What Does Your Profile Picture Say?!

Hello dear Indibloggers!

The profile picture we use is like a window to our blog.  But most of times, we are not bothered about it.   Resultantly, it affects our blog traffic.

Sometimes, we are interested to check out a blog because it has an interesting picture, and at times, we don't feel interested to see one, as the picture itself is not interesting.

For the New bloggers, especially its important that you put a profile picture that best tells about that aspect of your personality about which you are writing in the blog.

I have seen many many such blogs, where the profile pic suggested something else, and it comes out to be something else. I cannot take any names here!

The worst can be putting the pic of a girl when u r a male blogger!

I wrote an article in my blog and its on Indivine too (same title as the title of this thread), and gave a detailed analysis of why people choose the kind of pics they choose for their blogs. ( If Renie allows me, i can put a link here!).

Since, nobody seems to have a problem, here's link http://myworldmyperception.blogspot.com/2010/07/what-does-your-profile-picture-say.html

What do you think about it? Why did you choose your current profile pic?

Would you like me to comment on your profile pics? and comment on whether it goes well with the content of your blog or not?

Restless

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: adding a link
Replies 21 to 40 of 54 Descending
Mayank Sharma
Mayank Sharma
from New Delhi
13 years ago

@Sweta

If this pic dsnt increase blog visits.. nothin will  :P

[ no offence meant :) ]

cheers

Mayank, a good pic can ensure that only once will a reader stray in that territory, rest depends on your net (writing skills).  By the way, women are much honest than men in their blogs.  (now this can start another war!!)

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

@Mayank: heheheheSealed

WILL BE DOING MORE READINGS TOMOROW!

LEB
from anywhere,anytime,anyday
13 years ago

Hi Restless

At your convenience, would be interested to get your feedback on my profile picture.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

LEB

done LEB, please check in previous threads.

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Then why do you do the nonsense, by spamming in an absolutely clean thread?

The Silent Commentator
from Bangalore
13 years ago

@Addy: Sorry for that blunder dude..wanted to post the link of the blog..but in hurry posted the link of some particular old post..take it easy..btw is there anyway to edit it?

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

hey renie.... introduce some del botton...

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@CB No way to edit it! Please be careful now onwards! Don;t worry though, everything is cool! Will be taken care of by the mods, if required that is.

@ Mag come on! The delete button does not comes in the forum! Or there is gonna be a havoc here man!

The Silent Commentator
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Atleast the Del button should be visible for the person who posted.. its a very regular feature across all forums.

@ Addy - thanks for handling this for me.

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Its my duty mam! Cool INDIPOLICE to the rescue!

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

@addy....it can be...... no commentsSealed

@ Addy - thanks Indipolice!

Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

HELLOWWWWW...ALL

iT SEEMS LOT OF CONVERSATION IS GOING AROUND.I HOPE ITS MY TURN NOW.SO RESTLESS WHAT ARE U WAITING FOR?GIVE ME UR PRECIOUS COMMENTS.

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

hey pratibha..... its a serious studious student type pic

Hi Pratibha! There is nothing much i can say about bloggers using their pic ( face ).  You are straight forward and have nothing to hide.  Although, I have noticed, rather felt some pain in your blog.  Sometimes, u get the feel of the energy involved of the blogger in her/his blog.  sometimes, i feel that. In yours, I feel a pain, a desire to overcome a pain and a desire to prove your worth to your own self first and then to the world. 

Go ahead, be true, be honest in expression (which u r) and the world is yours!

Keep blogging!

Mayank Sharma
from New Delhi
13 years ago

this is the face of feminist movement !  :)

HI, SO WHERE ARE ALL THE BLOGGERS WITH FACES HIDDEN SOMETIMES WITH HAIR ( OOPS THAT'S ME!!) , SOME WITH THEIR BACKS TO THE CAMERA, SOME WITH WIERD PICTURES AND SOME WITH PICS OF BIRDS AND ANIMALS ( WE JUST GOT ONE ANIMAL PIC CHANGED HERE!)

WE GOT ONE  MACHO CHANGE INTO A GENTLEMAN! AND A CAT TURN INTO A BABY!

DON'T BE SHY, DON'T HIDE. COME ON!

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

haha , macho changed into a gentleman ?????? desh sudhar ne nikli ho , pehle apne aap se shuru karo madam.... ;) ....no offense plz , jus kiddin..... 

