Hey..! Introduce yourself here...What's your name and what's it's meaning?

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Friends! This is Mohini! Whenever i meet someone i like to find the meaning of the name of that person and why their name must be so.......? So tell what's the meaning of your beautiful name?....Our country is with diversity....and the people from different states has different names.....so it will be beautiful to know the names and meanings of the names of the Indibloggers, which will make each other know.....! Starting with my name. I m Mohini - and no need to tell the meaning. But for me true beauty lies the beautiful thoughts given by The God to me, and of course a mind without jealousy and hatred makes us more beautiful. One more thing permanent make - up..as you can see my profile pic...Ever - lasting smile.....So I think I am really Mohini. Now it's your turn......Tell me about your name. Do tell about your Blogging name too.

Hi Friends! I may not be available on forum on inditalk due to some reasons for this entire month at least! But please keep posting and keep introducing each other! I am sorry I am not here. Frown. If I can't reply please don't think I am ignoring or like that. I really like to know about you pals!

Keep smiling.....Smile. And keep introducing here, always and thanks thanks for your introduction.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: some changes
Replies 21 to 40 of 68 Descending
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Hey there! New to IndiBlogger but not to Blogging. I am <confidential> . But you as you can see, I chose the username Mad Hatter. I guess the reason is because ever since I first read Alice in Wonderland, the character of Mad Hatter really inspired, motivated and suprised me at the same time. His skill at donning different hats, makes me laugh sometimes. But maybe that's how humans are. Different at different times and situations. Mad Hatter, to me, represents Human Nature, Emotions, Feelings, Mysteries untold and most importantly, Life. 

Mad Hatter will always be this way for me no matter how many alterations the original character undergoes. So, I guess, this explains why Mad Hatter isn't quite so mad. This is just an explanation of what my username "Mad Hatter" means to me. I am not revealing my username because of certain restrictions and rules I have set up for my safety over the web. 

That doesn't discourage me from blogging. And I can honestly admit that I am enjoying my time on IndiBlogger and IndiVIne because of the number of different people I meet everyday who share different/same views. And that's a real good experience.

Nice to meet you all!

With love,

-Mad Hatter

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hey Mad Hatter! Thanks for sharing your name and the secret of it! This is writen so beautifully, I was thinking for what to reply. But this is too beautiful. Can't write anything.

Mad Hatter
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Well, thanks for that! =) haha. No problemo. Nice to meet you anyway! ^_^

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Smile

Vijayakrishna
Vijayakrishna
from Chennai
13 years ago

Great topic!

My full name is Vijayakrishna Ranganathan hence my blog is titled VJKRGN. Actually, Ranganathan is my father's name. Vijayakrishna means victorious Krishna who's won over the dejected Arjuna in the warfield. So basically, Vijayakrishna was the one who gave us the Gita.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thanks Vijayakrishna! Such a spiritual meaning of your name Really a wonderful one. I never thought this one. Sorry for the late actuallly!

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Cool I am Umesh.......i believe it is combo of Uma and easwar.....being born a shivratri day i was named so.  Middle name is Krishna.....i mean dads name.....derebail is a name of a place where our forefathers lived....so full name is UMESH KRISHNA DEREBAIL.......ukd

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Umesh! That's really cool! Born on Shivaratri so Umesh! Complete divine name.  People used to give divine names earliear! Mine also in the name of Lord Vishnu. Here is Maharashtra it is supposed that by calling your child at least you take God's name. So ppl give here such names. Nice to see you here! Smile

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hey

My name is Dhiraj , which means person with  Strength or Patience. But what's in name . Our blog name has no meaning . its just a fancy name . Team G Square

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Team G Square! I mean Dhiraj! Dhiraj is nice name! I saw your blog it's very nice and different earlier. I thought you have a blog with Team. Even I tried to think diff meanings of Team and G and Square. Thanks for sharing here.

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Yes its a blog by a team , me and my wife .  Its our travel story .

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Dhiraj - So sweet! 

Dhanesh Gandhi
Dhanesh Gandhi
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Everyone give it up for mohini. Even a word of appreciation for one's blog does wonders to boost morale. Mohini has been doing it for about 36 blogs now.

Taking efforts to read every one of them. Im impressed :)

Keep it up bloggers.

