Ring The Bell for IndiChange!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

IndiChange and RingTheBell are back, and this is time it's a contest where there are no winners or losers.

Blog about Ring the Bell, and for every 50 entries received, Breakthrough will put 1 lakh INR towards training self-help groups (SHGs), community-based organisations (CBOs) and youth in schools in the district of Gaya in the state of Bihar.

"Harnessing the collective power of blogging to fight evil." - shall we set a target?

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=80

Replies 21 to 40 of 81 Descending

After eons of contemplation and retrospect, I too posted my entry today. Feeling somewhat delighted after having done my bit as a blogger towards this egalitarian cause. Smile

Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

I am so happy to see that there are 201 posts for this topic.

I also saw a funny thing today. I tried to read a blog post on this topic but the message I received was, 'type in your password to open this article.' ????   This is a public post on the 'Ring the bell' page. Why do I need a password and who will give it to me?

Next wonder, this post has several votes. Now, did the wise people who voted for it already have the password or did they just open the page, close it and vote without being able to read the post?

i wonder....

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey Madhu Bhardwaj It is my Post .. I submitted it around 3.30 am last night.. It wasn't complete and couldn't do it cz I had to be @ the office early today... I'll complete it today.. since it is not a contest. I guess it will do no harm. Undecided

Tushar Kumar Singh
from Delhi,Mumbai
10 years ago

Well, I know of certain password protection widgets but I always believed that no one but only the CIA may be in some real need of using it. As it turns out, there are a few more prudent uses of it. Laughing

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I must've been among the first to submit my entry for this one, but no sign of my post :((((((((((((((((((((((((

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago
Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
10 years ago

thank you, oh wow thank you so much , appreciate so much

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Smile

Swati Nitin Gupta
Swati Nitin Gupta
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Hi Bloggers,

The contest may be over but the work has not yet begun. So do keep Ringing the Bell and let's try to make this world a better place for women, and children and elederlies -- the three most vulnerable sections of any society.

Shradha Jain
Shradha Jain
from Gurgaon
10 years ago

No

Just about to post my entry seeing that it was still open. But when I was getting to post, the campaign closed. Can it be open atleast for 10 min? 

Uma Maheswari Anandane
from Karaikal
10 years ago

Thanks! Luckily it was still open and submitted 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i thought campaign was over long back :o

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Campaign has closed long back but Renie forgot to remove the submit link in the latest and popular tabs. Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

hail rajnikant....only you can see what rest of us mortals missTongue outFoot in mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Tongue out.

Shradha Jain
Shradha Jain
from Gurgaon
10 years ago

I received my Ring the Bell Mug. It's my first ever prize from Indiblogger. Thanks a lot!

Mamata Patil
Mamata Patil
from Gurgaon
10 years ago

I dint get yet Cry

Whatever, whether my entry is accepted or not, I just rang the Bell with my input on this cause. 

And for me , sumbit link shining bright on the popular tab even after the contest was over was just a signal for my entry to go in ;)

Glad it did (though Renie might think otherwise) but still my entry (poem) had its feedback and that's what I needed at the end of the day :)

aashish rai
aashish rai
from Gurugram
10 years ago

Just received my Breakthrough Mug via Blue Dart Courier. Many Thanks!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

not recieved mine yetCry

Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I too havent received it Frown

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Oh my sweet Mug, where art thou ? :))) 

Prasanna Rao
Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I received my mug today and it was horribly broken into pieces. Unfortunately I was not there when the courier person delivered it and I saw it only after reaching home in the evening. Here's a pic. Completely heart-broken Cry

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

awww sadSurprised

Coincidentally, even my perk has arrived in tatters. So much for a genuine effort towards an egalitarian cause. I can't help but feel that most of the cups were damaged beforehand because wrapping them in a layer of newspaper and expecting them to arrive at destination safe and sound is nothing but pure cretin stuff Cry

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

why would they be damaged beforehand..doesnt make sense...

Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Nandini, my guess is it was not properly packed. It was packed in newspaper and a little thermocol package. The courier people are not particularly known for handling packages carefully Undecided

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

These mugs remind me of the food items sent by my parents which came to me in powdered form. Undecided

Poonam
Poonam
from New Delhi
10 years ago

+1 to Prasanna and +1 to Tushar too. I received my two mugs for my two entries and both in horrible conditions. Renie, please look into the matter. 

And Prassana, your ordeal is same as mine. Word to word.

Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I had written two posts but received only one mug. Anyway looking at the condition of the first mug I fear what would have happened to the second oneYell

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ PR As far as I remember, it is one mug per participant. Innocent

@ PK Were those two mugs for your entry and uncle's entry? Laughing

Poonam
Poonam
from New Delhi
10 years ago

+1 to Prasanna and Tushar, both. Prasanna, your ordeal is same as mine, word to word.

Just that for me it was a double shock as both the mugs, for two entries were tattered.

Renie, please look into the matter and oblige. Frown

Poonam
from New Delhi
10 years ago

And, One Mug for a third entry is pending. Just hope that third one will be safe and sound. 

And, the other two will be replaced. Undecided

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Poonam, I am not sure if each entry made by an individual will get a mug. Even I wrote three entries but have received only one mug. Thankfully it was intact though the packing was really loose and quite shoddy.

I took it for granted that they must be sending one mug for one contributor even if he/she made multiple entries.

Does anyone know for sure what the deal is for this?

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
Well, my question has been answered. I received a completely smashed mug today. Blue dart guy said what can we do we got it like this only. Could it be that the agency that has been tasked with sending these is getting rid of its broken stock like this? I mean they are packing broken mugs in the first place? How else would so many of them be broken? Will post a picture. Inditeam, please find out what this mockery is. Thanks.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

hmmm...will courier guy admit their own faults? fyi i think these mugs were customised for the ring bell initiative (  if i'm not wrong ), hence cant be some extra broken mugs lying around at the stockist's godown right which he wanted to get did off? i feel as someone mentioned earlier it mustve been poor packing.

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

I haven't received any mug Cry

@Renie, am I going to recieve anything from IB ever???? I applied for Ambipur sample, didn't receive it. I applied for books to review, I didn't receive it. I wrote for Ring The Bell, didn't receive anything.

Are you listening Renie????????????????????????????

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

at least u can do is throwing a glance at your indi-dispatch, if it mentions the courier name & docket no. of the sent items,then u may contact the courier office.Cool

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

AV, here is the screen shot of my Indi-Dispatch

InDispatch Sorry! It looks like we've not sent you anything as yet.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

lmao panktiLaughing even i didnt get ambipur n mugCryCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Pankti Your IndiDispatch looks so clean just like my FB profile. Sealed

aashish rai
aashish rai
from Gurugram
10 years ago

IndiMug or AmbiPur Mini Vent are not shown in the Indispatch.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Nothing is shown on Ind-Dipatch. Period.Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Vent is being shown for those who got it.

But for me, the status is Not Delivered - Address Incorrect Undecided

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Sorry about the broken mugs! Frown

Everyone who got a broken mug will get a new one sent across. Also, we're waiting for the dispatch details so we can update InDispatch.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

And what about those who haven't received anything until yet? Innocent

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Hey Panki, I'll ask my team to look into your situation. As far as I know, many of the Ambi Pur car samples are yet to be sent out, so you don't have to worry just yet. (The contest has been extended to September 30). There aren't too many books to go around, and they're mostly sent out on a first-come basis. Ring The Bell mug - we'll let you know as soon as we get the dispatch numbers!

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Cool Renie Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

From now onwards, I should apply for the books as soon as they are displayed. InnocentLaughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

will have to stay awake mignights then...cos most of the things are usually announced late mindnights

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Then, bye bye to books. Tongue out

kaan aur sona more important hai. Money mouth

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

kaan??? means ears???

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

typo

kana = food 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

in our language kaan means ears and kana means deafTongue out khana is food.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Sealed.

Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Renie, I had written two entries and one the mugs came in a broken condition. I received the other mug today in perfect condition Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread