 11 :  CSK 110 / 8 Bravo 22 Suresh Raina 17 lost to 111/2 

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

MATCH 12 :  MUMBAI INDIANS 197 Pollard 64, Ambati Raydu 47, Levi 29, Rohit Sharma 21, beat Rajasthan royals Owasis 76, Rahane 40  170 all out. Munaf and Pollard took 4 wickets each

Prasoon Khare
Prasoon Khare
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Namma Bengaluru Today .. though I love Chennai but my heart is always with Bangalore :) :)

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

This match was a cliff hanger with CSK pulling off an amazing victory with Kohli turning out to be a black sheep with his bowling. Morkel snatch victory from defeat with his 28 off 7 balls.

Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

First 200+ score in IPL 5

Milind
Milind
from London
11 years ago
How many last ball wins in IPL so far?
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

One at least the last ball victory of CSK against RCB, victory boundary scored by Jadeja which was thrilling to watch

Milind
Milind
from London
11 years ago
Hm\Aw CSK DC DD KKR KXIP MI PWI RCB RR CSK  8,-35

4/5

12/5

30/4

28/4

DC

1,-45

9/5

8/5

1/5

20/5

18/5

DD

7/5

15/5

27/4

17/5

29/4

KKR

14/5

NR

12/5

5/5

28/4

KXIP

17/5

13/5

19/5

6,-29

25/4

5/5

MI

6/5

29/4

16/5

6,-18

9/5

PWI

26/4

19/5

3/5

11/5

8/5

RCB

25/4

6/5

2/5

14/5

8,-32

RR

9/5

1/5

20/5

13/5

8,20 Key:

Home Team shown in rows in this colour

Away Team shown in columns in this colour

A Home Win, i.e. an Away Defeat, shown in this colour with a +ve Ball Difference

An Away Win, i.e. a Home Defeat, shown in this colour with a -ve Ball Difference

Date for a fixture scheduled at 10:30 GMT | 16:00 Local shown in this colour

Date for a fixture scheduled at 14:30 GMT | 20:00 Local shown in this colour

Number of points and Ball Difference shown in this colour

All underlined cells are an HTML link to the ESPNcricinfo page for that match

Milind
Milind
from London
11 years ago

Ignore the last post as the colour coded table can't be seen in this thread.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I ignored it, can t understand head or tail

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

OK.. I've a doubt..

Pune and Bangalore host the Q1 and Eliminator presently in fixtures list. However if Bangalore finish top 2, the fixtures will be swapped, and Bangalore will play the Q1 on home territory.

I wanna know what happens if Pune and Bangalore finish in top 2 in the table. or even if they finish in the elminator slots.. Where'll the match be held? in Pune or to Bangalore?

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Let us wait for the final tally, Yesterday's RCB match called off due to rain was a total disappointment, thank god it rained, power cuts and extreme heat was taking its toll in Blore

Milind
Milind
from London
11 years ago
I don't know, not that there is any suggestion that this question is directed towards me. My interest in IPL league stage is theoretical. Once a week, I check the scorecards and update my own table. To my knowledge, two parties have proposed an alternative to Net Run Rate, viz. Duckworth/Lewis in their book and myself. D/L suggest that their model can be used to extrapolate the score for team batting second until the end of the innings thereby creating a " Run Difference " irrespective of which side bats first. I have solved this problem by creating a " Ball Difference " during CWC11. When team batting first wins, I check the delivery when the "winning run" was scored during first innings and determine a win by balls remaining. Thus margin of victory in every limited overs game can be determined by an easy to understand number. Sometimes teams chase a low total on the last delivery of the match. On other occasions a very high score is chased again with no deliveries left. In my method, BD for the match is 0 in both cases. BD will also be 0 in a game such as the one where KXIP won by 2 runs after hitting a last ball six. This year's IPL has reverted to playing home and away matches against all the remaining teams. I created a combined table to show results, fixtures and points/BD with some colour coding that can be used to analyse the margins of victory, home/away form etc. What you see before posting an HTML in preview is not what you get in the thread. I follow the Managing Editor of Yahoo India on twitter and seeked his opinion on BD and it's application in the form of a combined table. I think his reply summarises the general reaction - "Interesting execution, Milind. Not been following the IPL much, so it kind of left me untouched, but that is not a negative comment" I have posted a few times on this thread without getting to the point. I hope this reply provides the context.
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Finally KKR lifted the DLF IPL 5 trophy.  It was possible by carefree knock of 89 by Malvinder Bisla, who scored at a brisk pace of nearly 200 strike rate.  His 47 ball 89 sealed the match in high scoring match.   Jacques Kallis too contributed his might and took over when Bisla left.  The icing of the cake was sweet 9 of 3 balls by Manoj Tiwari in the end.  The turning point of the match seems to be no ball which was capitalised into 7 runs by Sakib.  Disappointment was that Gauti did not score much but was padded on till the end due to superstition i believe.  Chennai super kings once again posted 190 runs with Raina scoring 73 runs, Hussey and Murali Vijay too chipped in.  Overall SRK was a proud owner of a team for which he had to wait 5 years and be patient, it was not Chak De type film script.

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
11 years ago

It was terriffic how KKR chased down a 190+ total that too in such a high pressure game.. unlikely that any team hoewever mighty would be able to do so with such elan.. It was just KKR's day... and no stopping them... Kallis has always been a favorite and the old warhorse again lived upto the expectations. however, Bisla turned out to be the trump card. Great going KKR. :-)

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

One time for a change Mamata Di will be basking in glory of victory otherwise.

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
11 years ago

lol... yes.. even though she doesnt come close to the picture anywhere... ;-)

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

The felicitation ceremony for KKR on 29/5/2012 can be likened to Mamata's one year anniversary celebration plus discovery of a gold mine, no wonder she donated gold chain to all the winners in front of a huge crowd.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

First 1-20
21-40
LockSign in to reply to this thread