Cheers

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thanks Dhanesh! Still I am not getting enough time to visit all of them but ya trying ! bloggers are really writing nice, but they don' t get much publicity. isn't it?

Achyuth Sankar
Achyuth Sankar
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi :)

My name is Achyuth.Friends call me Achu (like a sneeze eh? :P )

My name is sanskrit,and I think it means Imperishable,Indestructible and One who has no weakness.A mouthfull,I know :P

People usually insult me by calling me "A*****" which means untouchable.Well,too bad they don't know that my name is a sanksrit word :P

Whatever it may be,and however people make fun of my name,I like it.After all,I've seen the film Namesake :)

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Achyuth! It's nice name and why to make fun of it! It's sanskrit and the meaning is beautiful. Thanks for sharing here.

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

Hi,

I am Sujith- A Sanskrit word- Meaning : "Good triumph" or " One with a Good Victory ".

Still waiting for my victory day.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Sujith! I am honored. Experienced blogging friends too here. Thanks for sharing. I didn't thought the meaning Sujith is so simple and great. Still waiting for the victory day? The GPR 7  the indirank 92. isn't this Good Victory - Sujith! I am still on zero GPR and still happy that at least got 0!

Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

Hi Mohini,

It's not a victory!! For victory  have to win a war , race or game... GPR and IR are just incidental

Sujith ji, I never knew of this meaning actually,  i was impressed by sujit kumar old days villain, hehehe 

very nice meaning must be su + jeet = sujith

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Sujith! I didn't think this way.BTW how can be GPR and Indirank incidental?

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Hey Mohini, what a wonderful thread this is! And you are doing a great job to introduce members of the indifamily here:-) Anyways, let me introduce myself - I am ARTI blogging @ My Yatra Diary.... My blog is very much in tune with my name which means a holy prayer ceremony done by lighting wick lamps in front of Hindu deities. It can also refer to the bhajans or devotional songs that are sung during this ritual! I do love my name but the fact that I do not know any of the aartis by heart is a different matter altogether:-P
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Arti! Sorry dear for too much late. Thanks, you liked this thread. Your blog and your name are really tuned. Your family must be proud of you. Smile I really like your blog. I have a Arti written by me, of Goddess Saraswati. It's in Marathi. You may like to know it by heart. Smile

Vinayak Ranade
Vinayak Ranade
from Pune
13 years ago

Namaskar,

What is in the name? the name is given for ID and expression of feelings at the time of name ceremony. May be by mother or who ever important at that time. Vinayak is name of Lord Ganesh (not some one at House of lords in UK)- Ganapati - etc. There is no recemblance with me as a person, nor my behavior.

Some time I used Vinay - Kind or Kindness, people who came in contact did not agree to it.

In Iran friends were calling me Kevan because it was easy for them to mispronounce Haiwan - animal.

But till today I liked to put my name only VK as ID. It helps me to keep people gessing about the full form. Some time that gesswork allows me to have more chance of meeting with the inquisitive person.

But Mohini . . . you made somany enthuziast - Rasik Mohini - do you have Mruganayan?

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Namaskar Vinayak Sir ! Sorry for the late. You have put different visions of your name , wonderful. VK  is really different, people keep guessing. About Lord......LOL. Anyway about my name and look, uploaded my photo. About eyes, hide them in specs. But ya! I get compliments for beautiful eyes. I have heard that Mruganayana 'Rasik Mohini a lil bit. Smile

Shramana
Shramana
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Hi! I'm Shramana...almost twenty, mixed breed (Oriya and Bengali) and a true blue Mumbaikar. I was named by my mum after an Oriya poem she had studied in school. Its about a tribal girl who became the first non-kshatria to study. Or at least that's what I think it is!
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Shramana! That's really a different name. And you Oriya and Bengali and Mumbaikar. Really sweet reason of your name. I have Marathi and Hindi Identity both. Thanks for introducing here.

Vinayak Ranade
Vinayak Ranade
from Pune
13 years ago

I read your blog, good it is your thought process. If you are open to suggestions then change the background image of the template to more dull and soft image. Present image is very disturbing to the eye.

See these like to share your views.

http://vkthink.blogspot.com/    

http://vk6foto.blogspot.com    

http://vkfeel.blogspot.com/    

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thanks Sir for your precious view on my thoughts and on my blog's look too. I have changed the theme. I think this look better and professional too. About your blogs, they are amazing ! Nice to read as an interesting book. Your images are also wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us.Smile

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

I am sorry friends was not here some days coz of my health . I couldn't reply you all. But now back with a fresh new mood, with new DP , as you can see. 

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Laughing

Achuthan Anil
Achuthan Anil
from Chennai
13 years ago

My name is A*****an Anil.....A*****an means Lord Krishna in Malayalam........my Blog name is Goonerburgh....it is supposed to be a fictional little town surrounding The Emirates Stadium(home to Arsenal FC-who i write abt). for all gooners(Arsenal Fans).. :D

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi A*****an! Thanks for sharing with us. Your name is diff. and nice. I have a ques. why south Indian names have 'th' instead of 't'? Why have you written *****? About gooner, all this is totally new to me. Innocent

Achuthan Anil
from Chennai
13 years ago

@mohine ahh well.u'll have to ask me mum abt the spelling......well in the case of gooner,its new everywhere........i've been one for 11 years now.........football fans genereally support the popular clubs like manchester utd.......but WE ARE HERE NOW!!!!!!!! aint that rytre Dhanesh Gandhi??

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hmm! 

Dhanesh Gandhi
Dhanesh Gandhi
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hey goonerburgh Dhanesh from ooh to be a gooner :) Remember?

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Surprised

Achuthan Anil
from Chennai
13 years ago

yea mate....u were the on who sked me to move to wordpress ryte??

Hello Indibloggers! This is Mohonish Chakraborty.Smile

And honestly speaking, i don't have the slightest of freaking idea about the meaning of my name. All i have been told is that it is one of the names of Lord Krishna. Thats it! Nothing else! No meaning. Just someone's name. Undecided

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Gra - Mmar Police! Thanks for sharing here. Even I can't guess what must be the meaning? It must be Mohon + Ish. That means Lord Krishna. Just someone's name! Cool! Cool

yeah Smile..

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Laughing

Rohan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

It is a derived name which means "Captivating" in literal sanskrit terms . So far as an individuals name is concerned it should mean "Interesting / Enchanting" , more simple terms "Human Magnet" something like that Cool

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Yup Rohan! Similar to Mohini! Isn't it?

Hey Thanks Rohan! I didn't know that!.... whoa! my name means Interesting/Enchanting! Cool

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
13 years ago

I blog under the pseudonym Pundit Commentator because I comment on politics and current affairs like the TV talking heads known as "pundits" except I choose internet over TV.

http://punditcommentator.blogspot.com

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Pundit, great name and great choice of the name.............welcome to indi!Smile n'joy blogging! best wishes

Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
13 years ago

my name is madhav which is another name for lord krishna and i blog under maniac.hunter

no meanin to this...jus a pseudo name i picked while playin little counter strike Tongue out sucked at that Embarassed

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

HI Madhav! Welcome to Indi. It's sweet name you have. But manian.hunter, really different and cool one. nice blog you have, i have visited it! keep it up! best wishes.Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Beautiful name Madhav:)

oho! counter-strike maniac.hunter!

cool name! ... addict? me too!

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
13 years ago

@mohini thank you!

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

PC- great to see you here, I saw your blog, yesterday, looks very happening! I guess you enjoy blogging! It's my pleasure to know about you friends..........Smile

My name is Venu Gopal, named after Lord Krishna. Venu = Flute. Gopal = Krishna. I blog with a name DuBugu - ideally BuDugu is a character created by Bapu (telugu comic writer/director). I just transposed the 1st and the 3rd letter. I like to write about humour or spoofs/parody

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Venu Gopal -welcome to indi, and my thread, Thanks for sharing about your name, I didn't know this about Venu. Totally different attitute towards name.......I didn't know about Budugu! Cool! I too like parody and humour. all the best and n'joy blogging.......Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Very sweet name, Venu Gopal... And the Blogger name is well chosen too!!!
Monica
Monica
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Heya :)

My name is Monica.When I was a kid my father convinced me almost successfully that my name means a girl who remains maun means silent (I blabber a lot ;) ) and so I should live upto my name but as I grew up internet happened and I googled my name and realized that it means advisor and I live upto this actual meaning thankfully ;)

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

LOL Monica! Your father is great and you too! Adviser, I didnt know, monica looks a glamorous name..it's meaning so practical......!!! Welcome to indi! enjoy blogging and advising.......Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread