Right away I made my choice
Headed out to my big two-wheeler,
I was tired of my own voice....

We rolled across the high plains

Deep into the mountains

Felt so good to me

Finally feelin' free

- Bob Seger, Roll Me Away

Here's a contest for all the bikers out there - and those of you who have biker friends! Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=54

Let us know if you have any questions, and please give us your ideas for the T-shirt design! Laughing

Replies 41 to 60 of 178 Descending
Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
12 years ago
aaahhhhhhhhh i submitted my entry.. was not tough to pen down ...a memory is always easier to flow.. god knows if it really is a "wide open highway". But somewhere felt a lofetime experience is always like a "wide open highway". hey someone tell me if it quliifies an entry to contest.... ;-)
Ashu
from kolkata
12 years ago

OOPS looks for a post call fatfatiya :   फटफटिया ...Cool

Sealed

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
12 years ago

Fictions allowed Ashu, it just need to be associated with Biking/Riding...so your should be allowed :)

Rishi
Rishi
from Pune
12 years ago

The Contest Evaluation guideleines say Indivotes wont be the Criteria, Appreciate only if you identify to/like the post..

The Post here for Rider fraternity,

http://rollingstonerishi.wordpress.com/2012/04/09/ғor-тнe-иєω-υnknown/

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
12 years ago

hey Rishi, self promotion not allowed on forums bhai :)

Sri
Sri
from chennai
11 years ago

A gud one which mustn't be missed.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
So the last day tomorrow and I am yet to submit mine... Its a race against time now.

write away, DS!!!! 24 hours is a lot of hours:)

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Same pinchWink.

@Bhavana

48 hours yaTongue out

Ouch, Pooja, you pinch hard. In btw what was the same pinch about--what was same???

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago
the job by the bloggers are already done... giving a good challenge to each other....while the icing on the cake is for the contest judges.... Gonna to be a rough ride choosing the Winning Bikes... OOOps Winning Blogs.... Must Confess AWSOME entries for this contest.... congrats to all the entries and all the Best... tic toc tic toc...... 6days to go.....

6 days? I thought contest over tomorrow? In btw---yes, it is a treat to read some of the great blogs:)

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago
hey would like to share some news... a friend of mine in dubai media has an assignment to document an indian village in July/Aug and was looking for a story to make a link with the documnetary.. he loved my Post :"fatfatiya" (a bhojpuri slang for a bike) written for the contest... he says he wants some changes..even the name :-( "memoirs of a kid biker" or something... since its in Hindi meant for an indian School here, he loved Bhojpuri hindi as a language... :-)... lets see how it goes... but am thrilled....

congrats:):)

C. Suresh
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

This contest has been good for me, too. Never had a post that got even close to being as popular as Desi Wild Hogs which I wrote for this contest. Thanks to The Fool for having suggested that I attempt an Indian version of 'Wild Hogs'!!

great going cs

Suresh, you are one great writer--not only do you write well, with a good message, you also manage to write profusely!!! I am astounded by the no. of articles you have produced in a single month!!! Hats off, genius!

And Pramodji, Suresh is following on your footsteps it seemsLaughing

he is getting the wisdom of the fool.

though I too get a little of that now and then.

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks to TF, of course..he has even propelled me to the first popularity page of a contest..now I can die happy:):) Try being totally unemployed, Bhavana, and you will find yourself writing prolifically too:)

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Somehow completed the post! Hope it gets the T at least!!

best of luck dude, 

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

All the best DSCool

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Ok its high time I write my postTongue out. I want INDI T-SHIRTLaughingFoot in mouth.

Write fast girl--tick tock, tick tock!

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hehehe ThanksLaughing

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

haha Poo,atleast here we can expect something if its a valid post. :D this contest won't disappoint like other contest :D

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Exactly StephenLaughing. Thats exactly why I LOVE THIS CONTESTKiss. Atleast this will make me happyLaughingTongue out.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Loved writing my first post for this biker's contest! I must admit that it was a real learning experience... hope to be able to finish and upload my second post too now as I'm now confident that I'll be able write more on the biker world!

Hope to have a few of you reach out to my blog and give it a dekko, please. :)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Guys, I just got a 'like' from none other than Vineet Rajan... and it fills me with pride.

However, I'm sure he would be 'liking' most of the wonderful posts here... 

it was sure a real supe post Arvind ji,  

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Yay, Done with 2 posts in 48hoursLaughing.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I got a last minute inspiration from something DS said and managed to put up one more entry for this contest. So this year I continue my record of 2 entries for every contest. This time a story of mystery biker without a bike.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

My second entry for the Castrol contest is done and uploaded... and have already got a 'like' from Vineet Rajan!

This post has some insights into the enigma called 'bikers' through the eyes of micro-blogging. Will tweets help us know more about bikers? You decide... obviously AFTER having read the post! :)

nice concept of tweets into post, great.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Thanks Pramod ji, and yes, tweets do give one a lot of scope to find out a few not-so-known facets for any issue. But they need a lot of sifting and that can be rather time-consuming. No wonder I could submit my post only on the last day of the contest.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Will it be possible to mobilise a team (and get sponsors, if possible) for a bike trip to Leh? Sometime in June or July... ? Someone may have to sponsor bikes too... as my bike is being driven by my nephew now and I am marooned in my car! :)

Fun..huh--an indiblogger team!!! Am planning to go to Ladakh with a group from Chennai in August--so cant join in:)

my younger bro was looking for an open jeep on hire in delhi, and take his wife along in self drive to laddakh. I told him kisi turn pe bhabhi ko khaai me giraana hai kya.

remo@b'lore
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I will join in for a motorcycle ride to Leh. It's been a dream for a long time.

Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

I just happen to do a lot of interviews for this one.. nonetheless the contest but I got a new genre for publishing on my blog. I started a series 'The Riderz Diaries'. Most of them have stories from people based out of North America but have done awesome road trips throughout the continent and beyond. There is something about these contests .. keeping aside the winning expectations they do bring a new perspective to my blog everytime :)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Great. That is more valuable than a stray i-pad or two.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

This is surely the best part about these contests... they just pick you up to put you down in places that are either unknown to you or you've been thinking about going there but didn't know how.

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago
when is the D-DAY....when the results getting announced....anyone knows??
Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Leave the resultsSurprisedWhen are we getting our T-SHIRTS?CoolKissInnocent

Haha.. Laughing That's exactly what I wanted to say... High Five Laughing

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Princess always gets straight to the heart of the matter.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@Ritvik

Hi-10CoolLaughingTongue out.

@TF JHI

HeheheEmbarassedEmbarassed

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Has the design or logo or slogan for T-shirt finalised yet?

LockSign in to reply to this thread