With Flipkart deciding to go App-only, why not Amazon.in vouchers hereafter?

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

In one of the most senseless decisions (in the customer's point of view) by an e-commerce major in India, Flipkart seems to have decided to go app-only. They want to ditch their website, and their customers who prefer to buy from laptop/PC. Why not take this as an opportunity to shift the happy hour and other contest prizes to Amazon.in in the future? *Suggestion to indiBlogger team* 

Yes, I want to buy Kindle eBooks instead of the not-so-useful electronics items I normally buy on FK. Google Play voucher (if available) will be even better as the G-books app supports text-to-speech, but I know I am asking too much Tongue out

People, vote for Amazon.in below Cool

Replies 21 to 40 of 41 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I also know a cheat for Flipkart for using more than 15 vouchers. First use all the fifteen vouchers to buy a costly gadget and then cancel the gadget the amount is transferred to your wallet. Now buy the laptop or tv or refrigerator which needs more than 15 vouchers, go to checkout, FK will automatically deduct the amount from your wallet. Pay the rest through the vouchers. Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
8 years ago

Are you sure? Afaik, the money will be credited back to the voucher and not wallet.

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
8 years ago

Lol! But wallet option is available only for ws retail.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
8 years ago

comon admit it - amazon is better...dont hang on to flippy..its soon gonna vanish from desktop

Ranjith
from hyderabad
8 years ago

http://www.flipkart.com/egv-faq

NOTE: Funds will be deducted from your Flipkart Voucher at the time you place your order. In case of any adjustment or cancellation at a later stage, we will credit the refund back to your Voucher.

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
8 years ago

Ranjith, if the product is purchased from ws retail, we can choose the refund to go either back to the voucher or to the wallet. But the wallet money can be used again to buy only ws retail products while the voucher refund can be used for any seller. 

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

No Ranjith it got credited to my wallet and I bot a lappy with it Smile

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

ND Amazon sucks it is foran brandUndecided

Bushra M
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Already aware about this trick Vijay. Just that the wallet amount can be redeemed only on WS Retail.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
8 years ago

ND Amazon sucks it is foran brand

ooohh...as if you never used any foran brand...facebook,,,twitter...google esp ur adsenseMoney mouthMoney mouth sab foran hi hai

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Nandini I earn money from using those by making in India > my blog Undecided

Chandresh Jain
Chandresh Jain
from Delhi
8 years ago

Amazon is cool ..Or CASH is anytime becaz we don't need to save the Voucher no. & the PIN and a reminder to use it before expiry ..

+1

+1

+1

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Parichita
Parichita
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Since I am on the recent tirade to hate Flipkart, Amazon will have my vote too.

And Amazon is more customer-friendly or so I am told.

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

and if we do a comparative analysis of the prices, one will often find Amazon to be selling the same item at a lesser amount than FK. Yesterday I ordered two books on Amazon, one of which is selling at Rs 200 more on FK (385 on Amazon and 574 on FK) and the other book too at almost a hundred less on Amazon.

Rini Sultana
from Rangia, Assam.
8 years ago
Yup, amazon provides better deals than flipkart.

I want FK vouchers only, but I dont want FK to go App-Only

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

+10000

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Sarma, that question never came up before FK announced to go App Only. Almost everybody (except those who face serviceability problems) want FK vouchers, but what to do if FK has decided to go App only. I don't want my vouchers to be wasted once FK goes app only. May god give them some sense of reality.

+100000

HR
HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Copy paste se sabb itna addict hogaye ke koi bhi 'Apps' pasand nahi kartha Tongue outLaughing=))

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Hafeezur, actually we are jage huye graahak. We like comparing products and prices before buying them. Using apps will snatch away the possibility to do that. Plus, display on apps is small.

My app experience is not that great, like for example, a few days back I tried recharging my phone with MyAirtel app. it failed all 3 times, after which I left it there itself and recharged it through my computer.

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

CK, you can check and compare from Smartphones (by opening different tab) too but screen / display is very small that I agree. It will take time to become habit and like App. Smartphone App is however little difficult than browsing from Laptop or Desktop for this particular function or some copy paste function, at the moment. Pros and Cons would be there, of course.

Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

If anyone has tried looking at their mobile after a long day at work staring at the monitor, they'll know how difficult it is. Maybe that's also something FK wants by going app-only -- they want customers to decide quickly without much research??

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Another limitation on Flipkart is the Flipkart wallet! It can be redeemed against products only from WS retail. Which means, if you return any item bought from WS Retail(in my case a laptop), the amount will be credited to your Flipkart wallet and now you cannot use it against any other seller except for WS Retail!

Any e- com store but not App one. They App version consume or use more "privacy data" than Website one, even whole contact list sms etc..

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Lets have a online vote for and against Flipkart Money mouth. Ranjith develop a voting App for the same and inform us Tongue out

Rajesh K
from Chennai
8 years ago

This is a good idea. Renie and Ranjith, why not implement this? :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
8 years ago

#o

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

do it r.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Karlo R mai tumhe bakshis dunga

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

aur main tumhe dur khade hokar mujhe ice-cream khate huye dekhne ka saubhagya dunga

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Seems we have started moving in the right direction. With the pasta contest giving away Amazon GiftCards.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
8 years ago

App ONLY existence seems pre-mature and based on stats that the agencies + developers have pushed.

Bad decision.

Dipti
Dipti
from Korba
8 years ago

I vote for snapdeal because they deliver in small cities unlike Amazon and flipkart :'( 

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Flippy is taking a U-turn in their decision. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
8 years ago

Key chains and card holders are now app only. Innocent

http://www.flipkart.com/pens-stationery/office-supplies/key-chains/pr?sid=dgv,tkw,amn&otracker=hp_nmenu_sub_books-media_0_Key%20Chains 

http://www.flipkart.com/pens-stationery/office-supplies/card-holders/pr?sid=dgv,tkw,chd&otracker=hp_nmenu_sub_books-media_0_Office%20Card%20Holders

Dipti
Dipti
from Korba
8 years ago

Hmm,  what about about cash(by cheque/EFT)?

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

That is what many of us want, but there must be difficulties due to which IB does not want to..

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

There will be unnecessary IncomeTax overheads, which, almost everyone wants to avoid.

Dipti
Dipti
from Korba
8 years ago

Well I don't want cash if there will be income tax issue  :P but Please, no more flipkart voucher, it really hurts when you have a voucher worth 1000rs but you can't buy things you want because they don't deliver to your location and I am sure that I'm not the only indiblogger with this problem.. 

Tennyson
Tennyson
from Cochin
8 years ago

The delivery to the location and going App Only are two big problems of Filpkart. 

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

It seems FK has put its App only move on hold Cool

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Yes, on hold, but not retracted yet. Frown

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

CK they will withdraw it. Myntra is not doing so well after going App only Tongue out

Danny
Danny
from Chennai
8 years ago

They may delay the move but wont retract it as APP only move is to generate funding which is their primary goal..... With App only model, they can generate more statistics and dashboards for analytics which can be used for proposals to get more funding

Alaka Yeravadekar
Alaka Yeravadekar
from Pune
8 years ago
Agree. Even I hate buying via mobile and have written to Flipkart telling them of their stupidity.

LockSign in to reply to this thread