The Indian Blogger Awards 2017

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
6 years ago

Join your fellow IndiBloggers this evening at 7PM on Twitter and Facebook for our launch of the biggest, baddest, most definitive Blogging Awards yet!

#IBA2017

logo-email-trans.png

THE AGENDA

1. We launch the Indian Blogger awards, 2017
  2. We have developed something new and would like to share it.
  3. Celebrate 10 years of IndiBlogger.

Can't wait until 7PM? Join #IBA2017 now, bring chips!

Replies 41 to 60 of 224 Descending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
6 years ago

Creativity and originality get 80 percent... I'm glad it is so. 

Tikulli
from Delhi
6 years ago

Yes, that got me interested too. 

SUJATA TAWDE
SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
6 years ago

Are we allowed to submit the Blogpost links , which we have wriiten for IndiBlogger contest like Kellogs KhilJayeBachpan , GodrejExpert , Banega swachch India etc. ? Please update. 

IndiBlogger
from India
6 years ago
You can post anything you feel is your best work! So post away 😊👍

graet

Digamber Naswa
Digamber Naswa
from Faridabad
6 years ago

Great effort ...  

CRD
CRD
from Mumbai
6 years ago

Guys, the comments box is not showing

Treat and Trick
Treat and Trick
from Singapore
6 years ago

Hi,

Do you have a chance to win if you did not get any vote and comment?

Urvashi Tulsiyan
Urvashi Tulsiyan
from Ahmedabad
6 years ago

Wow! This is the best thing happened to humankind after fire and wheel!

Anshulika Chawla
Anshulika Chawla
from Ludhiana
6 years ago

Does anyone have any idea about why the blog awards are happening after four long years ? Wink

HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
from KOLKATA
6 years ago

Keeping fingers crossed and hoping....just hoping...

Sabiha Khan
Sabiha Khan
from Pune
6 years ago

Wow,,, interesting 

This is very good news. Repolishing my blog for  submitting. Keep up the good work :)

Can I know the prizes and how it will be distributed?

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
6 years ago

I notice many blogs are submitted in the wrong category. Content doesn't match the category at all. Shouldn't there be some form of moderation? 

Harish Bhagavathula
from Hyderabad
6 years ago

I'm a edutech blogger. There aren't many categories in the given list that suits my topics. I had to settle with education and digital design as categories. Frown

Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
6 years ago

If posted in wrong category, then the blog loses its chance of getting any prize. Because relevance and creativity both matters.

Appreciable initiative to recognize and promote bloggers.  

umashankar pandey
umashankar pandey
from Bhopal
6 years ago

Dear Indiblogger, a patron of my blog has been trying to post a comment on the link for my blog and it has disappered twice with the message that 'the comment is not available'. Are the coments being modertaed? Kindly look into the matter urgently.

Regards,

Umashankar

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
6 years ago

Really super excited to see this. Waiting for this to happen and it's here. Glad to see additional categories that could bring more relevance to my blog, The Male Factor. Once suggestion, next year please add 'Law' as a category as well.

umashankar pandey
umashankar pandey
from Bhopal
6 years ago

@Renie

Dear Renie, is there a word limit for comments at the Nomination Page for IB Awards 2017?

Regards

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
6 years ago

No there isn't! Smile

Hi Renie and the Indiblogger team, thank you so much for this great opportunity! I'm already enjoying going through the blog nominations and coming across so many wonderful people. I was wondering if you have a criteria in mind regarding the comments ? if the number of comments would be given more weightage or the quality of the testimonial or something else?

Also, it seems like Facebook profile is the only way to leave a comment? Some people do not use Facebook and it would be rather odd if they are not able to comment for this reason. Is there a workaround that perhaps I overlooked?

Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,

Menorca -Snip No SSP-

Harish Bhagavathula
from Hyderabad
6 years ago

I second that! Most of the readers and followers for my blog are from LinkedIn. I really can't ask them to leave a testimonial using their personal facebook accounts. Is there a workaround?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
6 years ago

The main purpose of the testimonials is to give the jury additional perspective from the point of view of your readers. A judge looking at your blog may not know exactly how much of an impact your blog has on your readers. It's almost a certainty that you know your readers better than the jury, so the testimonials are to bridge that gap in understanding. In short - it's not quantitative, it's qualitative. I hope that answers your question! Smile

As for the Facebook login - we had to choose one system in order to prevent gaming. In the end we went with FB because it's the most popular. So I'm sorry, but there isn't any workaround. Perhaps you could ask them to post a comment on your blog post itself? Because the jury will be reading those comments as well!

Anumeha Meehnia
Anumeha Meehnia
from Delhi
6 years ago

Sounds great :D :D

Jitaditya Narzary
Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
6 years ago

Hi Renie, 

Here is a tricky question. Sorry if it sounds too desperate.

What is the minimum number of applicants that you need in a particular a category to not scrap it?

I mean, if a category has only one participant, will he win by default? Or will you scrap the category due to low participation?

I can see some categories with 0 participants so that gave me some ideas :P ;)

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
6 years ago

He/she will win by default, but only if the blog is relevant to the category! Smile

Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
6 years ago

great... thanks for the quick reply :)

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
6 years ago

Ah! Relevance is the key for even those categories where there are maximum applicants. Lots of them may not be relevant to the category they have applied for.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
6 years ago

Aha! A single entry winning by default is so charming. Wish I had left space for a late submission to categpries...

LockSign in to reply to this thread