IB of the Month May 2009 - Category Selection

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Let's all congratulate Kiran Manral for winning the April 2009 Award for best blog on Social Causes. Clap, clap! Smile

It's time to decide on a new category for next month - please post your suggestions!

Replies 21 to 40 of 65 Ascending

I got a reject too this morning....Boo hoo sob sob....some mail that said, "Loooserrr, you are not funny enough!" or something like that! Frown Anyways, relenless as I am, I painted my face fullto joker style after that, and have been falling over the same banana peel over and over again, so that people laugh! But It is also not working! Oh, I forgot to tell you, I am on hunger strike too! You listening, Renie!

Anyways, congrats Pankaj, for making it to shortlist! And Roshmi and Saurabh, 'chill guys', we wil rock next time!

Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hey Gaurav, thanks for sticking up for me bro! I think you are darn funny and your blog will be approved soon and that goes for everyone else who thinks that their blog is funny :)

yayyyyyyy.....Thanks Anoop....yayyyy...oh wait, let me go and jump on my bed! yipeeeee!!!...(catching my breath)....

But yeah Anoop buddy, you owe me for mental pain (experiencing phsycological trauma at facing rejection)  and physical agony (broken hip bone for falling over banana peel again and again) now! LaughingLaughing

pankaj Rokade
pankaj Rokade
from mumbai
14 years ago

I got successful entry for the Orginal Humar

My Blog is

Http://orkutmarathi.blogspot.com

Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
14 years ago

yay!

Saurabh Hirani
Saurabh Hirani
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi there,

Roshmi - in the words of Axl Rose from November rain - You're not the only one :)

I too had nominated 5 of my posts for the Original humour category and I too received a similar mail saying -

"We are sorry to inform you that your nomination for

IndiBlogger of The Month May 2009, Original Humor could not be accepted.

Most likely, your nomination was not accepted because your entry did not fall under the category of Original Humor. If you have any questions, please ask on the forum and we will help you out."

My blog does comprise of posts on a variety of topics - mostly releated to poems, observations and humor. But the posts that I submitted were related to the humor category.

So I too, like Roshmi, wait for a reply as to why my sense of humor which is often perceived as a sense of tumor (to those who suffer the wrath of it) was rejected? :)

My blog is crashpoint-zeros-brain.

Thanks for taking out the time to sort out our queries.

Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi! It feels 'great' to know... I have company!

BTW... on seeing the mail, I thought it was April 1st... then realized it's well past...!

Anoop's blog says... 'seriously joking'... hope we are not his current 'victims'... Wink

Over to you Anoop

notapennyformythoughts

Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
14 years ago

LOL! Roshmi .. "current victims" ha ha ha .. I'm sorry you guys.. but is it ok if I am having fun reading through the replies .. I say dont judge humor at ALL! Everyones approved! LOL

Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Thanks Anoop! Smile

I am now flaunting my pearly whites... !!! LaughingLaughingLaughing

Roshmi Sinha
Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi Renie,

I had nominated the following posts for the "IndiBlogger of the Month May 2009" contest, "Original Humor" category:

1. "Swine Fluuuuu" and the grunt(side) stories!!!

2. The Charge of the 'Gilly Brigade'... !!!

3. UP, UP and (UP)AWAY... UPA Aala Re... !!!

4. IPL Mantra: "Bill u bar bar"... !!!

5. 'Chicken-hearted'... ??? Cluck! Cluck!!

Today, I have received a mail from Indiblogger stating: "We are sorry to inform you that your nomination for IndiBlogger of The Month May 2009, Original Humor could not be accepted. Most likely, your nomination was not accepted because your entry did not fall under the category of Original Humor."

Please help me understand... where is the disconnect.

notapennyformythoughts

Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi Roshmi, The only disconnect is that I Over Dosed on too many humor entries and for a while I went Insane :) . I have explained details of my insanity in my blog :) . And you will definitely be approved soon.

Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Yayyyy!!!!!!!!! *Clap! Clap! Clap!*

Laughing

pankaj Rokade
pankaj Rokade
from mumbai
14 years ago

it is showing 1day from last 2dayz ??? howz that ??? i think something wrong with it

Http://orkutmarathi.blogspot.com

Ravi Lobo
Ravi Lobo
from Wisconsin
14 years ago

When is the last date for blog submission? It was showing 10 hours couple of days back. Now it says 1 day.

Sonya Gee
Sonya Gee
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Congrats Kiran:)

I would also recommend a Humor blog .Can someone plz refer few links here for such blogs ?

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
14 years ago

congratulations Kiran :-D

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
14 years ago

congratulations Kiran :-D

Tangerine
Tangerine
from Assam
14 years ago

Congrats Kiran!

Yeah! 'humor' is the way to go this month!

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
14 years ago

yays  ......humour my area... ... chronic  writer...solitary  writer is  a   competition for  you :p

www.thesolitarywriter.blogspot.com

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Looks like humor has won hands down! Smile

Humor - 29
Sarcastic Humor - 1
Cartoons - 1
Tech - 3
Prose/Poetry - 2
Public Health - 1
Education - 1
Travel - 1

Nominations have begun, send them in!

Aditi Verma
Aditi Verma
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Hi Kiran... so, what I really want to say is "thank you!". Thank you for taking a stand. It's people like you and your team who do our country proud.

Congratulations too, of course :P

Humour it is for me too :)

Shekhar
Shekhar
from Guwahati
14 years ago

Congrats Kiran.Smile

yeah Revin, let Humor rule Indiblogger this month. anyway, when will the category be declared.

let me blogwhore, err canvass for now: http://summer-diary.blogspot.com

yeah go read, it's the 'mostest' humorous page. ever Tongue out

Humor is vague, runaway stuff that hisses around the fissures and crevices of the mind,

like some sort of loose physic gas.

Humor is a best option.

Nandkishore Gitte

Life at Sea

http://mylifeatsea.blogspot.com

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

loose physic gas? Laughing

Roshmi Sinha
Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
14 years ago

"Original"... it is!!! No clones of Pritam Chakraborty allowed here... please!

Jokes, Comic strips, Cartoons culled from other sites.. should not qualify either!

Laughing

Prashant Kumar
Prashant Kumar
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

सर्वप्रथम किरन जी को जीत की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएं.......और जहां तक रही बात श्रेणी चुनने की तो मैं हास्य को अपना मत दूंगा....साभार

हमसफ़र यादों का.......

Prashant Kumar
Prashant Kumar
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

First of all.....I would like to send my Heartiest Congratulations to Kiran.....You are doing a great job.....

Secondly I would like to suggest "Humour" as the category for May Contest....

Regards

हमसफ़र यादों का.......

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Congrats Kiran! And like everyone else, humor it ise for me too.

And Chriz, Blogwhoring? Is it what I think it is? Smile

Santhosh P
Santhosh P
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Humour should be orinal, it should make you laugh first and then think as well. PJs, kinky stuff don't qualify to be humour. Cheap sarcasm is not humour. Slap-stick stuff is not humour.

LockSign in to reply to this thread