@ Just a Pen in my hand  - Did I really went out to search your blog and sudharo your pic? or u asked me for my views?? PLEASE ANSWER THIS.

And if this was a joke, THEN BAD JOKE.

Just a pen in my hand
Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

really need tat "delete" button nw ! gosh...sry yaar...! plz...dint mean to offend u in ne way... Frown

Its OK. Please be careful with the choice of your words.  I am in no way saying I am perfect, may be I have more flaws than you have.

Blogging is all about words, so wait and think before u publish ur comments.

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

@ Restless: look she published d first rule & regulation of Forum...

@ Deepak - oh come on, i am no one to say anything about rules and regulations.  but i like ur little comments after all the reading and converstaions ! i read them all! keep it!!

Mayank Sharma
Mayank Sharma
from New Delhi
13 years ago

@Restless

There will always be people who want to check out a blog just coz of the nice pic.. but they are far and few. The title of the blog / post / content mostly & eventually..  matter..

N no, ur comment on male bloggers (elaborate tht if u want) wont fuel  a war... dont think a biased subjective judgment can lead to war .. atleast here!

Anyways, Congrats fr winnin the blogadda contest.... 

@ mayank -  u r also getting me wrong. did i ever say put a nice picture? anyways...

about the male bloggers thing  - come on, I just  said it lightly!

and thanks! have i won it??!! didnot know.

Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

so restless baba ur analysis is correct.

mag but ur analysis is not correct.yes offcourse I look serious in this picture.

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

ya may be.... actually i m not blessed with the super natural qualities like PAUL OCTOPUS Smile

Mayank Sharma
from New Delhi
13 years ago

seriously!  ur pic shld b the poster of a feminist movt. rally !..they thrive on anger :)

geeta singh
from delhi
13 years ago

she is superb !!! st forward ,caring, my lovely  sister

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

what....!!! geeta and pratibha r sistersSurprised no comments.... m out of discussion

geeta singh
from delhi
13 years ago

Laughing

Mayank Sharma
from New Delhi
13 years ago

sisters ! 

seriously.. out of discussion !

thanks pratibha!

kash mujhe bhi koi sister bolta!

geeta singh
from delhi
13 years ago

arey woh sachi main meri sister hai ..real wali Laughing

geeta singh
from delhi
13 years ago

restless sister  :D happy nowUndecided

Oh really?!! wow! sisters bloggers!!!

hey thanks yaar, for restless sister!

Oh really?!! wow! sisters bloggers!!!

hey thanks yaar, for restless sister!

geeta singh
from delhi
13 years ago

restlessSurprised sisterEmbarassed

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

restless.... i know many bloggers who can say u sister.... first one is DEEPAKSurprised

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

indiann bloggers TIKDI.... restless, pratibha, geeta.....awesomeInnocent

geeta singh
from delhi
13 years ago

Laughing

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

someone called ma Name.....

look-a-like its goin to be a sister's conversation in forum...

@ Mag: seriously Wink .... ok..ok.. lets call them Chaliz Angels (hehehehe)

LEB
LEB
13 years ago

Hi Restless

Thanks much for taking the time to analyze (in the most objective manner, I must say) and providing your valuable feedback. It is not often that we say what we want to. It is usually what others want to hear. You have been extremely well in putting across your views in words which are simple to understand and yet carry a deep message. And I thank you for that.

On the Name: I am kind of fixated on that and probably will not change that. I identify with that and feel good to have it that way. Having said that, I would love to know what do other readers think? Is it a urn-off" from you visiting my blog ? Any response with the highest candor is greatly appreciated.

On the Image:  Image, most definitely. The intention is not to scare anyone or give a feel of unknown. This is a photograph shot by me and there was no Ravan- feelings while using it. It merely happened. And it shall be changed, soon !!

Once again, I think this is a terrific topic and for that, I extend a big applaud to Restless. Keep up the good work !!

Regards

LEB

Hi LEB, i must say i am truely impressed by your maturity. After i wrote about ur name and pic, it struck me that when everyone is using eng name, then using a different language is not a bad idea at all, so i give a thumbs up to it!!Smile

U didnot tell, what is the pic. anyways, i feels really good, when somone understands what u want to say (sometimes very subtly). I am glad u liked my views.

and about the topic, u know, i think i am walking on a tight rope, trying to understand just by one pic is quite difficult and when it goes wrong, then u've had it! I am thinking of stopping it. I don't know what others have to say about it ??

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
13 years ago

u tell me :)

surely, give me some time!

hI prasad! checked ur blog, 2 blogs rather. The pic doesnot really tell anything. sorry for that. The financial matters blogging and kids and car, travel blog, really use some other pic. something more related, u can email me also, if u need any advice. see my blog for that.

RESTLESS

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hello Restless ,

I agree with you.The profile, profile pic as well as what you write About me section matters and drives most of the readers to blog.

Hi Ashwini, give a 2-3 days pl. will do it. thanks

well said, the profile description, or about me speaks a lot , a lot about u, many ppl dont bother about that also.

PLEASE BLOGGERS DO WRITE SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF IN YOUR BLOG.

Ashwini, u have a great blog!! just saw and commented there.

why dont u add a pic here, use gravatar, give a face to ur blog!

RESTLESS

Mayank Sharma
Mayank Sharma
from New Delhi
13 years ago

@Restless

Arre, i ws also sayin it lightly! .. little bit heavy on the lighter side..but still light

n yup.. u  (damn! i didnt!!)  won...  cngrats.  Laughing

thanks mayank for the greetings!

Alpana
Alpana
from Abu dhabi
13 years ago

*Sensitive hearts are always restless... no doubts about it!Cool

*Profile pic means a lot ....Agree with you

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

but i think  vice versa is not applicable...

@ alpana - m glad u agree with me!

@ Mag - absolutely right, vice versa may not be true!!

Hi Alpana, thanks for the patience! was stuck up somewhere.

Hey must say, ur quite an achiever! visited ur hindi bharat darshan blog, felt very good! Good to see ppl writing in Hindi. I will be writing hindi poetry soon on my blog, stay connected!

Btw, this pic and the one welcoming readers on the blog, shows how warm a person are you, friendly, but very sensitive too. Giving a face surely adds a value to the blog!

loved it!

RESTLESS

LEB
LEB
13 years ago

@ Restless : I do not think you should stop. Everyone has a right to "not" ask you to review. You are doing a great job. Feedback is important.

As far as my picture is concerned, it really was not put with any idea in mind. It is the picture of a sculpture I photographed and then added effects to. Am having a hard time trying to come up with a picture to replace this one Tongue out

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

so have added affects on it.... that means u r creative  and intrested in looking the things in a new way ... simpleSmile

Hey LEB! u know something ?! u look fabulous !Smile  Now i see a face of your blog, a window into the insight of a person, now its possible for me ( and of course many more bloggers like me) to relate to ur writings. I am really happy to see that u thought that my advice was worth an effort. .......And keep this one !

about ur earlier pic - as Mag said, its very creative of u!! good going Mag! but good that u changed it.

and thanks LEB for replying to my question about should i stop it? well, i see a point in what u said, ppl have a right NOT to ask me. thanks!!

Restless

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

ya thnxs restless..... its just the induction effect of ursSmile

@LEB, by the time i typed my comments on ur pic.... its gone!

Mayank Sharma
Mayank Sharma
from New Delhi
13 years ago

@Restless

Just read your earlier post so replyin kinda late (very late infact)..  :)

How u see my loud blog title is a perception... Sure, it helps in attractin traffic somewhat, but to me its a general feelin that runs throughout the blog... be it the posts, title etc...  Title shld b In keeping with the theme of blog..  

@ mayank - right!

varsha
varsha
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Restless! Thanks for the compliment.

Your good words are all the more sweet because they occur unxpectedly at unexpected places..Wink

BTW loved your comments post-so true.,Everybody Please READ IT.

All my indimail had been going into spam for some reason.And I was not able to keep track of things.

Hey varsha! thank u so much, ur such a sweetheart!

am so glad u loved that post of mine about "commenting".  There was a catfight on my blog after that! huff!

Mayank Sharma
Mayank Sharma
from New Delhi
13 years ago

@Restless

Just read your earlier post so replyin kinda late (very late infact)..  :)

How u see my loud blog title is a perception... Sure, it helps in attractin traffic somewhat, but to me its a general feelin that runs throughout the blog... be it the posts, title etc...  Title shld b In keeping with the theme of blog..  

LEB
LEB
13 years ago

@ Mag : Thanks 

@ Restless: Was changing it for a few times. Have decided on the final one. For now. Sealed

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
13 years ago

ne "aztec" resemblance ?  Wink

@ LEB - where is it?? this one?Frown

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

whats this ??

Deepak
from India
13 years ago