A wish-list for prizes here...

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

I'm sure we all nurture that small but not inconsequental wish to find and win something that we dearly want but are somehow never able to buy!

It is a good idea to let the world know of your wish... there may some strategist somewhere who may create a contest where you ultimately win it before it is too late...

Let me begin with my small wish-list for prizes here on indiblogger:

1. Mitsubishi Pajero (Now please, don't write ROFL or LOL)

2. Diving certificate course + deep sea diving in at least three different locations

3. Bose audio system

4. Sky diving certification

5. Some world-class publisher inviting & accepting my manuscript for a novel

Well, this is just the tip of the iceberg, so to say... but makes me dream quite a bit about these goodies of life that have eluded me somehow.

I'm sure you too have a secret wish-list of yours... share it here... maybe the strategists at indiblogger will read and invite the right sponsors! :)

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: Spelling error noticed.
Replies 21 to 40 of 59 Descending
Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Have been thinking about it, I want "a Day on Popular Blogs roll" at least once... *shy*Embarassed I never reached that step, and some Bloggers have like got their permanent address registered there Surprised

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Nice wish Punit. Maybe indiblogger can reserve one day every month for highlighting one blog... this selection will be based entirely on the discretion of the indi-team and they will have their own 'secret' parameters for this prize.

So on this day, the contests head-mast will carry another... the 'prized blogger' of the month!

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Wow! Hope Indi-team is following this thread....this 'Prized Blogger of the Month' is really a good idea...in fact it can only be selected on some 'random' parameters to give some limelight to under-exposed bloggers too...

Sangita Passey
Sangita Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Time again to see if there can be any additions to the wish-list of prizes.

Nikon has just launched D600... can SLRs be given away as prizes? If yes, I think, Indiblogger will have the largest number of bloggers working hard over their posts. I must say though that the rule of 'only one post' is GREAT! No messy posts... everyone thinks and then posts... no irrelevant and unconnected posts... the Melbourne contest is a good example of neat blogging.

Any more prize ideas, bloggers? 

Sumit Nangia
from Pune
10 years ago

I second the idea of only one post per contest/topic.

Indi could have a Blogger of the Month type of initiative and instead of having hype over Tech Goodies- be it phones, DSLR's etc... some other segment of goodies should be more emphasised, like they people had Flipkart vouchers. Coupons for Free Restaurant Food could be considered. Or Some sort of a chance to interview a celebrity which people can post to their blogs later on , which would also help newbiews build an audience.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

We have observed that the subject or topic for many contests appeals to women... and, not surprisingly, women feature majorly as the winners. This sounds so unchallenging.

Indi contests must have some fun challenge in their contests... for instance, have a contest on beauty products for women open to just male bloggers! Now here we talk of path-breaking (hopefully, not path-braking!) ideas and expressions emerging in the blogging world. For a change we'll have male bloggers walking away with hair-straightners and lip-stick sets! Now come on, don't ask me what they will do with these prizes... :)

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

their wives n girlfriends would snatch away those prizes, so ultimately the female would win, albeit indirectly.

Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Renault Duster !<3 <3 <3or err the RELIANCE GOODIE BAG CUM IPOD!LOL

Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
Gosh, I have been commenting on this thread without noticing that this began a year ago. How much more 'velli' can one be?
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

An old thread unwilling to go away or fade away is ample proof that it is still giving vital inputs to the indi team... :)

Rahul kumar
Rahul kumar
from mathura
10 years ago
atleast win one contest . thats my wish list. :D A GRAND PRIZE ?
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

While I am winning, I hope Renie finds some sponser like DLF or Hubtown who will gift a penthouse apartment in Worli (worth 14.5 crores) Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You want a 14.5 crore gift? Surprised The max they can give is a 1-2 lakh discount voucher Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

This is a wish list aint itTongue out  You can wish a trip to mars if you want Cool or a visit to CERN 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Undecided.

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@VP: Mujhe worli nahi bhi ho toh chalega, a house in Navi Mumbai will also do Cool

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ah every blogger needs new gadgets ......I think everyone will be having a long wish list...

