Ring The Bell for IndiChange!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

IndiChange and RingTheBell are back, and this is time it's a contest where there are no winners or losers.

Blog about Ring the Bell, and for every 50 entries received, Breakthrough will put 1 lakh INR towards training self-help groups (SHGs), community-based organisations (CBOs) and youth in schools in the district of Gaya in the state of Bihar.

"Harnessing the collective power of blogging to fight evil." - shall we set a target?

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=80

Replies 21 to 40 of 73 Ascending
Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Laughing

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Dreaming or no dreaming, this is bad...especially for the professionally-managed forum like IB. False promises and false hopes.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

actually most of the ones they sent broke..maybe thats why

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

They should have thought of that before making such promises. Undecided

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Sometimes it feels so cheap to wait for these small (but blissful) things indefinitely to knock your door... So it's our fault that we wait [monkish smile]... Yes when binomial theorem doesn't work in professional space chaos prevails and hypocrisy is born in every dark corner of the alley [sigh]

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

AS, it's not about the mug, at least not for me. It's about doing what you say. Of course, I can buy dozens of mugs from my own hard-earned money. But this kind of management does bug me.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

atleast they are not false promises....cos many did recieve...yes its unfortunate that they broke...

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

ND, for me it's a false promise cause I haven't received it. When I say false promises and false hope, it's for myself.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

for me false promise would be if no one got anything...yea me too didnt get the mug...but i'd think there could be some valid reasons why its delayed and I trust IB enough to hope those reasons are sorted soon.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

ND, good thing you trust IB Smile...I have reached the end of my patience. If (which seems highly unlikely to me) I get my mug now, most probably I will smash it to pieces Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

itna gussa? :o i trust IB cos i recieved many goodies till now, so if there is some delay i'd know its for genuine reasons

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Well... It's not good to interfere when two ladies talk/argue/discuss things, but here what I feel ND has every reason to keep her faith strong and Pankti has equally valid reason to distrust the professionalism being shown here, judging from the platforms they two respectively are standing on... [Sigh]...

Well for me it's a 50-50 thing... as it's professional space (considering mutual benefits between blogger and IB/sponsor) I'll greatly appreciate if delivery of service and payment for the same (in any form) takes place hand to hand with acceptable marginal delay... Cheers [smile]

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

AS u got a broken mug....so it was delivered albeit brokenTongue out

Rajni sinha
Rajni sinha
from nagpur
10 years ago

I have stopped dreaming ---no use 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

dont stop dreaming...sometimes dreams do come trueSmile

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

BTW, I haven't received any mug from this contest. Has everyone else received it?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago
yea ...i got one..........................................in my dream :P
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

I didn't get it even in my dreams Cry

Mamata Patil
Mamata Patil
from Gurgaon
10 years ago

MUG Cry

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

I too haven't got the mug CryCryCryCry

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

I guess none of you would have cherished a broken mug [grin]

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

me too not gotCryCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Crying babies Tongue out

Kritika Narula
Kritika Narula
from delhi
10 years ago

its been far too long...Delhi isnt inaccessible, is it?

Kritika Narula
Kritika Narula
from delhi
10 years ago

I havent received my mug as yet!!!!Cry

Rajni sinha
Rajni sinha
from nagpur
10 years ago

Have not received any mug --neither broken nor whole --though I did receive a mail saying they would be sending one 

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

they have not even sent me such a mail Yell

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Me too! Undecided

I hope that they didn't mark my entry as invalid! Foot in mouth

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

they didnt send me mail tooUndecided now i want a mail, a broken mug and a fresh mugMoney mouthCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Anything else? Undecided

Tushar Mangl
Tushar Mangl
from Gurgaon
10 years ago

Have not recieved the mug yet

Prathamesh Amrutkar
Prathamesh Amrutkar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

i received two broken mugs... hope new mugs will come soon!

Koteeswari
Koteeswari
from chennai
10 years ago

I didnt receive anything yet...not even the broken mugTongue out

Prabhavathi.K
Prabhavathi.K
from chennai
10 years ago

I too received my mug in Broken condition only...

http://prabhavathik.blogspot.in/2013/08/damaged-cup-that-broke-my-heart.html

Poonam
Poonam
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks for a prompt reassurance, Renie. 

