Contest: The Perfect Road Trip!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Describe your idea of the perfect road trip. You can choose your car, your companions, the route and the destination. The most memorable road trips win Samsung Galaxy S4s!

Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=83

Replies 41 to 60 of 232 Descending
Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Sakshi, @Nandini and @Ranjit - Better to post atleast 1 day in advance. I mean before 2oth July. Infact, you should post your articles as soon as you finish it.

There is a history - People submitting on the final day seldom win the contest. I don't know the exact reason though.

I'll submit todaySmile

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Moreover, there is a chance of considereing your posts as plagiarism, due to last day posting + Co-incidenceUndecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

nop earlier i used to submit on first few days itself, never won any pan india contests, Frownso now i'll submit only on last dayLaughing....by the way u are wrong...i've seen entries 'win' that posted just few lines on last date and edited later.Undecided and see ranjith - he always posts last and has won so manyMoney mouth

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

they have screen shot something something, they'll find out if anything is plagarised

Sakshi Nanda
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Don't know what's better or worse, but I just submitted mine. :) And shared it on FB etc too. What goes! ;)

Sayantini Bhattacharya
from Chakdaha
10 years ago

Excatly, it happened to me too!

@Sakshi Nanda....delightful read. Loved it totally

Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi Nandini, thanks for the feedback. But they also use the screenshot technique for any major changes to the submitted article lateron...

I'm talking about the unintentional plagiarism here, due to co-incidence and late submission.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

since the entries are not displayed yet, no one knows who all submitted, so any co-incidence cant be said plagarism, unless theres is change of content later on, methinks. my post is ready and is almost over 2500 words, but after so many times submitted during first few days itself, i'm experimenting last minute submission now Laughing i'd have submitted earlier had there been some kinda early bird contest running parallel Tongue out

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Nandini @Ranjith @Sakshi - Best of luck for the contest. My article is 1100 words, and I'm quite worried. I don't know, will it be able to create that much of enthusiasm for the jury to read till the endSmile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

mine is 2500+ i'm hoping they dont fall asleep midway LaughingTongue out

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

There should also be a Rastrapati Award when the jury really sleep midwayInnocent

Stephen
from Raleigh
10 years ago

I am sure Nandini Deka's  post would be awesome! so point of the judges sleeping midway is ruled out. ;)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Judges falling asleep midway? - You can become  a baby care taker. Tongue out

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
10 years ago

Oh! now I have to think something for this thing.....have been away for a while...now its time to wear the thinking cap ;) and come up with a memorable trip. :D

Sakshi Nanda
Sakshi Nanda
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Am I the 1st one to have taken the plunge? Surprised 

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

IPC 294Surprised

Sakshi Nanda
Sakshi Nanda
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Who says it's true, Akash? Cool

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I've not seen anything, but the cop was. I don't know the cop alsoSurprised

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I believe, only semi-true stories are allowed in this contest...

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

akash...will they come to our houses to verify if the stories are infact true or not?Surprised

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Nandini @Sakshi - Pls don your humor-cap. I was just kiddingSmile

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

Oops! I had forgotten all about this contest... I thought the final submission date is sometime in August. 

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Still 24 hours left!

Pawan
Pawan
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Just added my post, Hope to win S4 this time :)

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Nice journey, and memorable tooSmile Best of luck.

k2
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

all the best :) 

Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Few IB members are telling - adding the post on the final day is goodLaughing

So I've added my post today. Not to win the S4, but for self satisfactionSmile

k2
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

All the best :) 

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks K2Smile

k2
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Here is one advantage of adding the post on the last day :

If you submit the post many days before the deadline, it will not be shown on your followers' ( Indi Network ) 'Posts from my Network' page because it is hidden. After the entries are made visible, the entry will be shown but it will not be on the first page because those posts are sorted by date. So, adding post on the last date helps improve visibility among your followers ( those who added you to their Indi Network ) 

What others are talking about is plagiarism.

