Time for IndiRank to be upgraded - need ideas!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Bloggers! Now that we've completed a revamp of IndiVine, it's time for IndiRank to have an upgrade as well. Here are a few ideas I have as of now:

• We create a dashboard for every blogger (in their account), where they can see detailed info on their IndiRank.
  • This detailed info will include customized tips on how to improve IndiRank - based on the values picked up by our crawler.
  • We'll include the previous IndiRank - with graphs to show how a blog's IndiRank has changed over time, and why.
  • We'll show a countdown timer to the next update.

Any other ideas? Smile

Replies 21 to 40 of 66 Descending
Gopala Ramanan
Gopala Ramanan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Everything needs improvement. The improved IndiRank is being improved. Happy that is happening. Suggest to have a the top ranked blog being analysed and how it won that slot. It will be of very useful to other bloggers to have the best practice shared.

If we can have the top 50 blogs (50 per page or so) being displayed in a page (just the link to the blog), it would be great to browse thorugh the top blogs.

Apart from this, I dont have any points to be added.

Great Job Renie & team.

Cheers...gopal  http://gopalramanan.blogspot.com 

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hey Gopala, the top ranked bloggers are at this link. Smile

narendra
narendra
from karkala
14 years ago

yes renie...but it isnt there in our dashboard u see :P ...I am so lazy..i would want everythin gin my dashboard..;)

Sonya Gee
Sonya Gee
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Hey,that's an exhaustive list." Aye" i say :)

Sankarsan Bose
Sankarsan Bose
from Kolkata
14 years ago

Great idea.Will get some suggestions from this

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

All right - IndiRank updated and upgraded!

It's all been done very quietly - no email has been sent out as yet. Apart from the usual feedback on your IndiRanks, could you all go to your account and click on the new "View Stats" button in the blogs section? This will show you the dashboard with all the info as planned.The coundown is not active as yet, but it will be soon.

Continue with your ideas and we'll incoporate in the next few days! And as always, if you find any bugs, let me know. Keep blogging! Smile

Lakshmi Rajan
Lakshmi Rajan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Alert : BUG DETECTED

Rennie , this is the message am getting when i checked my view stats in my account

Sorry, stats are only available for blogs which are active in your account. If you just joined IndiBlogger, please wait for a moderator to approve your blog and for your first IndiRank.

Have a question? Feel free to ask around at the forum and we'll help you out.

Am not a newbie , being bugging you guys for quiet sometime here Tongue out

Shankar
from Chennai
14 years ago

Same for me too....

Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
from India
14 years ago

Same here.

P.S. My Indirank decreased. Embarassed

Bharathi
from Tiruppur
14 years ago

same for me too

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Fixed!

Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
from India
14 years ago

Stats look Cool

Aditya Tibrewala
Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

i recently posted my indirank widget on my blog and i noticed that the entire format and layout of the widget has gone haphazard. I guess that is due to the fact that my blog url exceeds the widgets width and that is causing all the problems.

Can we updgrade this somehow?

Harsha Chittar
Harsha Chittar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Guys how do i post the indirank widget on my blog? Where am i supposed to paste that code? Help please

Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

copy the widget html code.

goto your dashboard-> layout-> add new gadget-> HTML/Java script-> paste the code and save

narendra
narendra
from karkala
14 years ago

my indirank updated and i dint get a mail..it was 55 n now 76!!!yay!  what abt that stats thing..it isnt working..huh??its still under construction i belive..al the best..

Rakesh Vanamali
Rakesh Vanamali
from Ooty
14 years ago

Its updated Laughing

Google PR stands at 4, while the Alexa PR is at 2.6. The stats section is awesome! And the widget already installed on my blog has reflected the change from 82 to 83, which made me wonder if Renie and team had updated Indirank incognito!

But the flip side is that I can only view the stats for my personal blog, while I cannot do the same for my geo-political space and my photo-blog.....any clues, why?

Rakesh Vanamali
from Ooty
14 years ago

But when I goto my public profile page, I see the refreshed rankings for my geo-political and photo blogs, which in case of the former has nose-dived from 75 to 43! Cry (something that I did not expect)

However, my photoblog rank has increased from 25 to 49! But stats for either are not currently available!

But overall, good job folks - thanks

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hey Rakesh, is that still the case now?

Rakesh Vanamali
from Ooty
14 years ago

Hi Renie - My dashboard now shows stats for all 3 of my blogs! Problem solved, many thanks!

Shankar
Shankar
from Chennai
14 years ago

wow...the new update is great renie... really good.... awesome work buddy.. http://ballat.blogspot.com

Vipul Grover
Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

Hey a great new feature Renie.. Congratulations :)

about improvements in IndiRank, I am really impressed by the suggestion of Amol that

Could we make Indirank procedure little more "relative"? Could the ranks be somwhow weighted with voting by Indibloggers, activeness on Indibloggers, commenting by Indibloggers? The whole point is making Indirank stick to Indiblogger and NOT make it pageviwes, Alexa rank specific!

Do look into it!

Shankar
from Chennai
14 years ago

nice suggestion vipul....

Suman Bolar
Suman Bolar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hello hello - long time. Nice ideas... agree with not revealing alogrithm in toto - too much temptation for rigging. How about an explanation of what certain Indirank ranges mean (eg: 0-10=You probably need to devote more time to writing, post more frequently; 90-100= You rock!)

Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
from India
14 years ago

I did not expect my IndiRank to decrease.

My new blog(10 heads) to which I have not posted for 2 weeks and the no. visitors is also very low, got IndiRank 62, and my active Blog(Bamboo Lounge) has an indiRank 65. This is very confusing. The Alexa Rank (Which says lower is better) is also much better in 10 heads than in Bamboo Lounge and The Alexa Rank decreased very much. Is it the no. of tags that effects. 

Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
from India
14 years ago

I have gone and checked Alexa and found that 430,891sites Innocent linked to  my new blog (10 heads) and only 2 sites have linked to Bamboo Lounge. I wonder how come my site became so popular.Laughing

Varun Ramakrishnan
Varun Ramakrishnan
from Chennai
14 years ago

hi ...... alll..... :)

got my indirank today .... "66" feels gr8 to start off with such a rank altho i do not knw the mathematics involved in it ... @Renie : fabulous idea - it actually peps up ppl like me who are amateurs... thanks....

check out  : www.varunpsycho.blogspot.com

will come up with gud ideas soon ....

Archana Joyce
Archana Joyce
from Chennai
14 years ago

The indirank widget code is not working in wordpress :(

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hey Archana, there's a seperate link for wordpress users, but you need to update the code every month. WordPress.com doesn't allow scripts! Frown

theishu
theishu
from Washington DC
14 years ago

Been waiting for this. Would it be too much of a hassle to rename IndiRank? Given what it signifies, I always thought 'Score' was a better choice than 'Rank', in the sense that higher is better in this case. 

Dont you think so?

Thanks,

Arun

Vinay
Vinay
from Mumbai
14 years ago

i love the dashboard :) .. great work guys! ..

NT Balanarayan
NT Balanarayan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

The indiblogger stats are kickass! Great going guys =)

Susan Deborah
Susan Deborah
from Goa
14 years ago

Ah! Got that. My ranks are the same. Its stands at 50. 

Query: What is Alexa Ranking and Google Page Rank?

Great job Inrank Team. Rennie another thumbs Up Laughing.

Rock On Guys!

LockSign in to reply to this thread