Shantanu Banerjee
Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Though I never Win and I never Hope I do, But If I Do then

Nikon or Cannon DSLR Mirrorless with additional lenses (all kinds micro, macro, telephoto)

Iphone 5

Macbook Air

Nexus 4

Bas Itna sa Khwab Hai Wink

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Bahut chota sa khwab hai Tongue out

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

VP: Bhai, Everybody does not go for tequila shots ; )

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@AV: hehehehe, right'o'

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago
One year supply of silk \:D/
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

silk worms?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Silk????Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ND You want juice of silk worms? Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Vijay Cadbury Diary Milk Silk Cool

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

yuck...how can you think such psycho things....dog juice and now silk worm juice....eeewww u have them by the bucketful :x

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ranjith always elaborate Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ND It was you who thought that silk = silk worms Undecided

Vijay ok Undecided

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Maybe the Silk Board will sponser a contest just for Ranjith Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Which silk? SIlk garments or silk worms? Undecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

u wanted  silk --- silk is made by silk worms - so indirected u wanted sik worms....i never wanted their juiceYellCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ND You eat masala dosa. Rice fllour comes from rice. Rice comes from rice crop. Rice crop grows on rice fields. They need manure. Manure is decomposed dead matter. Silk worms can also be used for making manure. Silk juice comes from silk worms. Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

grrUndecided

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

An all paid greek island cruise for two Innocent

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

And a time machine :| :|

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

time machine = machine which shows time = wall clock / wrist watch Tongue out

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Ranjith Tongue out Tongue out

No, like the actual time traveling time maching :DI want to undone a few things :/ 

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Also 99% share ownership of both Microsoft and Apple Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

WHy not 100%? Innocent

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

We should leave atleast 1% for them no, out of courtesy Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

What a courteous person you are! Innocent

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

I know! Thanks man SealedSealed

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Now, A should add IB smileys to his wish list Wink

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

lol, good one!  Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing.

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

deleted 7 GB cache and things worked.

R, your that stupid thing worked.

Thanks god, things got sorted before restarting the pc and hammering it. Smile

what was baffling tht things worked in Opera. Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

7 GB cache! Surprised

Stupid solutions are the best solutions! Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

now wats 7gb cache?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ND ka doubts shuru ho gaya. Tongue out

Recently opened web pages, images etc are stored on your computer's hard disk so that the next time you open the same web page or image, they are shown by accessing the files on the hard disk instead of accessing them from the internet. This is called caching.

On Avadhoot's computer, the total size of the files in his cache was 7GB. Sealed

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

ok...i didnt know...how to check cache??

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

I am seriously wondering if the sort of discussion you guys are having on this thread has anything to do with the thread...

Though now I have a fair idea of how one becomes a 'forum hero'! :) Thank you.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You are using chrome, right?

Type chrome://net-internals/#httpCache in your browser's address bar. 

You will get something like:

Statistics
  • Cache type: Blockfile Cache
  • Create error: 0x0
  • Create hit: 0xb3ed
  • Create miss: 0x0
  • Current size: 227572546

That 227572546 ( or whatever number is shown to you ) is your cache size in bytes. Divide it with ( 1024 * 1024 * 1024 ) to get the size in GB. Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago
  • Current size: 55195390

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

My first wish is to win an IB contest though. My first win SmileSealed

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

A fairly reasonable wish... and one that depends entirely on your writing strengths. :) All the best!

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Thank you, sir :)

Canary
Canary
from Bangalore
10 years ago

AP, good to see this thread active again, your wishes for dishwasher, bose music system nd some others seem to have come true with ambi pur win :)

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

Ah! We had bought those things this year... but yes, the Ambipur prize does help us with our wish to replace our old desktop. :)

Razi
Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

5. Some world-class publisher inviting & accepting my manuscript for a novel

awesome..!!!

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I have a long list of wishes...I wrote some accidentally one first page thinking it to be recent thread...however, there's no end to wishes and let there be no end to indicontests!

I dunno if I win..I dunno what clicks me when...a year back I was dying to win a certain stuff, but when I won, I wasn't thrilled as I never received that from sponsors and soon forgotten about it :)

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Trip to Paris, my all-time fav destination, home away from home. Cannot wait to go back again.

Hiral Trivedi
Hiral Trivedi
from Sydney
10 years ago

1. Harley Davidson (any model). If not Royal Enfield (Classic 500 or cafe racer).

2. A sponsored world tour (I will be happy to be associated with a travel company and work as well).

3. A paid workshop (Theatre, photography, art).

4. Sky Diving (Hawaii), Bunjee Jumping (New Zealand) and a visit to Amazon Rainforest.

5. A lens for Nature PHotography.

Thats all for now, more later, Laughing

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Well, if everybody is expressing their wish, why shouldn't I? Wink I have a very simple wish. I want 40 Cr. INR. Cool

Why that exact amount?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

princess ke liye to itna amount daily ka pocket money hotey hai...but question is why r u wishing for it :D Tumhari tijori khali ho gaya kya? Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Pankti Are you sure 40 crore will be enough? I would be stealing 39.99999 crores from it. Tongue out

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

@NSV, yeah...I have already decided the division of that money Embarassed

@ND, yeah... meri tijori khali hai! Cry

@Ranjith, Yell

what are you going to spend on?

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Inner peace!...can these contests gift me some?

Yes, if you win Tongue out

LockSign in to reply to this thread