Best wishes Akash
k2
k2
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

Submitted my post atlast Smile hope it wins S4 for me

being little greedy Wink

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@K2 - I think you've already won. G8 PostSmile

k2
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

Sealed thanks

Bodhisattwa Debnath
Bodhisattwa Debnath
from Bangalore
10 years ago

This is my first post on the forums. Have been blogging for a while but only recently joined Indiblogger. If there was anything like a monkey on a back, roadtrips is the one for me and my wife. You might get a glimpse of what I am talking about if you read my post "The impromptu roadtrip recipe (What Happens when you suddenly decide to drive 1200 kms on a Sunday afternoon)". So here's the Perfect Road Trip idea:

A trans-continental raodtrip. Let me explain the route. We have been planning for a Great Indian Roadtrip for a while now. The baisc stuffs we thought about were Bangalore - Leh (via Goa/Gujarat or Madhya Pradesh). The second one is Bangalore - North East (Mainly Shillong and Taiwan, tracing back roads of home).

The Perfect Road Trip has to be this: Bangalore to Thailand over the India - Myanmar - Thailand Trilateral Highway. I know that it might take a little while to materialize this. But if anyone is keen on the route, let me know! I'd love to talk about it.

[PS: I recently planned out an India - Germany ride so matters of international crossings, Carnet and stuff like that are known to me. Would love to converse!]

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

write it on ur blog, not here

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@BD - You must be using zillions of Ambi Pur Car Perfumes during your "Pan International Road Trip?"

Don't worry, you will be their favorite for this contest.

Best Of LuckSmile

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Nandini - Writing here is Ok, but not the live link. Which is against IB's Quality GuidelinesSmile

k2
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

@Nandini ......it's alrite he's newbie in indiblogger so it'll take time to get along with the rules

and @Bodhisattwa......  hope you win

Best of luck Smile

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

They have extended the deadline!

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

New deadline: 24 July 2013.

Phew! I'd better complete my post now!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Now that the deadline is extended, I have a reason to postpone typing my post and waste time now. ;)

Bodhisattwa Debnath
Bodhisattwa Debnath
from Bangalore
10 years ago

First off, really sorry for including a live link. It was only in context.

@Akash: I am pretty sure I will be. Add to thatmy dog who uptill now has been a part of all roadtrips, maybe whole bunch of agarbattis won't be a bad ideas either. Thanks for the wishes, @K2, @Akash.

@Nandini Looked for an "edit" option below my reply but could not find any (perhaps someone can guide me to it?). Apologies if I offended IB etiquettes. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Replies can be edited only for 3 minutes after posting. You can leave that link as it is. It's not a big problem.

Have a good time here. Smile

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

The deadline extended to 24th July 2013? Can somebody please verify? Thanks. :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes. Smile

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

My laptop is giving me trouble so I'm glad the last date has been moved to 24th. I now have 3 days to figure it out!

Wow, this is great

I hurriedly completed my blog to submit before the last day and as soon as I submitted,it shows that the contest closes on 24th. I could have done my blog a bit better by adding few pics & video of my tripCry

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

You can make changes to your post until the contest closes!

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

We are permitted to submit multiple entries and as Renie said you can edit it!

Date extended till 24th. Great news.
k2
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

yeah....... Cool

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

I couldn't write a single word today...so much want to participate in Idea Caravan too... For sure try to complete both tewiteup within next 2-3 days...

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Me too. I'm not usually happy with dates extending for results but to exteneded deadlines to submit entries - yes please! I hope to find my muse soon!

Coolvoohoo last date extended. Cool

@everyone: Lets not waste more time and let us submit our entries prior to the deadline.

Cool I am yet to start writing. Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

We ( at least me ) always look forward for an extension of the extended deadline. Laughing

P.S. I already wrote one entry ( not yet published ). I want to write few more. Wink

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith - PewWink... Few...Surprised

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i dont like extensions esp after i submitted, but if they extend before i submitted then its okCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Few  = 1 or 2 and not 5-10. Laughing I want to win multiple prizes at least once and this appears to be a good chance. Getting 2 of those 150 movie tickets appears somewhat easy. Laughing

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjit - I was thinking you willo write PHEW posts and take all the 3 S4 + 150 Movie TicketsMoney mouth

Hamare liye bhi kuch chod do yaar...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Many prizes will be left for you. Innocent

I still didn't understand what PHEW  is! Innocent

LockSign in to reply to this thread