Beauty has an address! #BeautifulOman

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
9 years ago

New contest, people - 3 holiday trips to Oman to be won + IndiPattaani prizes! Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=110

Replies 21 to 40 of 81 Descending
Yamini
Yamini
from Jaipur
9 years ago

This sounds interesting! :D

My freind had visited Oman last year and she had some beautiful things to say.

I am dreaming too... 3 bloggers in Oman would be fun.

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I so much wish that we two win this contest Manjulika :)

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Me Wants to Go Oman   

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

didnt know oman was in space...that looks like a space-shipFoot in mouthTongue out

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

ND,I didnt get a aeroplane smiley...so decided to take a space-ship only Tongue out

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

This one is for you

I am generous you see Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

where am i going in it?

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I am sending you to Oman Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

that looks more like alien abductionFoot in mouth

Please remember only 3 can go to Oman Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Alert! Alert! Alert! ND and knitha kidnapped by aliens! Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

i'm hereCool...i kicked the aliensLaughing...knitha is gone with themTongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

knitha! Surprised

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Tongue out....

Rutavi Mehta
Rutavi Mehta
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Im completely confused .DO we write on Oman or on Beauty has an address ?

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Rutavi Mehta,you have to write about Oman......Beauty has an adress is just a caption for this contest.

Vijay Kumar Sharma
Vijay Kumar Sharma
from Noida
9 years ago

Great to see a Travelling Contest. Would definitely give it a try !

Oman is so beautiful! I always thought it was some dull desert country. Smile

Nihal Lazarus
Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

To clarify the point about the IndiPattani prizes - there are 4 prizes in total.

There are a couple of more questions for which I shall have answers in the next few days (the person in charge is unavailable)

geetanjali
geetanjali
from gurgaon
9 years ago

HI Guys,

Even m so excited to read this post and m really looking forward to it :) All the best to everyone !

Hi

Now for the most perplexing question. The contest consitions do mention "the contest is open to all legal residents of India" BUT does not say "Restricted to".

cc @Rene, @Ranjith Could someone please clariy this to me if an Citizen of India yet NRI can still participate in this contest?

Thanks,

Sush

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
9 years ago

Hey Sushma, I'm pretty sure you can participate - but the flights (prizes) are only out of India. Which country are you in at the moment?

Thanks Renie. Iam based in Doha currently.  Would love to make my attempt to writing!

Nihal Lazarus
Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

Answers to a few questions that are still open;

Age restrictions: All participants must be 18 yrs old on or before the 31st of August, 2014

+1s: +1s will be allowed as long as all costs incurred by the +1 will be borne by the traveller. This includes but is not limited to travel to, from and within Oman, Food, Lodging etc.

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
9 years ago

+1 sounds so much better... 

Chaitali Patel
Chaitali Patel
from Mumbai
9 years ago

So once I have written my entry for this contest, do I publish it on my blog or do I just keep it as a draft while sending them the link?

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Publish it on your blog. Then submit it here.

Vibha Ravi
Vibha Ravi
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Thanks Indiblogger team for the interesting topic!! To me, the mention of Oman used to conjure up images of desert and sand. Researching the place makes for such a delightful discovery!

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Just One day left and I am still....

me too Frown

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

no  for me Cool

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
9 years ago

No time...I think I'll skip this one Undecided

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Bushra is skipping this contest people!!!!!Yell....so chances of winning is high for others Tongue out....Kiddign BushraWink

Bushra M
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Lol KnithaTongue out

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
9 years ago

Contest extended to Wednesday, since Borosil (round 1) is also closing on Monday!

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Thanks renie Laughing

I have a big list of places I would like to visit in and around the Globe. My first preference will be Oman even though I have visited and lived over there for more than two decades. May be that is the reason I would like to visit Oman again. Yes It is my home away home.  I landed Oman on 05 Jan 1987 to join my husband who was working over there, and left that place on Dec.2013. During my stay over there.I was watching the growth of Oman as a mother watches her daughter growing and feel proud about her beauty and elegance.  In '87 Oman was developing. There were no proper roads in Wadi Kabir, Hamriya and Honda road areas. Al-Khuwair was developing. The 'bhs' building was a land mark. When CCC came we were thrilled to visit that. but now...! What a growth!. How many Hyper markets!! Those days only very few parks.. In early '90s Qurum park was developed. I still remember those days we visited that park with our kids. Now I want to visit that park again.  I would like to visit Rumaiz garden, Nakhal, Rustaq, and Nizwa. Those were our favourite picnic destination those days.. Now I would like to visit agin all those places and see the difference. My favourite picinic spot in Oman is Yiti beach. I would like to visit Yiti beach during Nov-Feb, because at that time rare birds will come to Yiti. Moreover driving to Yiti beach, and Quriyat are awesome experience. I don't want to miss that. I would like to visit Al-sawadi beach too to collect colourful  and beautiful shells .    Recently Oman has developed interesting tourist attractions like going deep into the sea and watch dolphins. I enjoyed that twice, Wow! It's really fantastic. Who will not like that again? and the next fascinating, thrilling experience is desert safari... I will definitely go for it.  Last but not the least is visiting Shiva temple at Muscat and Krishna temple at Darseit and worship. I suppose there is no need to mention that my trip to Oman will not be completed without relishing sambar vada at Oman express and dokla at Bollywood restaurant. 

I think you have submitted your post incorrectly under wrong category "Queer Pride"

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Renie, pl add a criteria that bloggers who have not visited abroad earlier should be given first priority Wink in that way, I will have a chance. Since I never been outside country or remotely any holidays in thsi country, this will give me experience to write more for your "travel" contests :)

divsi
from mumbai
9 years ago

hehe ekta! i second u Tongue out

LockSign in to reply to this thread