I have a suggestion - Please request the courier companies to mention 'Fragile' on the box otherwise people's stints with broken mugs will continue for eternity. And also, if u can, please suggest them to package it in a more proper way.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Sorry about the broken mugs! Frown

Everyone who got a broken mug will get a new one sent across. Also, we're waiting for the dispatch details so we can update InDispatch.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

And what about those who haven't received anything until yet? Innocent

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Hey Panki, I'll ask my team to look into your situation. As far as I know, many of the Ambi Pur car samples are yet to be sent out, so you don't have to worry just yet. (The contest has been extended to September 30). There aren't too many books to go around, and they're mostly sent out on a first-come basis. Ring The Bell mug - we'll let you know as soon as we get the dispatch numbers!

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Cool Renie Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

From now onwards, I should apply for the books as soon as they are displayed. InnocentLaughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

will have to stay awake mignights then...cos most of the things are usually announced late mindnights

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Then, bye bye to books. Tongue out

kaan aur sona more important hai. Money mouth

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

kaan??? means ears???

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

typo

kana = food 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

in our language kaan means ears and kana means deafTongue out khana is food.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Sealed.

Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Renie, I had written two entries and one the mugs came in a broken condition. I received the other mug today in perfect condition Smile

aashish rai
aashish rai
from Gurugram
10 years ago

IndiMug or AmbiPur Mini Vent are not shown in the Indispatch.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Nothing is shown on Ind-Dipatch. Period.Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Vent is being shown for those who got it.

But for me, the status is Not Delivered - Address Incorrect Undecided

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

I haven't received any mug Cry

@Renie, am I going to recieve anything from IB ever???? I applied for Ambipur sample, didn't receive it. I applied for books to review, I didn't receive it. I wrote for Ring The Bell, didn't receive anything.

Are you listening Renie????????????????????????????

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

at least u can do is throwing a glance at your indi-dispatch, if it mentions the courier name & docket no. of the sent items,then u may contact the courier office.Cool

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

AV, here is the screen shot of my Indi-Dispatch

InDispatch Sorry! It looks like we've not sent you anything as yet.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

lmao panktiLaughing even i didnt get ambipur n mugCryCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Pankti Your IndiDispatch looks so clean just like my FB profile. Sealed

Poonam
Poonam
from New Delhi
10 years ago

+1 to Prasanna and Tushar, both. Prasanna, your ordeal is same as mine, word to word.

Just that for me it was a double shock as both the mugs, for two entries were tattered.

Renie, please look into the matter and oblige. Frown

Poonam
from New Delhi
10 years ago

And, One Mug for a third entry is pending. Just hope that third one will be safe and sound. 

And, the other two will be replaced. Undecided

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Poonam, I am not sure if each entry made by an individual will get a mug. Even I wrote three entries but have received only one mug. Thankfully it was intact though the packing was really loose and quite shoddy.

I took it for granted that they must be sending one mug for one contributor even if he/she made multiple entries.

Does anyone know for sure what the deal is for this?

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
Well, my question has been answered. I received a completely smashed mug today. Blue dart guy said what can we do we got it like this only. Could it be that the agency that has been tasked with sending these is getting rid of its broken stock like this? I mean they are packing broken mugs in the first place? How else would so many of them be broken? Will post a picture. Inditeam, please find out what this mockery is. Thanks.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

hmmm...will courier guy admit their own faults? fyi i think these mugs were customised for the ring bell initiative (  if i'm not wrong ), hence cant be some extra broken mugs lying around at the stockist's godown right which he wanted to get did off? i feel as someone mentioned earlier it mustve been poor packing.

Poonam
Poonam
from New Delhi
10 years ago

+1 to Prasanna and +1 to Tushar too. I received my two mugs for my two entries and both in horrible conditions. Renie, please look into the matter. 

And Prassana, your ordeal is same as mine. Word to word.

Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I had written two posts but received only one mug. Anyway looking at the condition of the first mug I fear what would have happened to the second oneYell

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ PR As far as I remember, it is one mug per participant. Innocent

@ PK Were those two mugs for your entry and uncle's entry? Laughing

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

These mugs remind me of the food items sent by my parents which came to me in powdered form. Undecided

Coincidentally, even my perk has arrived in tatters. So much for a genuine effort towards an egalitarian cause. I can't help but feel that most of the cups were damaged beforehand because wrapping them in a layer of newspaper and expecting them to arrive at destination safe and sound is nothing but pure cretin stuff Cry

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

why would they be damaged beforehand..doesnt make sense...

Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Nandini, my guess is it was not properly packed. It was packed in newspaper and a little thermocol package. The courier people are not particularly known for handling packages carefully Undecided

LockSign in to reply to this thread