Launch of IndiSpire

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Thank you all for participating in our earlier thread where we asked for random topics; now you can see why! 

Check out IndiSpire, and let us know what you think! Smile

Replies 41 to 60 of 120 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

IndiSpire posts on the home page! Cool

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

That too irrespective of the number of Votes! Cool

But you still got highest votes I think, Anita,
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

thats actually nice

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes. It is showing the latest posts Cool

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

@Rio, Yes, I do have the highest votes as of now. But, now anyone can join in & still feature on the home-page!

@NSV, Chance to join & make it to the IB home-page!

@Anita I featured in the main page by being a part f top 6 forum heroes Tongue out

Unforturnately thats not what i want. I want the top post on IB badge   Money mouthUndecidedCry

NSV, i can give you a way to acheive that.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

NSV Why don't you follow my idea?  Yell Tongue outMoney mouth

@R your idea is simply not good Tongue out

@RIo...tell me what i shud do?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Undecided

On your marks, get Set and go on a voting spree, like the Arjuna, just see the view post to vote link and reverse and come back to indi page and vote. Vote as many you can, donot leave anyone thirsty for vote, and see your post risingin the sky my dear friend.

I dont read/find enough posts in a day to vote Frown

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

NSV Rio didn't ask you to read. Money mouth

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

@Anita I featured in the main page by being a part f top 6 forum heroes Tongue out

Unforturnately thats not what i want. I want the top post on IB badge   Money mouthUndecidedCry

@NSV, Featuring on IB Home-Page is top honor! Congrats for that! Wink

Follow Rio & Ranjith's cool suggestions for Top-Post on IB badge! Best wishes Cool

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Shouldn't it be IndiSpire? Tongue out

or is IndiSpired past tense of IndiSpire? Innocent

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

It should be IndiSpire if we are referring to the Noun form (as the Name of this new initiative).

Else, IndiSpired (liked Inspired) if we are referring to the Verb form!

Both are apt! Innocent

indispired post is more apt, as these posts have come up after being inspired at indispire. so rightly it is in past tense. btw, you could have included me in the snapshot but alas.

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Rio, Ranjith took the snapshot before you submitted your latest one! Innocent

I was just joking Anita,
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Too busy with the contests. Maybe will try this when I decide to take my next break from contests.

hehehe, carryon dude, carryon. I am with you.Laughing btw my third part of waking from dead is up.

this home page feature gonna attract more writers.

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Even I feel so! Laughing

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Hi Rio, read your story and found it very engaging. Was it all really true - the dream, chandrabhaga and the money? Innocent

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

I love the IndiSpire idea.

I have 1 suggestion-

Could we please have no Voting for this? Else, the Voting can be on the lines of the idea-submission for IndiSpire- in which we see only max 5 latest Voters. Our Post need not be anonymous, but no one knows the total number of Votes of our entry. The total Vote Count for all the submissions & the true 'Top-Post' will be known on the last day.

I feel this will-

A) Earn the quality posts their deserving Votes

B) Encourage everyone to read & comment on the Posts & then Vote if they like it. (just like we are doing for the IndiSpire ideas now)

I think present setup is just fine. If originator name is disclosed then false voting would come up. One will start voting to get back vote for his topic. And spamming would start.
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Rio, I am not referring to the IndiSpire idea/prompt stage. It's just fine! Anonymity works great and an idea is selected on the basis of its strength.

My Suggestion is that let us have the same set-up for our IndiSpired Post/Entry where once we submit our entry, we can see only the latest 5 voters and not the total number of votes or voters (just like in the IndiSpire idea/prompt now)

Ohhk, that idea is worth considering. I got the lines wrong.
AMRITA SABAT
AMRITA SABAT
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

I was thinking that even this could happen...and it has...

Now der are two latest posts on home page under Indispire which are on unrelated topics- NaMo and Delhi's crumbling metro infrastructure....

There shd b a way to chk d content of the posts as well, otherwise jst to get featured on homepg ppl can do this too n not just b back from d dead!!

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Amrita, Agree with you. But, how will the system judge whether we have posted relevant content?

If it looks for the hashtag in our Post, we may be smart enough to have employed the required hashtag & yet have strayed outside the boundaries of the Topic! Innocent

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Anita, the only way is to report to IndiTeam using the report button and they will remove it.......But still these posts have their 15 min (or hours) of fame.

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Yes, Saket. IndiTeam removed those Posts pretty fast, but they enjoyed the IB Home-Page advantage for some time!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Wonder why the IndiSpire mails have 'Skyscanner meet page' linked up with that 'IndiSpire bulb image' at the top instead of the real thing? Undecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

maybe typo

Vishal Kataria
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
10 years ago

Is the winner going to be decided upon the number of votes? If that is the case it would suck. It's like Chetan Bhagat trumping Malcolm Gladwell (at least in India).

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The topic would be selected based on votes.

There is nothing like winners for a topic. 

Laughing

Sanket Farande
Sanket Farande
from Pune
10 years ago

I wasnt blogging for awhile.. Saw this interesting Email about IndiSpire and jumped in.

Wonderful initiative, Very motivating indeed.

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Submitted my post for edition-3.

I love this Indispire format!Smile

Great going bro,
I think closing time of 10pm should be extended to 12 pm.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Keeping the closing time at 10 would ensure that bloggers don't lose their sleep trying to submit at the last moment Cool

Only contest posts need to be submitted at last moment.
Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Because of this initiative after so many days I have taken my writing seriously...and I'm satisfied with the outcomes. :)

Started a series of survivor and hope a film will be made on it,
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Great!

It will be made into A suspense thriller with multiple intervals inbetween, 2 or 3 or more depending upon the number of posts you write.Smile 

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I think it should be made mandatory for the people who are suggesting the topic and who are voting for it to write a post on it because I feel people are suggesting and voting without taking it seriously. It will stop people from casually posting ideas and voting from them. 

One can not force people I think. If someone doesn't want to write after voting for idea or donot wish to write on his proposal even.
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Rio - But it will lead to casual voting and may be topics on which people would actually like to write may not get featured. I thought the motive was to promote writing not voting, isn't it?

Shivangi Sharma
Shivangi Sharma
from New Delhi
10 years ago

can someone brief me about it a little more! Also, how do we vote for a topic? by simply tweeting about it?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

under each topic is "vote for this idea" button --- you have to click on that to vote, you can also tweet but that will be tweeting not voting

You have to click on the vote button below the idea. If the topic of your choice gets enough votes, it will be the next week's topic to blog on

Indispire running strong and sturdy.
Congo's Saket, this time your idea it is.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

When will my idea get selected ? Undecided

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Ah, Thanks Rio. Feel happy. Noticed just now.

Shalini
Shalini
from Pithoragarh
10 years ago

yes, 12 o clock pls!! I feel like I have just completed a marathon by submitting for the last prompt- "dream library".Cry

My bad, that I missed to check for the last 6days, though Frown

Zainab Ummer Farook
Zainab Ummer Farook
from Kozhikode
10 years ago

Okay, I take a two-month hiatus from blogging because of my twelfth grade board exams and IB launches this cool new intiative.

Note to self: never put blog on hiatus.

Anyway, kudos to Team IB for this venture! :)

Submitted for this week Cool

Very fast, and congo's to you at last, topic winner. I too submitted today.

Submitted for the previous week as well, just in time

LockSign in to reply to this thread