Reason behind your Blog Title.

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Hello friends,

All of us have very unique and interesting titles for our blogs. But what inspired you to keep the name to what it currently is.

Why "My musings" "my yatra diary" "a light hearted talk" "narayankripa" " just like that" "rumbaHo" "hardwarebbq" "cricket wise" " wintechgeek" "India backpacker" "craptivate" "cybernag" "pure-love" and so on..

Share the story behind your blog title. Also, just for fun, if you could rename your blog, what would it be called?

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: added more blogs :)
Replies 21 to 40 of 49 Descending
Angad Achappa
Angad Achappa
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks Abhi, just had a look at 'the geeks' blog.. :D Nice stuff!!

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

finally someone appreciates it, thank you :)

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Interesting topic dude!! :D though I have answered this many times, I dont know how many of them would take it seriously.

Even before Lata Venketesh from CNBC came up with the show Indianomics, I had this title in my mind for my blog! I dont know if I heard this somewhere or I coined it myself, but anyone else could have easily done that too.

My blog titled Indianomics becoz I wanted to write about Economy in general and making it simple to understand. Not that I am good at Economics or some one who is an expert on the subject, the intention was to share my thougts around it. But I didnt wanted to restrict it to that and have it as my personal blog too. and hence, I titled my blog Hemal Shah's Indianomics 

as i had said earlier, now it's time you can christen it as "Hemalnomics"

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Thats great Hemal!! Yes, you cover all the topics with equal ease :)

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Plus 10 Pramodji. @Hemal Hemalnomics is also a good way to brand your blog.Think about it :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

...All in one :)

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Noithing particular or official about it , just came to mind . 

Abhishek Sinha
Abhishek Sinha
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Mine came about with frustration. There were a few friends and a high school teacher who were repatedly coaxing me to write a blog. Some final year into Engineering college, after I had got the job, a weird idea of having a blog came about after a couple of shots. So next day, I was sitting and trying to find a domain which is catchy and also goes with the theme. After struggling for 5 minutes, I was going 'this is shit, 'what bakwas', buggers had left no domain for me. Everything I like is taken. And this roommate of mine who was then preparing for UPSC switched on the radio for his daily news and that was it, I typed in Bakwaswani on rhyme with aakaswani and blogger accepted and thats what it was. 

good wani,

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Haha! funny story and a great catchy name, Abhishek. 

Aaron Angel
Aaron Angel
from Vellore
12 years ago

I blog about Image Processing in MATLAB. So I kept my blog name as 'Image Processing'.

But I can find so many interesting blog titles here and the story behind it.SmileVery interesting...

I have passion for giving effets to images, but somehow this intricte thing doesn't get in my head. 

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

@PL ji image processing is really intersting!

Niranjana.S
Niranjana.S
from chennai
12 years ago

when i joined an engineering forum i just created a user id as CIVIL PRINCESS... i liked it and so stuck to it. so when i started blogging i created the blog as http://civilprincess.blogspot.com/ and named it as Civil Empire (cos its my space and i'm the CIVIL PRINCESS right? Tongue out Cool ) that is the history of the first one... my technical blog :) 

the second one a casual blog was http://civilprincess.wordpress.com/ the same kinda link.. and didn't find any good name.. so came up with the name "The Civil Princess blogs here... " Smile

thats it folks! Wink

Prashanth Kagali
Prashanth Kagali
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hey abhi, first of all kudos for asking such a wonderful question. It helps a lot of people. Many of us would be wondering what is the reason behind that person's blog name or title, but may not be possible to ask each person as to whats the reason it. For a newcomer like me, your topic helps me to see the blogs which are interesting and nice. As people have replied, how good Pramod sir's blog is. So in way, your topic serves many purposes. Keep it going.

My blog's name is pkperception (www.pkperception.blogspot.com). I wanted to name it as myperception, but it was not available. pk is the short form of my name Prashanth Kagali and my friends also call me pk, so I thought this suited me the best. My blog is all about my perception, the way I look at things.

Perception means how you look at things differently. Changing your perception helps you to look at things differently and helps you to avoid passing snapy judgements or arriving at conlcusions quickly. I follow this thing of looking at things differently and has helped me a lot. I just love the word perception. These were reasons behind my blog's name. Hope it was interesting. I don't want to rename my blog because its simple and truely difines me....Smile.

Regards.

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Hey, first of all, thank you for appreciating this thread. My apologies for such a delayed reply. 

Bloggers are known to be very creative and their blog titles are a proof of that. I know a few blogs with very interesting titles and unless I know the blogger personally, it would be weird to ask " Hey, whats the story behind your title?'

But thank you for sharing with us. Yes the line below the title also justifies it very well...

It's about.......How I see, How I feel, How I think and How I percieve. :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
This is a great thread abhi:) Keep it going, especially for newbies, as it will help them connect with us:)
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

@DS I hope it does :)

Anupama K. Mazumder
Anupama K. Mazumder
from New Delhi
12 years ago

My blog is titled "Volatile Spirits".

What I meant that blog is about nothing specific, so it is what I feel like at a particular point of time.

I hope the name conveys it!

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

yes, it definitely does anupama. Very creative name as well.

You have been bloggin for 5 years? Cool

iChetan
iChetan
from Kolkata
12 years ago

My blog's called i-Chetan. It is so to capture the real essense of blogging that is usually done by any one person. I am that person. Secret lies in the fact that I made the blog late at night. The first thing they asked was the TITLE. Obviously I did not get any room to think then. It was Midnight, rather. 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nice story Chetan...
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Hello Chetan, nice title for your blog. Thanks for sharing that bit of info and keep visiting the forum :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Nice emphasis.. midnight creativity i would say :)

Avra Kay
Avra Kay
from Chennai
12 years ago
My blog is titled 'Deeviations' - and its on random thoughts, just deviating thoughts tht pass me by or inspire! The sub header goes this way -'My space to be; as I deviate into the dark unwritten sky, trailing constellations of letters behind..'! My blog reflects Dee... :)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Another innovative title!! How people give names, its fascinating to read:)
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Loved both the title and the sub Header, Dee. Also, the Nov 4 post on simplicity :)

Looking forward to more posts and thanks for sharing!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Wow... your gravatar is also telling me the same story.. Dee :)

Nikhil Poddar
Nikhil Poddar
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Mine is 'The Nikiller'

• My name is Nikhil.
  • And I kill time (And Super-Villians) by blogging.

So... Nikhil + Killer = The Nikiller.

Laughing

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Lol. Your blog title is very creative, Nikhil . Keep blogging and killing super-villains for us :)

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
12 years ago

Well mine was a random name...was going through something called Solitary Reaper and that turned out to be Solitary Writer...later on i added 'The' to it and it became 'The Solitary Writer'

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Interesting title, TSW. Also the blog header looks impressive :)

This post is such a good idea Abhi.

I called my blog "Never Mind Yaar" It is an attitude - our tendency to feel defeated by the scale and nature of certain problems, give up and move on with a sigh and a “Never Mind”. Today, I must admit, that attitude is changing, thanks to Anna Hazare and his core team, who are my heroes. I write about many random things that I find interesting, like/dislike but especially about a secular India, the environment and, you guessed it, Anna.

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Very true, KM. Anna has ignited a lot of minds. Your blog makes up for a very interesting read. Thanks for sharing here and stay active on the forum :)

Pooja Gupta
Pooja Gupta
from New Delhi
12 years ago

My blog is dreamz2achieve.blogspot.com One of my starting posts on this blog was dedicated to explaining the thought process behind the name: Dreamz2achieve. You can read it here

Hey Pooja, visited your blog Dreamz2achieve and really enjoyed your story about Surf Excel Matic and the newly marrieds.

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, loved reading your post Pooja. Thanks for sharing it here :)

GeEtS
GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago

my favorite blog is STIMULATION OF THE MIND...i think naam he kaffi hai:D

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Haha, true, in fact all your blogs are superb!

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

I started blogging after the reservations / mandal commission rocked India and due to the fact that we were having load shedding in office during office times for 3 hours. That got me frustrated and wanted to sarcastically & creatively vent out my anger on politicians, state govt. etc. etc...hence the name "Indian Citizen Ranting".

Its that day and I have never looked back have kept on ranting about issues!

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

A very apt and a creative title as well, Varun. !

Antara
Antara
from Kharagpur
12 years ago

Since I started blogging a long time back, my blog has seen QUITE a few changes. At first it was named something I am too embarrassed to even remember and hope NOBODY really remembers it.

Then I changed it to "Yours, Antara". Because I needed to change my above said embarrassing title and this is what popped in my mind.

And then I changed it to what it is today, Whatever I Have Said or Sung, and I am not changing it ever again (I hope!) because I love it SO much.

The name comes from the first line of a poem by Tennyson. (If you go to my blog, I have a page on top where I have written down the poem). The poem is beautiful, but then I love Tennyson.

(I've been wanting to tell this story in such a long while :P)

sushmita
sushmita
from Delhi
12 years ago

quite an interesting topic.....

well, i love to write...and my blog is an expression  of my life...hence the blog title 'my unfinished life'...quite simpe ha!!!!

Hemant Arora
Hemant Arora
from Pune
11 years ago

My Blog started with me poring my heart out....and thats the reason I named it "From the heart, for the hearts"

Infact, I have written a poem which includes the title of almost 20 blogs...check out below link ~ 

http://pearlsfromtheocean.blogspot.in/2011/08/innovation-is-backwelcome-to-blogging.html

Vineet Digga
Vineet Digga
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I always wanted to write poems and stories out of personal experience. My Blog's name is quite weird, its called hTe osLt. Its smart if you think about it and somehow defines me as well, but problems started when some people came and asked me how do you pronounce hTe osLt, or which language is the word taken from. I mean they never understood what the name really meant! :P

LockSign in to reply to this thread